yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34613 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #480 on: November 03, 2010, 03:29:13 pm »

8 hours eating and sleeping.
16 hours reinforcing Tower 1 and building it up.

All walls in the second story and thereafter on the towers should have arrow slits.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 03, 2010, 05:42:08 pm »

Adwarf, I don't think it's necessary for you to gather sticks and stones for bolts, whatever their efficacy in breaking our enemies' bones as opposed to verbal weapons. I can churn out massive quantities of bone bolts... if you really want more bolts, I can spend my whole day making bolts.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 04, 2010, 12:31:17 am »

Day 36
The cobblestone fortress walls rise higher than ever, but their sturdiness near the top leaves much to be desired, but it should keep the stupider of the land creatures away.
Adwarf Sleeps during the morning, eating his fill before going out on patrol, he notices some movement behind a ridge, but by the time he gets there its has vanished. Suspicious, inspects the ground for markings, but it is no use with his meagre hunting abilities. Finally he collects wood , collecting 8 units of wood from the distant trees. (+8 wood)

Cheddarius nurses his wounds, and sits at the crafting workshop making 60 bolts out of 3 units of bone (-3 bone +60 bone bolts) He goes around the farms, they look nearly mature enough to eat by his estimation, but maybe they'll grow a little bigger with some more time. He tends to them, and manages to plant a few too (+15 days worth of planted muckroot bleh!) Muckroots are easy, just stick em in the mud so he has heard. zzz

Cog repairs his door

Cog the Glassmaker Sleeps during the morning (why do you people keep sleeping first?) and eventually takes care of the wounded dwarves, dragging urist and ochita to bed. he does what he can, luckily he is pretty damn smart, and washes the wounds out with whiskey, wraps the wounds in torn clothing. Ochita seems to be in no immediate danger of dying, and stops bleeding eventually. Urist is far healthier and his body begins the healing process without too much trouble. The other will have to heal up on their own, but at least they can walk.

Garul heps bring necessary supplies to the healing dwarves, so they dont have to go limping around for their daily food and drink.

Hrodegr collects wood, eats and sleeps. (+12 wood)

Nirur Takes blocks up to the next level of his tower, building it partially up another level The work is labor intensive, but each block fits in almost flawlessly between the others, with a little concrete filling a few gaps in the corners, the surface is unscalable by unaided climbers, and not a breeze can be felt inside, especially once a hatch goes in place. , he also creates a sturdy slot in the masonry to block the door with a large block on the first floor if neccessary. With a little advance warning it should be hard to open indeed. (-4 blocks, second story walls 8/20% complete)

Ochita Recuperates

Revist Idles

Urist Recuperates

Moods
Adwarf
++Cheddarius
+Cog
++Cog
+++Garul
Hrodegr
Nanothnir??
++Nirur
Ochita
-Revist
--Urist
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:11:33 pm by Hastur »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 04, 2010, 01:36:44 am »

Irony, if you don't have any other pressing issues (no offense intended, but you're a glassmaker), could you fix me up a bit today? I know I can heal on my own, but I don't want to have to heal slowly, since my work involves a lot of strain (masonry, blacksmithing, etc.)

Cheddarius rests in the morning to try and get over his injuries early. He spends 8 hours eating, sleeping, and possibly seeking medical attention if the other Cog offers it. He eats fish and drinks great beer.
Afterwards, Cheddarius spends 8 hours planting seeds. He tries to plant better plants than just muck roots, if he is strong enough to.
Finally, Cheddarius spends 8 hours manufacturing stone blocks by candlelight. He keeps his equipment nearby, in case the fortress is attacked during the night.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 04, 2010, 02:50:33 am »

None taken, that's one of the reasons I figured medical duty would be perfect for me.

16 hours performing medical stuff on Cheddarius, Hrodegr, Ochita, and Urist, in that order.
8 hours eating and sleeping.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 04, 2010, 04:16:04 am »

Garul Growls as he looks at the remains of his broken doors, the first attack and they break down... he sighs, removing the broken metal, and places the scraps into a pile of the stockroom.

He finds a stoneworker to ask them for some heavy stone doors. Soon he sets to work on making some more mechanisms, to set up a new door system for the perimeter wall.

He naps in the middle of the day, before getting food to eat, and patrols during the night shift, warily watching for any attack.

8 hours making mechanisms [and removing the remains of the copper doors.]
2 hours eating
6 hours sleeping; mid-day
8 hours patrolling at night
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 04, 2010, 10:22:24 am »

8 hours making sturdy stone doors
8 hours building up tower 1 with stone blocks. If there are none left, make more.
8 hours sleeping and eating

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 05, 2010, 02:45:53 pm »

I know but i am planning to do something else with the wood and stone so forget about the bolt part this turn i will spend 16 hours happily picking up more stones and rocks and 8 hours trying to see if we have any silver ( to make silver bolts to shoot werewolves with )

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 05, 2010, 10:17:01 pm »

Day 37...
The Days wear on, The certainty that some creature comforts need to begin grows in the back of their minds. The personal bedrooms are a nice touch, but maybe a dining hall, fancier food, or at least some smoothed stone. But all of those will come in time, for now noone seems to be afflicted with space madness. No dwarf is ever truly satisfied, there is always MORE, but for now progress is steady, and safety is a more pressing concern.

Cheddarius Recuperates, getting up only to feed himself. He is seen laying in his room patting his belly with crumbs on his bed (-fish -the good beer ++mood). Later in the evening he begins working in the farm fields, attempting to plant some whip vine along the swampbanks. He manages to plant 5 days worth of whip vine * During the night, we works by candlelight and produces  4 blocks in a fit of dedicated work. He hears the faint echo of a strange rapping tremor traveling down the halls, quite mysterious. (-4 rock +4 block)

Cog walks between the wounded dwarves, asking if everything is ok, Cog cancels task: unable to find bandages. He tries to go down to the hospital, but it seems to be walled off, all the stuff was stored there! Instead he does the best he can, cleans the wounds with alcohol and evaluates the progress of the injuries by poking them with a stick. Cheddar and Hrodegr are recovering, but Ochita and urist drift in and out of deleriousness and conciousness, Ochita has a wound starting to infect. Urist is pale but not getting worse. There is not much Cog can do about how long it will take for their bodies to heal, not at Cogs skill level anyways, unless he really wants to attempt surgery.

Garul goes to his workshop, stepping over a dead werewolf corpse,and makes 3 mechanisms. Then he cuts heavily into his sleepytime, enjoying a slow ponderous meal, He picks the plumpest plump helmets, tucks in a makeshift bib, cutting his plump helmet into thin delicate slices and enjoying each morsel, and washing it down with sips from his murky water filled cup. He cleans up the remains of his double copper gate. He seems to recall an era of dwarven history where only copper had been mastered, it was limited to small short stabbing weaponry and crude bashing axes, certainly not lare metal protective gates, at least not without a copper alloy. Maybe the fortress will strike zinc, or was it nickel that is needed for bronze? He ponders it in his mind while patrolling that night.

Nirur plasters and cements a rock door together during his first shift, focusing on sturdyness. He takes his time on a single door, and it is built sturdier than a brick outhouse. The rocks fit together well, with hardly any vulnerable cement seams visible between them. It should hold up to anything short of a determined bronze pick onslaught. He then works on his tower, working in a haze, he miraculously finishes that floor of the tower, and the cieling too! and theres even a Magenta Opal in his pocket, where did he find that?  (dammit man theres only a 4.6296% chance of critting stop it.) (-x blocks -1 rock +1 Sturdy Rock Door +tower level done)

Adwarf checks the stocks, and while they have plenty of stone, wood is in short supply, so he goes out and gathers wood. As he is collecting wood from off the ground dangerously far from the fortress, He hears a thundrous crash. Investigating with crossbow drawn, he finds a recently fallen tree, marked by savage clawmarks. Its roots came right out of the soft earth apparently, and he grips it with both hands and slowly but shurely drags it back to the fortress as only a dwarf can. In the evening, he goes about searching the stockroom for silver, Turns out there is a health pile of silver ore available, He decides to take it over to the forge and manages to cast some into bars without burning himself. Pleased, he puts the 8 bars away and he is now one step closer to having a silver weapon.( +32 wood, -8 silver ore +8 Silver bars)

Moods(will finish later)
Adwarf
Cheddarius
Cog
Cog
Garul
Hrodegr
Nanothnir
Nirur
Ochita
Revist
Urist
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:18:44 pm by Hastur »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 05, 2010, 10:36:24 pm »

Garul, could you work on those silver bolts that Adwarf wanted?
I think if Ochita dies, I'll take over his mining work.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 05, 2010, 10:42:03 pm »

We have any options for getting thread/cloth to bandage the wounded?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 05, 2010, 10:45:17 pm »

Lol, jsut toss him in a ditch why dont ya!

Thread or canvas can be gotten by cannibalizing some canvas items or clothing. Although not at a very efficient rate, like 1 set of clothes = a pack of bandages. Otherwise it needs to be planted, im shure somone has brought pig tail seeds. Hrodegr is a clothesmaker he probably has a some. One month grow time on pig tails. btw

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 05, 2010, 10:54:35 pm »

Can we weave werewolf fur into bandages, or apply it raw as a poultice?
I will try to grow pig tails, but I am not sure if Ochita can cling to life that long. Maybe with a combination of practices we can save him.
I am willing to sacrifice my clothes if necessary. I can wear werewolf hides for warmth.

If we have no other choice, and we have armed ourselves sufficiently... entering the hospital is one option.

Hey, Hastur. When I came to the fortress, I brought 30 bandages. Do we still have those, or did someone haul them into the hospital?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 05, 2010, 11:06:55 pm »

Say, why is the hospital walled off?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 05, 2010, 11:11:35 pm »

Something is down there. First it was a faint scratching. Nirur walled it off, and came back to found it had been partially deconstructed....
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 46