yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34625 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #510 on: November 06, 2010, 05:11:05 pm »

Garul gets the request for bolts and gets to them, smithing them out carefully, but diligently. Silver is a metal with unusual properties legends had it, and with these unnatural enemies, they may be what they need. He sees that one door is complete, but another door will be needed or a narrower passageway, and mention s this, for the outer wall, due to the two urist wide opening. He takes some time to clean the compound, then do some patrolling before putting his table and lockbox in his room. He also mentions that he will gladly put the table in a common dining room when one is established, in exchange for a fair quality one. After this he takes a bit of time, to eat then to sleep.

Garul will mention need of a solution for the fortress entrance, that will protect everyone within the compound, and will request any requested items be mentioned to him, metal or defense based.

shift 1
8 hours smithing silver bolts. smelting if needed.

shift 2
2 hours cleaning the fortress and compound
5 hours patrolling compound
1 hour decorating room and eating, using chest as makeshift seat.

alternate shift 2 [gm's discretion]
8 hours patrolling compound

shift 3
8 hours sleeping
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:41:29 pm by Riversand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 06, 2010, 05:38:39 pm »

I'm not sure if we should split up the 8-hours shifts... it probably leads to more work for Hastur. Probably it would be better just to have shift 2 be patrolling, and shift 3 be sleeping/eating.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 06, 2010, 05:42:18 pm »

You're posting an action for a turn that has been partially completed, and the outcome of the encounter already decided. I'm not sure that there's much point in you patrolling.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 06, 2010, 06:00:50 pm »

8 hours making a new clear glass medical set
8 hours tending to the wounded, possibly with more of Cheddarius' bandages
8 hours sleeping and eating
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 06, 2010, 11:05:47 pm »

How do I join?

To join you need a character, you can either take control of Ochita the miner, or Urist the brewer or REvist the hunter. Or you can describe your character and i will give him stats, OR you can make entirely customised yourself with the system below...

Skills I will do like this: You get 10 points you can spend on the following skills http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Skills. One point buys one rank up, but if you take at least 5 skills you get +5 more points for being versatile. **EDIT: but they must all be rank 2 or 3 to qualify**

Attributes will be based of of this http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Attributes but I have reduced the number of attributes to 10 because many are bast represented in game by the player, like creativity. As you can see the attributes go from a neutral level to +4 ranks if you are unbelievably strong to -4 ranks if you are unfathomably weak.           You get 10 rankups for your attributes.  Also the stats are reduced to

Strength
fine coordination
gross agility
toughness
endurance
health
Intellect
willpower
perception
charisma

Lastly you can trade 1 attribute rankup for 3 skillpoints or 3 skillpoints for 1 attribute rankup. and noone can start with a skill better than talanted.

lastly you get starting equipment 800 bucks worth, the equipment list is found on the first page, and if you would like anything else you can ask me for its stats and cost. Or i can make a character for you out of a description or something

Ps there are sample characters all over the first page to get an overall idea of what the end result should look like, feel free to ask me any questions, and once your guys is done you join the community right away.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 07, 2010, 12:03:42 am »

If you make a new dwarf, could you bring bandages, wardogs, and various seeds (sun berry, dimple cup, pig tail, rock nut)?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 07, 2010, 06:50:56 am »

No, 'cause that metagaming. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 07, 2010, 09:36:50 am »

I need to go looking for some new clothes and a sword. Also, I want to make a table for my cabin.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 07, 2010, 12:55:57 pm »

We have ludicrous quantities of excess equipment, just grab something from the stockpile or something. We might not have much in the stockpile, actually - a while ago, I assigned everyone excess equipment (if possible, a crossbow, a melee weapon, an emergency dagger, and some throwing weapons), so we cleared out much of the stockpile.
Hmmm. Looking back, I assigned Cog an obsidian greatsword, and afterwards you said "I'll take that," so you should already have a sword? Unless you want a new one; then Riversand can smelt you an iron sword.

As for clothes, Neyvn brought 30 pig tail seeds when he arrived, and nobody appears to have planted any. So we should be able to get some pig tails soon.

Finally, for the table, I'm afraid you'll have to wait a while for that... I'm planning to make an epic dining table with Nirur if he accepts, which will take a day. Then we'll need to make two tables, one for you and one for Riversand. After that, we'll have a fine quality table in the dining room and also a crazy awesome one.

I looked through the thread, and we should have 7 puppies and a wardog. Neyvn brought two, Org brought one, the other Cog brought two, and wolfchild brought two and a wardog. None of them appear to have died in combat.
Hastur, how long does it take for puppies to grow up?
EDIT: The raws say 1 year, but that would probably be too long for this game, since it would take several years in real time.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:48:36 pm by Cheddarius »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 07, 2010, 01:15:38 pm »

I was waiting for the turn to be finished before posting my next action. I accept the joint-table-project.

16 hours making a really, really great table with Cheddarius.
8 hours night guard duty from my tower. I'll snack on something in the first hour.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 07, 2010, 01:26:59 pm »

Cheddarius spends 16 hours assisting Nirur Torir in making a table out of stone and werewolf bones. He lets Nirur, the better mason, take the lead. He tries to help out, but at the same time tries to avoid injuring himself.
Cheddarius spends 8 hours sleeping and eating. He eats good food and drink to try and recover from his injury.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 07, 2010, 03:21:00 pm »

We have ludicrous quantities of excess equipment, just grab something from the stockpile or something. We might not have much in the stockpile, actually - a while ago, I assigned everyone excess equipment (if possible, a crossbow, a melee weapon, an emergency dagger, and some throwing weapons), so we cleared out much of the stockpile.
Hmmm. Looking back, I assigned Cog an obsidian greatsword, and afterwards you said "I'll take that," so you should already have a sword? Unless you want a new one; then Riversand can smelt you an iron sword.

As for clothes, Neyvn brought 30 pig tail seeds when he arrived, and nobody appears to have planted any. So we should be able to get some pig tails soon.

Finally, for the table, I'm afraid you'll have to wait a while for that... I'm planning to make an epic dining table with Nirur if he accepts, which will take a day. Then we'll need to make two tables, one for you and one for Riversand. After that, we'll have a fine quality table in the dining room and also a crazy awesome one.

I looked through the thread, and we should have 7 puppies and a wardog. Neyvn brought two, Org brought one, the other Cog brought two, and wolfchild brought two and a wardog. None of them appear to have died in combat.
Hastur, how long does it take for puppies to grow up?
EDIT: The raws say 1 year, but that would probably be too long for this game, since it would take several years in real time.

Cog is the only one who responded in agreement (if i recall correctly) to your hypothetical loadout question so he is the only one who got the weapon in his inventory right now. I think some people equipped their brestplates that have been newly made though.  And Puppies i will determine how much longer they will take to mature by rolling, It takes a year but some might be already nearly grown up. 1/3 are halfway though puppyhood, 1/3 are 16/18ths through to adulthood, and the next 1/3 are basically halfway though puppyhood as well. because we are already a month or so into the game mens that the 88% puppies are about to grow up any day now.

I will asign everyone their hypothetical weapons since nobody objected but i was gonna do it next time i updated the stocks, which i planned to be when i felt like it or at the end of day 42.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:22:37 pm by Hastur »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 07, 2010, 03:48:05 pm »

A year is still too long, I think. This would mean we could never really get any kind of ranching going, because it'd take nearly 400 turns for a youngling to mature.

The time should really be something reasonable within the game, even if it becomes ridiculous compared to reality.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 07, 2010, 03:50:13 pm »

anyone else want to game to go faster? i can make it happen. But it would be with more montages.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 07, 2010, 03:56:02 pm »

The game speed is fine, but I think puppies should grow up within a set time - about 5 to 10 in-game days. If it was a year, that's way too long... Players could go to college, leave the Bay12 forums, or die before puppy ranching really got started.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46