yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34501 times)

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2010, 11:29:59 pm »

Haha, no, I don't quite get how this is going to work but after watching for a bit I think I could get it.
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 11:31:07 pm »

Yes thats right Nevyn you are now in game yay!

the seventh dwarf twirls her bushy elegant eyebrows. "Yep, first things first" she lights up a torch to keep the gnats at bay and sets up a tent. She pounds her stakes in with a hammer and starts fishing through the wagon for a bottle of beer or two.

(first 8 hour shift setting up camp and resting, next one sleeping, next one staying up at night as guard) EDIT( just to be clear the npc is doing these 3 things for her 3 shifts. I encourage the rest of you to dig or start harvesting raw materials and building up some stores and then crafting for your time. REMEMBER you get 3 shifts of 8 hours each per day)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:59:31 pm by Hastur »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2010, 11:38:01 pm »

Yay

Now to buy some stuff...
Wait, um Say for example such and such has a Shovel that he don't use
Am I able to steal it, Um I mean borrow it???
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:40:03 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 11:42:13 pm »

you can do what you want, if noone stops you or gets angry then there is no qonsequence

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 11:56:24 pm »

Fracking gnats...
"I guess I will set up my quarters, since that's all we seem to have time for."
He reached into the wagon and fishes out a torch. He walks over to a nice spot and pounds it into the ground, and lights it from the other torch.  He sets up both of his tents right next to each other; one for him and his stuff, and one for the temporary hospital.  He grabs some hardtack, his kitten, and his wine and kicks back in his tent.
"Anyone gotta pipe?"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 12:17:00 am »

REMEMBER you get 3 shifts of 8 hours each per day just tell me what you do for each 8 hours

here is a crude drawing of the immediate area   http://yfrog.com/afdsci1107j

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2010, 12:40:20 am »

Unlit Torch set between his teeth he scoops on of the Shovels out of the wagon before turning around and half announcing to the group in a rushed way as if not expecting a reply, "Anyone need this??? No??? Well if you change your mind, just call..." He also filled on of the Wineskins he had brought with him from a Bottle that was lying near the shovel, not all of it but just enough to half fill it, one or two drinks perhaps...

Trudging through the mud he lit his torch on the one that had been staked into the ground before setting off to collect some of the plants evident on the surface. A simple Hatchet attached to his belt that he used between collection of plants to gather some wood from the low lying braches of the trees nearby. Though he did not stray far from camp...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 02:28:57 am »

Eral Dummutusung

Woodcutter(3)
Axeman (2)
Intimidator (2)
Shield user (2)
Biter (2)
Kicker (2)
Butcher (2)

Strength (+4)
toughness (+4)
endurance (+4)
health (+3)
fine coordination
gross agility
perception (-1)
Intellect  (-1)
willpower (-1)
charisma (-2)

Axe 50
medium shield 60
10 bottles of beer  60
Personal basics - 5
Group basics - 50
commoner clothes 120
Female Wardog 200
10 Weeks of plump helmets - 150
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 02:31:37 am »

What about migrants? Bagsing a migrant if there are any.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 11:43:47 am »

8 hours setting up personal campsite and looking for any medicinal herbs.  Then I smoke and eat and pet the kitten for 8 hours, and sleep for the other 8.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 12:04:52 pm »

16 hours setting up camp and then mining an corridor into the volcano. after the corridor I make a room that can hold our food supplys. I spend the last 8 hours tending to my needs and then sleep. Time for work, how abot putting our food in my 20 dwarf tent?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 12:21:43 pm »

8 hours setting up camp and resting/eating. 8 hours digging a future basement near the entrance to the soon-to-be-dug corridor into the volcano (with an internal ramp), and 8 hours sleeping.

I intend to create a pair of guard towers outside our fortress entrance.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 12:32:14 pm »

If I accepted:

8 hours cut trees
8 hours rest
8 hours sleep
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 01:05:03 pm »

Ok ukranian you are the 7th dwarf, and replace the 7th dwarf that I was playing. however you are female for consistencies sake, but you getsome free leather armour.\

Migrants will arrive, sillhouette you can bring the anvil in about one season.

Doc searches for medicinal herbs, but without herbalism he cannot tell what does what. He gathers the local variety though and he could always start experimenting and decucing the effects. Later he gains 2 happy thoughts from good weed and good pussy(cat)

Nanothnir (nevyn) Spends a shift gathering seeds and plants from the area. it is a learning process but he gathers 5 days worth of bloated tubers from the swampside, and gathers 13 units of low quality wood from scattered branches and roots in the area during his second shift he learns a thing or two about cutting wood.

Nirur digs 8 squares into the mountain. His great strength helps, chugging gritty swamp water he works his full shift, but his technique is poor and he feels the soreness in his bones.

Ochida Diggs relentlessly digging 24 squares into the mountain and producing 24 rock for the stockpile. He is limited by his fatigue however and the grimy swampwater does not help. Near the end of his work he hits a fragile rock sloppily and showers himself in exploding rock bits, but his experience allows him to shield his eyes from harm.

Eral (Ukranian): In high spirits he goes out with his axe and cuts 26 units of wood of good quality, felling one of the droopy melancholic willows near the swamp. satisfied with his work he returns to camp to recuperate.

The other dwarves remain Idle, huddling for warmth in the wagon and talking amongst themselves about grandiose plans for the fortress.

just before turning in his last bundle of wood, Nanothnir gathers up one last root, but it is stubborn and refuses to come free. Wielding his hatchet  he chops the pesky bugger out of the ground, but fatuige from a long day makes him clumsy, and he chops through the root and into his own shin.

Doc's cat jumps off his lap at the sound of an angry grunt of injury. In sight, by the swampside, Nanothnir clutches a wound to his shin and takes a peek or two at it.

Moods
Doc ++ from smoking and pet.
Nanothnir -- from injury and fatuigue
Nirur - from pain and inflamed joints - from bad water
Ochita - from bad water + from being satisfied at work today
Eral + from being satisfied at work today - from fatuigue

EDIT: The corridor and room and basement is completed, although the ramp down is crude and dangerous to cross.
Day 2 approaches...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:21:24 pm by Hastur »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 01:16:36 pm »

I repeat what i did last time
16 hours digging out a room that can hold our food supplys. I spend the last 8 hours tending to my needs and then sleep.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46