yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34606 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #465 on: November 01, 2010, 09:32:17 pm »

I'll spend mine on Armorsmith.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 01, 2010, 09:33:02 pm »

(+7 cut glass? glass blocks? glass gem? and -7 raw green glass)
Ideally I'd like a single gem, a ring, and the rest cut glass. 6 cut glass and one green glass gem if I can't cut a ring. Pocket the gem and put on the ring (if it exists).

nows a good a time as any... so everyone gets a skillpoint if they gave a montage song during the last montage.
Yay. Do we choose the skillpoint or is it assigned for us?

Creep to the fortress door as quietly as I can, then bang frantically on it, hoarsely whispering "Werewolves! Open the door!!"

If that doesn't work, run around the fortress wall to the far side so I can yell louder without the werewolf hearing me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 01, 2010, 09:41:14 pm »

the skill point can be chosen for any skill you have significantly utilized so far. also poor timing on my edit, carry on

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 01, 2010, 09:44:25 pm »

Excellent, I'll predictably put my point in glassworking.

Nirur, have any preferences for me? "Cower in the tower like a girl" was my preferred one, but I'm open to suggestions.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 01, 2010, 09:47:09 pm »

Irony, I think you should do a nude dance on the tower to boost morale. Make sure to include lots of pelvic thrusts.

Cheddarius grabs his equipment, rushing out the door before Nirur closes it. He runs at the werewolf, hurling javelins at it when he gets in range. When he has thrown two javelins, he retreats and fire his crossbow. If the werewolf moves to attack him, he shouts for Cog to come out and help him, and throws his last javelin at the werewolf. After hurling the javelin, he grabs his copper axe and large shield, trying to fend the werewolf off until Cog arrives, and hoping that the constant stream of fire from Adwarf and Nirur Torir will kill it. If the werewolf disarms him, he will grab his glass dagger and try to stab the werewolf in the heart, then run away as fast as he can.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 01, 2010, 09:50:10 pm »

for clarification. Nirur sleeps in the basement of tower one... there is confusion here. The where wolf is in front of the cabin, which is almost directly in front of the fortress. Cog the glassblower ran to the tower, which is outside, because if he ran towards the fortress entrance he would be withing spitting distance of the werewolf unarmed.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 01, 2010, 09:54:29 pm »

Irony, if you can get Cog to open the door, you're welcome to join us. I -thought- I stuck a hatch on tower two's basement as well, but there aren't any walls there.

I'll be up here shooting until it's gone, or until I run out of bolts.

There is no access from either tower to the fortress. I'm a bit paranoid.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 01, 2010, 09:59:31 pm »

Perform an unusual thrust-heavy encouragement dance on top of the tower. If things become desperate, hurl my green glass gem at the werewolf in the hopes that it will inexplicably sever the head, crush the heart, and mangle the upper left leg in one shot.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 01, 2010, 11:07:14 pm »

Cog the Glassguy is atop the tower with Nirur
Nirur Makes it to the top of the tower
Cheddar is awoken by the howling and rushes out to battle, but it takes precious seconds to arm himself.
Cog the fisher is scratched by the claws of the werewolf as one of its arms breaches the door. it is quickly becoming tatters. He gets low, and bars the door, buying himself a second or two. The Wolfman looks the hole with one eye and sees cog pushing his bed to reinforce the door. The Wolfman seizes the door with both hands and rips it apart. Cig jumps off the bed and pulls himself into the attic. The wolfman kicks the bed out of the way and barges into the room, looking up after Cog.

Cheddarius makes it to the fortress entrance with a whole arsenal of weapons in his arms, With him is Hrodegr, Ochita and Urist. Ochita runs into the stockroom to arm themselves. Hrodegr has a shield and farther back Urist remains to operate the copper porticulus/doorway. Cheddarius accidently drops his crossbow as he breaks into a run

Cheddarius charges forward, seeing the werewolf in his sight, and hurls one wooden javelin at its back, it flies fairly straight, and makes it through the doorway at least but it falls short. He continues charging forward and throws the other one closer. It nails the werewolf in the abdomen, but Cheddarius arm is weak, or the wolfhide too tough, because the javelin only tears the hide, pierces the fat and scratches the muscle layer. Granted it was a big muscle layer.

Cog Cowers in the corner of his attack as the werewolf begins crawls towards him, but it is wounded from below as it hangs halfway out of the attic, It is enraged just a little bit more and it drops down and sees Cheddarius. It dashes madly towards him.

Hrodegr loads up cheddarius crossbow and passes it to him. Then he retreats back inside the fortress entrance. "Use the traps to our advantage!"

Cheddarius shoots his crossbow from the hip as he retreats backward as best he can, but the bolt sticks firmly in the side of the cabin instead.

Nirur lays reaches the tower top just in time to see the werewolf burst into the cabin and probably devour Cog the fisher. He lays down and braces his powerful crossbow on the very edge and wit for the werewolf to come back down. Cheddarius antics definitly draw its attention and it comes bursting out in a chase. Nirur pulls his trigger when it comes out and at the last moment compensates a hair, in the blink of an eye, for the werewolfs lunging stride. The bolt hits Skewering its neck and mangling its tail.

The wolfman rears back in pain giving Cheddar and Hrodegr enough time to get back behind the gate. The Wolf charges forward and triggers 3 of the 4 traps. Spikes erupt from the floor Striking twice in the right leg and once in the abdomen. The spikes tear gash and slice its hide. Bruise, gash , and tear its fat. Pierce and gash its muscle. and scratch and pierce its organs. One of the spikes strikes deeply. The werewolf vomits and is immobilised for a moment before the spikes retract.

Cheddarius chucks a javelin while he is able, flying deflty through the gate and shallowly wounding it. It reels from accumulated wounds.

Werewolf reaches the gate and seises it in both hands. It bashes it with one hand repeatedly and shakes it violently. The Copper gate warps and bends slowly at first, but as it stress fractures the werewolf makes a mockery of the shoddy construction of the copper gate. Its thin metal twists free and the wolf lunges at the dwarves. Cheddar, Ochita and Hrodegr are ready though , and strike first as it leaps through the air. Ochita misses with the pick, Cheddarius swings the copper axe that he made himself, and strikes it in the shoulder and it pounces, but its toughness is like no other, and the axe turns in his hand, doing negligible damage. Hrodegr leaps in its way heroically, bashing it in the face with his shield.

The werewolf bowls over hrodegr and cheddar with ease, slamming them against Ochitas seemingly immovable bulk, they are lightly squished. The wolf bites into Hrodegrs shieldrim, and slashes about with both claws, it grasps about but tears only clothing. Blodo gushes from it many wounds and it begins to look pale.

Cheddar cuts at it viciously a few times in the ensuing melee, even Urist joins in to help, it is a tumble of grasping clawing and biting, but eventually Ochita manages some space to swing his pick and strikes the werewolf through the clavicle, mortally wounding it. The werewolf is a real die hard though, and allthough seemingly stunned and bites back and gnaws Urist in the collabone, and slashes Ochita across the face, and kicks cheddarius into the adjacent wall, and easily hurls hrodegr down the hallway. It staggers on for a little bit, long enough to seize, dig in and tear apart precious ligaments of Urist and nearly disembowels Ochita before the pick finishes it off.

Nirur gets there to help. Cog the fisher continues to cower. Cog the glasser, hurls a glass bead at its corpse. Ochita is badly wounded, some of his rib bones are exposed, and Urist is badly mangled. Hrodegr is badly bruised, with minor cuts, and Cheddarius is lacerated in the face, and nearly broke his elbow from hitting the wall, and his breastplate is caved in from the kick, but it only bruised his ribs. Eral was nearly superdwarvenly tough, and unbelivably strong and very healthy even before succumbing to the curse of the werewolf.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:10:40 pm by Hastur »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 01, 2010, 11:16:42 pm »

Awesome, we're all mutilated werewolves now.

Attempt to haul Ochita and Urist to beds, and attempt to perform medical stuff on Ochita, Urist, Cheddarius, and Hrodegr, in that order.

8 hours sleeping/eating
16 hours tending the wounded

Guess I'll play medical dwarf.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 01:46:03 am by IronyOwl »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 01, 2010, 11:28:12 pm »

I propose that some of us spend the day doctoring up the wounded, while I spend the day barricading the tower. If they become werewolves and try to eat us, we might survive for a few days. If not, we'll have a mini-fort.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 01, 2010, 11:43:47 pm »

that was alot to happen... and that sucks about my gate.

The point will be in shield user

-------

Garul will awaken, having usually been a heavy sleeper before, looking out of his room, spear in hand, shield as well in the other, as he tries to find out what the commotion is.

Garul will help with whatever he can, if things are somewhat clear.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 02, 2010, 12:04:13 am »

Cheddarius spends 8 hours carefully carving bone bolts without exerting himself too much.
Afterwards, he spends 8 hours tending to the farms, planting seeds, etc., being careful not to put too much strain on his injuries.
Finally, he eats, rests, and sleeps for 8 hours while the medical dwarves patch him up.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 02, 2010, 01:46:25 am »

Updated schedule to note I work double shifts.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 03, 2010, 03:01:02 pm »

Sorry again if i have not posted in awhile if i dont tell you any actions for that day from now on have my dude spend 8 hours sleeping eating and drinking 8 hours on guard duty and 8 hours cutting branches off trees and gathering stones for primitive bolts ok this turn i will spend 8 hours sleeping while dreaming of a long bloody elf massacre and then 8 hours gathering wood and stones to use in making primitive bolts then my last 8 hours i will grab food and go on guard duty while eating
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46