yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34597 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #405 on: October 27, 2010, 06:39:15 pm »

Hastur, what are the current dwarf stats and equipment?

Can someone process the dead goatmen so we can get more meat?
And anyone who hasn't yet gotten enough weaponry, here's your chance. Heck, get a crossbow, a mace, two javelins, and a knife just in case. There's no such thing as being too well armed.
Cheddarius takes a wooden javelin and a stone knife.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:53:24 pm by Cheddarius »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 27, 2010, 06:58:13 pm »

Dwarf stats and inventory coming online ....LOADING....

Adwarf
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheddarius

Cog Goldkook

Eral Dummutusung

Garul Swiftspike

Hrodegr Grumbug

Nanothnir

Nirur Torir

Ochita

Revist

Urist Brewfist

If something is missing it got moved to stocks, workshop, or eaten by vermin, probably
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:20:51 pm by Hastur »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 27, 2010, 07:26:56 pm »

Garul will have a knife himself.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 27, 2010, 08:10:13 pm »

Huh? Didn't I buy a large shield when I migrated here?

Okay, here's our current lineup (without anybody taking weaponry):

Now, we've found 5 main melee weapons - the greatsword and maces. We also have 5 people lacking proper weapons - Cog, Nirur Torir, Urist, Ochita, and I don't have real weapons (some of us have picks, etc.). Nirur Torir and Ochita are the strongest, so one of them should get the greatsword. Ochita is a miner, and Nirur is sometimes a guard, so I propose that he gets the greatsword and everyone else gets maces.

We also have a wicker shield. I propose that Nirur Torir gets this, because again, he has taken the time to watch for enemies, and also he is one of the few people active.

I think that spears should go to ranged dwarves who don't have melee weapons, in case they have to melee. So they'd go to Adwarf and Nanothnir.

Garul wants a knife, so he should have one. Cog only has a mace, and he's active, so I think he should also have a knife.

Finally, we have javelins. I propose that they go to active melee fighters. Thus, Cog, Garul, Nirur Torir, and I.

This is my final proposed lineup. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I forgot about our weapons stockpile. I recommend that the wicker shield go to Garul, we give 20 units of ammunition to adwarf and Nanothnir, I take the glass dagger, I switch out my mace for a copper axe, Nirur Torir gets the copper greatsword, and Cog switches his mace for the obsidian greatsword. This would be our setup. Does anyone have any suggestions or changes or whatnot?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:20:16 pm by Cheddarius »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 27, 2010, 08:13:15 pm »

oops i forgot hrodegr lol he shares his stats on a peice of paper with adwarf lol\

Edit: added a large shield without looking it up
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:21:11 pm by Hastur »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 27, 2010, 08:18:31 pm »

I have bad HP stats, and would likely be out of a fight, if not dead or dying, from one good hit. Since I have decent stats for a crossbowdwarf, I'll take that wooden crossbow you're making, with a mace for a backup weapon. I don't think I'd have time to put on a shield if it came to melee combat.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2010, 08:48:42 pm »

All right. How about this?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:09:42 pm by Cheddarius »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 27, 2010, 08:49:24 pm »

I'll take that.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG Day26(come play! a migrant or npc)
« Reply #413 on: October 27, 2010, 09:29:40 pm »

That Night, Adwarf returns, but noone gets up to check to see what he brought back.

Day 26

The Fog clears, and the blood gnats return in force. the outside looks a little like a fortress now, with walls and a tower wedged in between the volcano side and the swamp.

Cheddarius Smelts one iron (+1 iron ore -2 wood) and spends his time making an iron crossbow. he half finishes it, the stock and body is complete, Should he make it a plain crossbow, strong crossbow, very strong crossbow, mighty crossbow, or unbelivably strong crossbow? lesser dwarves cannot draw the mightiest crossbows.  In the afternoon he hammers out one of the two brestplates (+2 copper breastplates) It is a crude but effective thing, good enough to turn aside spears, arrows, darts and some swords he bets, of course nothing is absolute proof, but more or less. He dines on fish(+), and easily falls asleep. During The night he dreams vivid dreams, with crossbows in his mind, he thinks of the crossbows he has seen built. the plain crossbow (3sec reload), a repeating crossbow(0 sec reload), a foot operated crossbow(6sec reload), or a crank operated crossbow(30sec reload) each might be useful in the future.

Garul uses the last of the remaining copper to forge 2 doors. he completes one, hammering tirelessly to compensate for actual relevant smithing skill. Then he rests, socializing with others (+) and breaks open some of the good booze (+) before falling asleep with the bottle empty in hand.

Nirur Crafts some blacksmithing tools, he works like a demon possesed and bores himself with such mundane work... he gets creative, and constucts a revolutionary system of modular interchangable tools, but by the time he finshes the parts are just a bunch of wobbly peices that make no sense (critical failure) (-10 stone and no usable tools) He spends the rest of the time guarding  and sleeps.

Hrodegr (-1 leather +1leather torso armor 120$ + carves a decorative image of a savage alligator 120$)

Cog traps a puma in his trap... it would be unwise to approach it?

Ochita (-4 rock +4 mechanisms)

Revist (-2 skull +2 totem 80$ each)

Urist renders fat (-24 fat +24 tallow)

Prepare for ..... A Montage!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:33:52 pm by Hastur »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 27, 2010, 09:56:44 pm »

Find a crossbowdwarf who is not busy. Tell him to cover my ass. I want that Puma alive!
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 27, 2010, 10:06:05 pm »

How strong of a normal crossbow can one draw with +3 Strength? What about a foot-operated crossbow?

Who wants the copper breastplates? I vote Labs and Nirur Torir.
Neyvn, are you still playing? We really need a farmer.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 27, 2010, 10:12:29 pm »

the crossbow levels correspond to the strenght levels, +1 is strong +2 is very strong +3 is mighty +4 is unbeleivably mighty. So a +3 strength (mighty level of strength) would be able to draw a mighty crossbow. maybe i should call is a +3strenght crossbow for simplicity? or would that cause more confusion like it was a magic crossbow?

A foot crossbow adds more damage, but it is slower to load, everyone still needs to be as strong as the crossbow or stronger to use it however. SO you could make a crank crossbow that is unbeleivable strong on top of that, but it would take an unbelivable strong dwarf to draw it and would still take 30 seconds, allthough you could probably kill a giant eagle with it.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 27, 2010, 10:17:12 pm »

Hmmm. All right. Nirur, I'm going to make you a very strong foot-operated crossbow, okay?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 27, 2010, 10:46:40 pm »

I will be engaging montage mode, once i think everyone is ready. This is a good time to rank up in skill with practicing some odd skill or complete large projects.

MONTAGE MODE: rest of week 5
FACT:  Everyone-once in a while I will invoke a montage...
FACT: ... this one will progress time forward 5 days.
FACT: What i request from each player is awhoppping 5-10 shifts, as everyone works one or two shifts the whole 5 days
FACT: To balance any hard work out i reccomend choosing to eat the good quality food or booze if you are going to work double shifts.

In a montage you have the power of artistic licence. Describe the scenes of your character working his shifts
     Example: Oddom the Woodworker wishes to learn the fine art of axefighting, He Seizes his trusty felling axe and twirls it judging it for ballance...Imagining himself hewing those tall humans left and right he swings his axe to and fro in the privacy of his room...Soon grunts and panting can be heard echoing down the fortress hallways...In the end he twirls his axe standing dramatically on the peak of a volcano and swinging his axe at 2 target dummies to his left and right...The Dummies fall in front of him after a short delay, Oddom posing melodramatically... (Oddom uses all 14 shifts training axe- that contributes 114 hours to axe skill and may be enough to give him a permanent point in his skill)

NOTE: I will give a special bonus to anyone who presents an example of the music used for his montage, A link to youtube will do. Here is an example montage for inspiration   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU9Uwhjlog8
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:53:16 pm by Hastur »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 27, 2010, 10:48:29 pm »

Well if the game is featuring musical montages, I feel the need to ask if there's any room for migrants.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46