yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34581 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2010, 12:45:42 am »

Thank you hastur.

8 hours finishing the remaining traps he had planned.
8 Resting
8 eating, drinking, and idling while pondering defense concepts.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 17, 2010, 12:48:08 am »

anyone know how to make a good map? using my camera on my graph paper doesent work too well, and I tried a program nirur mentioned Asciidraw but i dont know how to use it to make dwarf fort like maps? Anyone know of a DF map maker?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2010, 12:56:31 am »

Open MMPaint.
Make a small Grid with the thin lines. Copy paste and expand untill you have a large sheet of Graph.
Now use Paint Fill and bobs your uncle. Using the Paintbrush Square as the size of the actual Tile with a boarder outside of it helps too. By filling the are in Black, get the Square Brush and punch a couple of White Squares then copy paste expand repeat...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2010, 01:31:57 am »

I DID IT , WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FREINDS

top grey block is the tower being built, red blocks are workshops, butcher tanner leatherworks stonecrafters and carpenters. Big grey block with brown in it is the depot with the wagon in it. and the other brown block is the cabin/bunker place.

NOTE: there is suddenly more space outside because i dont know how to undo the mountain line.

West is the swamp, NW is a murky pool, the side of the volcano is on the right side of the black line, and the ground is muddy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:35:42 am by Hastur »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2010, 01:47:42 am »

Wheres my Farms Bitch?  ;D
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2010, 02:09:55 am »

it would be the long room southmost, 5 wide, 11 deep

also, the setup for the traps, will be a 2x2 style. to span the entry way with two layers.

Also, the roster of dwarves is no longer up to date
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:17:14 am by Riversand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2010, 02:20:12 am »

Outside Farms...

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2010, 02:43:49 am »

Night 22...

2 torches are consumed.

Azurist and Nirur stand guard. The chill night wind blows from the west. At first the night is uneventful, but a pack of Houndeye's wanders in. At first they are not seen, despite Nirurs vantage point. They eat a little of the crops, jsut enough to start making some sounds and draw attention. Nirrur motions to Azurist who approaches on the ground and Nirrur holds up his torch to shed some light. he shoulders the borrowed crossbow and lines up a shot. despite zero skill in the crossbow, his fine coordination is without peer, and his steady hand guides a bolt straight through one of the three houndlike creatures.

The beasts Flourescent innards spray out in a circle as it is torn open and deflates into a pile of sludgy skin. The creatures run around a bit in a panic before spotting Azurist creeping low through the young shoots of the crops. They charge, hopping between the plants and surrounding the hammerdwarf. But Azurist strikes first! He swings his hammer true, and catches one of the hounds mid-skip. its bloated fluid filled body absorbs the impact and sends it hurtling against the tower wall. It exploders in a rain of green glowing gore! Some of the crop is coated with slime and begins to wither.

The remaining two creatures pounce at Azurist while his back is turned, He turns to face one as it bodyslams him but to no effect, however its hollow quills dig in and anchor into his skin! They stick out of his neck and torso! The Creature hands off of him barely touching the ground! The second Houndeye collides into his legs striking him behind the knees, nearly knocking him down, but he is far too strong even for such sneaky tactics. The quills stick in deep and painfully.

Nirur finishes reloading and aims down at the houndeyes, firing immediatly. The bolt skewers the one near his legs, and it pops open- its innards going splat all over the surrounding area.

Azurist feels woozy, he violently shoves the critter away, but it slides off the limply hanging creature. The creature drains nourishing blood from the anchored in quills! Azurist feels faint! but he grabs the creature and throws it off, tearing peices of skin off with it! He picks his hammer back up and clumsily charges in to smash it as it gets up. basically exploding it.

Azurist losses quite a bit of blood and feels weak and tired.

The rest of the night is also eventfull. Nirur sees a bonfire blaze on the steep slope of the volcano. He squints and peers trying to see but it is too far, but he thinks there are some figuires dancing around the flame. The flame dies out after a while, but a rockslide takes place soon thereafter. Rocks pour down the mountainside and nearly cover the fortress entrance, The tremendous noise interrupts everybodys sleep, and the loose rock tramples any supplies left along the mountainside. Including Cogs tent.

Day 23 Approaches

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2010, 02:47:39 am »

OH bugger. From the hallway I spend 18 hours digging to for a large empty space with some rock pillars to keep the ceiling stable
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2010, 08:53:36 am »

8 hours sleeping (morning)
8 hours make a stone lathe, so that better arrows may be made.
8 hours standing night watch with a crossbow on my tower.

As one of the two most popular candidates for expedition leader, I issue a call too arms: One person standing watch every 8 hour section of the day, and two at night.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2010, 09:15:49 am »

After hearing Nirur's Announcement he trudges into the fields mumbling to himself, "......... So will I get any praise for Staying up as much as I did, by myself, looking after you lot the best I could. Collapsing from lack of sleep, trying to keep you all fed at the same time......"

8hrs Tending to both the Above Ground and Below Ground Farms - Above Ground, setting up some sort of fence around the area, Belowground, trying to work out how to irrigate the area, talk to a miner about it.
6hrs Resting and Eating, 2hrs Arrow making.
8hrs Sleeping.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2010, 10:44:40 am »

In order shifts are

8Hours Butchuring and making totems
8 Hours sleeping
8 Hours Resting and keeping watch (Crossbow in hand)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2010, 12:02:50 am »

First my tunic, and now my hat? I'm beginning to suspect you're conspiring to render my dwarf naked before the end of the month. At least do me a courtesy and let me keep my beard. :p

16 Hours - Resting and eating. If possible, some doctoring too, just in case any quills are still stuck in my neck or in the slim chance they were poisonous.
8 Hours - Guard duty.

I also propose that the warriors among us climb the mountain tomorrow and properly assess the fire imp threat on our flank. Perhaps, if they're low enough in numbers, we could kill them all before they lose their urge to boogie down and decide to send more than a few loose rocks hurtling towards our fort.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 01:00:31 am by Azure Sepulchre »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2010, 08:39:45 am »

Wolfchild gets morning watch. (Only one crossbow, and I already claimed it. HP was my dump stat.)
Azure gets evening watch.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2010, 07:42:20 pm »

i came with a crossbow
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46