yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34571 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2010, 08:13:11 pm »

8 Hours - Quaff beer while I pretend to be interested in what people are saying.
8 Hours - Dig myself out a small bedroom, 3 x 2, and toss all my stuff in there (including the anvil); preferably somewhere isolated from the other rooms.
8 Hours - Follow any directions Nirur (or anyone else) has for building the underground farm.

http://yfrog.com/2mdsci1113j   This is my map so far lol

There is a stone reinforced cabin, a trade depot, a stocks room, a masons room and 6 completed bedrooms and a mineshaft that leads down to the hospital. Ochita, Urist Doc and Eral sleep in the mountain, and cogs and neyvn sleep outside in shelters against the mountain, Nirur sleeps in the basement and i guess i messed up where the tables and chairs were somehow, no matter they can be moved easily.

Hmm... might try and make a DF map later based on that. Depends on if I have the free time or not. Unless anyone else plans to?

hehe its a mess, there are actually large bedrooms but no wooden beds, and nearly all the workshops are outside, the only place they will fit.

A:any of the original dwarves who didnt gain a skillpoint in the last 2 days gains a skillpoint now. they can put it into any skill that they have practiced.

A:dogs take a year to mature.

Also im fine its jsut hot here and i ran out of focus before finishing my post

Also neyvn was ok to post , it allowed him to squeeze into the update, although i would prefer him to use 3 shifts of 8 hours
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:27:25 pm by Hastur »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2010, 09:02:06 pm »

8 hours rest, 8 hours eating/relaxation, 8 hours hunting

Also give the sweetpod seeds to the farmer
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:26:20 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 12, 2010, 12:22:27 am »

It is actually 3 shifts of 8 Hours, just that I broke the shifts into an extra bit of work. Mainly Having a simple job mixed with a Major job (ie 1-2 Hrs Singing, 6hrs Dancing)...

If that really is too much then ok...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 12, 2010, 01:49:59 am »

24 hours of drawing a plan of the fortress
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 12, 2010, 02:02:43 am »

16 hours train kicking with anyone willing (or with a wall of the tower)
8 hours sleeping
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 12, 2010, 02:55:02 am »

8 hours- assisting with digging
8 hours- building four traps in the fortress doorway, weapon traps, single spike each. copper mechanisms
8 hours- rest
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 03:00:13 am by Riversand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 12, 2010, 04:39:04 am »

6hrs of Aiding in the Design of the underground Farms/Looking for new sleeping Quarters (There will be Arguments). 2hrs checking on the fields...

6hrs Rest and Relaxation. 2hrs of Arrowmaking during break...

8hrs of Sleep...

Request/Demand a Rotation of Night Guard, lack of Assistance is draining the soul. If none is Given, Extra Night Duty will be taken...
Request that the UG Farms be segregated to Plant Variety, separated from each other yet allowing space to expand. Perhaps over multiple levels...
Request for a Quern to be crafted for prep of WhipVine Flour...
Request for a Wall to begun to be built. Gate House is needed...
Level Up Wood Crafting Skill (Arrow Making)...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:48:58 pm by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 12, 2010, 08:54:00 am »

I'll get to work on a wall after the tower is two stories tall. It might only be a partial wall, but I think anyone climbing around on a steep slope to get behind it would be fairly easy to kill with arrows.

8 hours improving level two of the tower's second story
8 hours sleeping and eating (daytime)
8 hours night watch on top of tower 1, with a crossbow.

Plans for level 2 of the tower. Arrow slits all around, except for the slot for a ballista in the south wall. The arrow slits should be just high enough that a dwarf can duck under them moving higher up.
Code: [Select]
0╪╪╪╪╪0
╫+++++╫
╫+++++╫
╫+++++╫
╫▼+++▲╫
0╪╪╬╪╪0

----------

Spoiler: Day 21-22 stocks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unknowns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traps (click to show/hide)

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 12, 2010, 12:57:44 pm »

...my tunic. :'(

8 Hours - Setting up a tent outside (away from the damn cave slime), then sleep for as long as possible within the 8 hours allotted.
6 Hours - Hunting for the little bastard that destroyed my lovely tunic; torch in one hand, hammer in the other.
2 Hours - Sleep some more.
8 Hours - Sharing the guard shift. I'll also take this opportunity to eat.

I also request a new tunic, plz, if anyone can make one.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 15, 2010, 01:55:22 am »

Three days +, no further progress it seems. i do very much hope this continues soon.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

magwebster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 15, 2010, 03:14:27 am »

DELEBERTED
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:05:05 am by magwebster »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 16, 2010, 02:10:29 pm »

sorry im back, I'll be here all day for like another 13 hours at home. my mood varies, , true story. Master Procrastinator!

Day 22...
Everyone wakes up grumpier after the gnats and incessant minging during the night.

Azurist moves his tent and sleeps during the day outside. But with so many workshops outside, the noise during the day makes it very difficult-. Later he finally gets up and goes hunting for the little varmit that done in his tunic. He suspiciously stalks the halls, drawing raised eyebrows from everyone. Finally he encounters the slime. Only he does not know it yet, his weak perception fails him and the slime drops from the cieling onto his head just as he passes the doorway. His cloth cap is nearly instantly turned to ribbons, and his full head of hair is scorched off. Azurist runs in a circle close to panic, and swings his head as hard as he can, soon bashing it against the wall. he is a little dizzy and has fallen down, but the slime is off his head and across the room. Seizing the initiative he grabs his hammer and flattens the slime. Before the slime can recongeal even closer to him, Azurist reaches for the torch and applies it directly to the slime. It lets out a little hiss it seems as it recoils and evaporates quickly. Leaving only a rank stench behind. he grunts and takes a nap before guard duty.

Nirur  finishes the floor of the tower second floor. he uses up 16 rock. And begins part of the second story wall. he sleeps during the day, with everyone working above his chosen bedroom, luckily the construction is tight and he can sleep well. Then stands guard.

Nanothnir micromanages the digging, and spots a suitable room to drag his bedframe to. He now sleeps in the deepest room of the fort.

Garul slaps together 2 deadly spike traps into place, ready to pierce somebodys nether regions. He loiters nearby just to inform everyone of the newly placed traps locations. With his help, Doc manages to mine quite a bit extra, hauling loose dirt out the the way speeds up his otherwise meager digging skills.

Ochita draws all day onto a tablet and...HE FINISHES HEALS UP, he is sore, but he can move around and work and is back on his feet.

Doc digs, with Garul, and Nanothnir assisting behind him. The Farm room is finished in 2 shifts, it is pretty big. 5 by 11 squares large.

Hrodegr Takes one leather and turns it into one suede duster, he surprises Azurist with it and throws it over his singed head. later he picks up his shield and helps Eral practice her kicking while he practices blocking. zzz

Revist goes out hunting, he traverses the destroyed area and encounters a pack of strange quarupedal creatures. They hop to and fro, with eyes set directly into their greenish torsos, and spines run out of their backs. Revist spots them first, and avoids them entirely, their clammy bare hides dont look like good eating. He next finds a simple groundhog and shoots it. Very easy, and returns one groundhog corpse. The area seems to have more abberant horrors and zombie sea creatures than real animals so he considers himself lucky.

MOODS
--Revist +satisfied at work\
--Hrodegr +satisfieing sparring session -tired +double rations
--Doc -tired +satisfied at work
+++Ochita +rested and recouperated, Ochita is overjoyed
-----Garul - tired from double shift +Satisfied at work
----Nanothnir
+++Nirur +Satisfied at work
--Azurist -bad sleep -mildly injured +killed a varmit

Night Aproaches...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:31:25 am by Hastur »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:34 pm »

hastur, the traps are constructed on site i would believe, for stationary ones. not in a workshop. the mechanisms are made in the shop, and i would think portable traps too.

and i had already made a mechanics shop for the one stone mechanism set i made, so there is a definite error in my actions
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:21:45 pm by Riversand »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2010, 10:00:02 pm »

woops i'll fix it

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 16, 2010, 11:30:10 pm »

One line........ Ok then...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46