yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34528 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2010, 01:26:42 pm »

8 hours resting, eating plump-helmets and drinking a bottle of rum.
8 hours making stone blocks.
8 hours sleeping.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2010, 01:34:06 pm »

Canalan started from sleep as Spike Meatmurder, his month old kitten, jumped from his lap.  The pained grunt of the herbalist woke him up fully.  "Oh, you cut your shin open," he shouts, "Well, lets get you to the medical tent."
Canalan guides Nanathnir to the tent with a hastily painted-on cross and bids him lie down.
"I really wish I had the foresight to bring soap, but wine will work."  He pours some of a bottle of wne over the wound, and drinks the rest himself.  He applies a bandage and says, "You may want to rest for a bit, but you should be able to walk on this."
He then picks up his pick and joins in on the mining operation.

8 hours doctoring and mining.  8 hours eating and drinking and kitten. 8 hours sleeping.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 01:41:37 pm »

Night one : In the dead of night a demon rat scurries throughout the camp, between bodies, and into the warm tent full of delicious aromas. The demon rat bores its way through the canvas tent and eats its way into a bag full of preserved fish, tunneling its way and nibbling on a whole 2 weeks worth of fish. Plump and happy, the demon rat is stalked and followed by one of the camp kittens. The kitten pounces at the rat but misses! The rat flees! but is bitten in the tail! The rat turns and screeches as it bites the kitten in the left ear, tearing a hole in it! The kitten deathrolls and tears off the rats whole tail right off! The rat bites the kitten in the chest, it latches on firmly! The Kitten scratches the rat across the stomach! The rat looks sick, but bores its way into the kittens torso! The kitten bites the rat in the neck! A puppy joins the battle! The rat tears a kitten chunk free! The puppy charges right in, chomping on the rats hindquarters! The kitty shakes the rat vigourously, breaking its neck! The rat is stunned! The puppy rends the rat in two! The rat dies. The kitty deposits half a rat next to Ochita as he sleeps and passes out.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:46:59 pm by Hastur »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 01:47:03 pm »

8 rest
8 herbalism
8 sleep

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2010, 02:01:57 pm »

oh god my kitteh!
As Ochita woke up early to the smell of rotting demon rat. he opened his eyes and saw his kitten wit its ear missing and a hole in its chest. Banging on the doctors tent he shouts that his kitten is hurt, please wakeup!
16 hours being near his kitten and then going off to dig a food storage room. Then 8 hours taking care of needs, checking up on the kitten and then sleeping. Maybe someone should fix that hole 
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2010, 02:07:39 pm »

day 2 so far...

Ochita diggs the corridor wider, the future foodstock room deeper and gets more and more tired as the day progresses, but his great endurance prevents him from passing out onto the floor. what happens to his kitty remains to be seen...

Org/Urist is very fortunate, and  gathers 7 days worth of bloated tubers.

Doc takes up the pick and contributes 3 more squares to the effort. As an amateur and not particularly strong digger, his efforts are nearly futile in this hard rock. EDIT: HE DISAGNOSES THAT THE KITTEN NEEDS TO TO HAVE THE WOUND WASHED OUT OR IT WILL PROBABLY GET INFECTED, OTHERWISE THE KITTEN SHOULD PULL THROUGH.

Eral/Ukranian puts together a dilapidated shanty out of units of wood, but without architecture or carpentry skills, and without a particularly keen intellect, it turns out hardly any better than sleeping beneath the wagon. Even after spending nearly his whole shift on it. Some carpenter or Architect would have to devote some time to it before it could be superior to sleeping in the cave or under a tent.

Nirur sets up a hastily assembled workshop by overturning a barrel and sitting in the mud (penalties to masonry) he makes block after block, producing 4 fine stone blocks in 8 hours, a very good effort all things considered.

Cog(labs) picks up his fishing pole and does not have to go far. Fishing out of the swam he drags up a large horned snapping turtle and some fishes, once prepared they will provide 2 weeks worth of food.

Moods
+++Doc + was glad to fix somone up today
+Urist/Org is still hopefull from arriving intact
--Nirur + was satisfied at work today
Ochita - bad water + satisfied at work - a freind was injured
+ Cog + satisfied by work
+Eral/Ukraine +admired his own fine copper axe

Additionally everyone who didnt mention using a torch or candle is accosted by blood gnats and noone is very well rested after sleeping without a proper bed.

Day 3 approaches...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:18:33 pm by Hastur »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2010, 02:40:43 pm »

I'll go off and search for a body of water. When I find one, I'll fish for my shift. After that, take the fish back to camp.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2010, 02:55:17 pm »

Well, I won't be on tomorrow, so my actions for until I get back are: Treat any wounded, mine, take care of kitten, and eat/drink/sleep.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2010, 03:06:45 pm »

1 Hour - Sharpen the axe
1 Hour - Spend time with beloved dog
6 hours try to build a simple shelter from the willow
8 hours rest, eat, drink
8 hours sleep
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2010, 03:10:43 pm »

8 hours resting and recuperation- I almost fainted 8 hours of digging a room that can be a group of workshops 8 hours eating and taking care of myself
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2010, 03:37:36 pm »

Day 3 actions
8 hours eating hardtack and drinking rum.
8 hours fixing up the shack with my architecture skill, using at most 3 stone blocks to help make it more livable.
8 hours sleeping in the shack, using a candle to help keep the bugs away.

My plans for the tower:
Code: [Select]
Basement:
0===0
|+++|
|+++|
|++▲|
0===0

First floor:
0=╬=0
|+++|
|+++|
|▲+▼|
0===0
The door faces towards the cavern, and is probably temporary until we can tunnel into it. There will be hatches over top of the ramps, to help keep the bugs out.

I intend to focus on the basement after getting done with the shack.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 04:05:42 pm by Nirur Torir »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2010, 03:44:39 pm »

Night 2. A zombie slowly rises , trudging step by dragging step, from the surface of the swamp. no dwarf stirs from their sleep but one creature remains wary, The wardog. It pricks up its ears and walks to the swampside. The wardog and zombie fox face each other, a chill bitter wind blows from behind teh zombie foxes back. The fox advances and the wardog barks and growls waking everyone up. The wardog charges and slams into the zombie fox once it gets close, knocking it over! The Fox snips at the wardog, but she rears back in the mud. The wardog latches on firmly to the hind leg! 2 Puppies from camp join the battle! The fox tries to bite back, but misses! The wardog drags the Fox back through the mud, shaking it violently! The puppies dance and bark around the battle! The zombie fox claws savagely at the dog! The dogs left cheek is bruised, but the dog swings the zombie against a nearby tree! Its head swings and wraps around sharply, breaking its spine off and sending the head flying off into the swamp! The puppies latch on to each of the zombies remaining legs! It does not take long  but soon each dog returns to the tents holding a single miasmatic bone.

The dwarves rise up and peer out into the darkness, even a dwarf cant see in the dark with this kind of profuse cloudcover. By the time they fumble with their flintboxes and light a candle, the dogs are already curled back up in the tents with them.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:46:32 pm by Hastur »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 03:50:19 pm »

Kinda unfair that I never got a change to have actions in turn 2, so I will assume that I used it to recover...

8Hrs Searching for more plants...
8Hrs Eating a Bloated Tuber and collecting its seeds (after washing it over slightly...)
8Hrs Sleeping in the Big Tent with the Two Pups I brought...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2010, 03:53:48 pm »

8 hours  Flirt with Nirur, try to learn how he builds, haul materials for him. ( Yes I now that my charisma is so low but she vastly overestimates herself )
8 hours: - eating, drinking, resting
8 hours: - sleeping in the shack
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:56:07 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2010, 04:16:47 pm »

-brew the tubers
-eat/drink/rest
-sleep
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46