yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34589 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #375 on: October 25, 2010, 02:57:15 am »

Wow, never noticed how cocky I was when I posted this, never ment it that way...
I didn't see it as that cocky. If you said something like "Well, we all know this is going to die, lol, Hastur is a failure, also I had sex with his mother. Aaaaanyway I'm going to start a new game. Yep." - then that would be cocky.
Well is it cocky when its the truth??? :P ^_^
Anyway the slots are filling at FM2.0 so hurry else you will be stuck as Migrants and need to wait a month or two...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 25, 2010, 03:40:50 am »

i didnt think it was cocky, in fact i was indeed looking forward to it and am exited to play.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 25, 2010, 03:00:10 pm »

Ok for my next turn i will sleep 8 hours then see if anyone will come with me to where i found the cannibals (goblins) if not i will still go and attack them with my last 16 hours

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 25, 2010, 03:08:15 pm »

Nirur Torris is welcomed back with open arms!

Spring has arrived!
Day 25... The shrouding mists laying heavy over the swamp begin to disperse today and are replaced with a fecund stench carried by the winds from over the swamp. The blood gnats begin to harass the dwarves once again as they toil on. Cog checks his traps early. Having trapped a terrified fish, with a familiar looking zombie turtle trying to break its way into the cage (+7 fish stockpile)

Cheddarius rummages through the stockroom, and slips away with a slab of meat(+) from an unknown creature. He fries it up on a pan over a fire outside, he goes back for more, turning a meal into a veritable feast, beer included. (-3 meat+ -3 beer+). After sleeping during the day he prepares materials for the forging of some breastplates, his face blackening from the stirring of the charcoals (-2 wood). He works through the night (-1 candle), pounding away at the copper ingots slowly turning them into breastplates with his proper tools (-6 copper ingots).  The work looks rough so far, but effective hopefully (240/400% done progress).

Nirur Torir, not to be outdone, works on the mountainside-wall. Climbing over the rough terrain and balancing stone upon stone in a tight cobbled together wall. His worksmanship is outstanding, and he completes the wall with time to spare, even in the rough, steep, unstable terrain (-16 stone). Then he ends his day for the night.

Garul passes out in a spare hallway bed. The sun is setting by the time he gets back up(++). Feeling his tummy rumbling he eats out of the storeroom, where he finds Hrodegr, who seems to always be munching on something. Hrodegr informs him of the freshest bits of food, and to stay away from the muckroots and hardtack. Even the vermin dont seem to eat it. its not even prioritized to be in a barrel anymore. Garul makes an aquaintance (+)

Adwarf sleeps during the day, and heads out for battle with anyone who will join. He lures some with tales of cannibal goblins, Revist and Azurist are coming so far... They Equip themselves for combat (-1 copper battleaxe)

Hrodegr tans the slothskin, and the bearskin , then makes them into Sloth leather cloak and attempts to make a Slothbear leather rug but instead botches it horribly and cuts himself (-), trips over a rock, knocks over the table and ruins the slothbearskin completely (+1sloth leather cloak -1 slothbearskin 40$ -1 slothskin)

Cog Remains Idle

Ochita Idles

Moods
Revist
+Hrodegr -tired -wounded
++Ochita +idle
----Garul +++ Lazy day and made an acquaintance
---Nanothnir
+++++Nirur +satisfied at work -Tired
--Azurist
-Adwarf
Cheddarius +meat +feast +extra beer
Cog +idle +satisfied at work
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:41:42 pm by Hastur »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 25, 2010, 04:37:39 pm »

A Room Update for end of day 25

Underground Rooms

Entrance Hallway
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Masonry Room

Stock Room 5x5

Urist Bedroom 3x3

Cheddarius bedroom 3x3

Eral Bedroom 3x3

Hrodegr bedroom 1x3,+1

Garul Bedroom 3x3

Ochitas Smoothed Office 5x3

Ochita Smoothed Bedroom 3x3

Nanothnirs Bedroom 3x2

Lower Hospital

Underground Farm to be Room 11x5

Outside

Tower 1 basement room

Tower 1 groundfloor room

Tower 2 basement

Trade Depot

Hut/bunker/cabin

Wood Burnery
Smeltery
Smithery

butchery workshop
tanners workshop
leatherworkers workshop
stonecrafter workshop

carpentry workshop

EDIT: updated food for end of week, and drink.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:36:17 pm by Hastur »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 25, 2010, 04:54:17 pm »

I'm pretty sure there's a tower 2 basement, even if there is no tower 2. Yet.

I request a crossbow, please. If not, I'll just make one myself and deprive a smith of XP.

8 hours spent making stone tools for blacksmithing
8 hours standing guard
8 hours sleeping and eating

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 25, 2010, 05:10:51 pm »

I'll check my traps and use the rest of the day to expand the cabin.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 25, 2010, 07:14:10 pm »

Day 25/Spring day 1 late evening...

Adwarf, Revist, and Azurist head off to hunt for what they think are goblins out about and around the camp. They hike for a few hours, it is hard hiking and they are covered in mud and thoroughly wet before long. They arrive in the area sucesfully, these warriors have good endurance, and are not fatuiged from their rough journey. They scan the area, staying low and peering far. Their senses however are not so keen as their opponents, and the dwarves are spotted first. Scrambling to their hooves from their burnt out campfire, they gather their weaponry and arm themselves before fanning out and sneaking through the undergrowth towards the dwarves. Adwarf scans the area while approaching slowly, he sees mirky woods all around. Small animals in the trees, the winds ruffles the leaves on the trees and everything that can be seen through the remaining whisps of mist are a shade of green or brown. Revist spots one first "There! low behind the gnarled willow treeroots." Revist Levels his crossbow at the creature, Its is a wicked looking goat-man with the lower body of a goat the relatively bare torso of a human and the antlered head of a goat. It is adorned with various bone crafts, and it weilds a small wicker shield with javelins held in the same hand. Revist and the Foul goat-man look at each other and Revist Fires his bolt, but the goatman dives down low, below the bolt just barely in time, the bolt piercing his wicker shield with ease.

Battle mode engage!

The other Goatmen rush out from out of their cover and charge closer, they move quickly and nimbly, hopping and skipping more than running. There are 6 in all. and they are armed with a dart thrower, an obsidian edged 2 handed weapon, a shield and spear, javelins and shield, and one with an obsidian sword and shield,  and one with stone maces

Adwarf aims as they charge in...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 25, 2010, 07:20:17 pm »

Could someone mine out some more copper so I can finish my armor?

Cheddarius makes a wooden crossbow for eight hours.
Cheddarius crafts bone bolts for eight hours.
Cheddarius eats fish and drinks swamp whiskey and sleeps for eight hours.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:25:16 pm by Cheddarius »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 25, 2010, 07:24:32 pm »

the bestplates dont require additional copper to finish , just more work. ALso there is iron ore available.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 25, 2010, 07:25:18 pm »

I nominate myself as CoTG.

I propose that everyone spend at least one 8-hour shift every other day on guard duty until we get a more permanent military, so that we always have somebody on watch.

For my part, I'll first improve our forge, then improve our fortifications, starting with blocking off the stairway. I heard some ominous sounds emanating from the depths.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 25, 2010, 07:25:53 pm »

Oh, all right.
How do I make steel? Does "stone" count as flux?

I don't think we need that many guards. It would take up massive quantities of labor. How about I just work on arming the populace with crossbows and axes, and we can try to take on any dangers as they come?

Of course, a lot of people aren't really doing anything, so any extra time can be spent guarding...

We need to deal with food, too. We have a lot of it, but we don't have a dedicated hunter or anything. Labs is helping, but I think we need more.

Cheddarius makes a wooden crossbow for eight hours.
Cheddarius works on his copper armor for eight hours.
Cheddarius eats fish and drinks swamp whiskey and sleeps for eight hours.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:29:06 pm by Cheddarius »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 25, 2010, 07:27:11 pm »

Ya know, I have never made steel in my fortresses i always made do with Iron armor, so i am not shure, doesint it require limestone? i am looking this up in dwarf fort wiki

Edit: ok I looked it up, It will require Light stone. After consulting with the miners, Light stone can usualy be found only in sedimentary layers, So to find some would require digging under the swamp as opposed to under the mountain. Unless you dig down and hope for a metamorphic layer of rock. Ps you guys have struck obsidian already early in the game BTW
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:37:33 pm by Hastur »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 25, 2010, 08:00:37 pm »

We may not need many guards, but I think it would be better to have one person on watch duty and with a weapon ready at all times.
I'd forgotten about our lack of a dedicated food person. We may need to trade for food, or something equally distasteful.

Quote from: Poll
Nirur Torir, The Mason, Stoneworker, Record Keeper, and Nominee!
I forfeit the Record Keeper position. If this changes the votes on me, so be it, but it was sapping the fun out of the game for me.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 25, 2010, 08:08:57 pm »

Yeah. I definitely think that would be a good advantage. Still, I don't think I can be on watch, I need to pump out weapons and armour so that our watchmen can be more effective, right? You're doing a lot of important stuff too. How about, say, Adwarf, Garul, or Ochita? They can each take 1 shift per day.

I can make stone crafts, if trading becomes necessary.

We do have some plants planted. Do we have a farmer? I can farm if it really becomes a problem.

Can someone try to dig for light stone? Also, can anyone farm, or hunt?
What does the Record Keeper position entail?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46