yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34568 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #255 on: July 03, 2010, 11:56:35 pm »

MEANWHILE...NOT FAR AWAY

Azurist, Garul, Hrodegr, and Revist; Run through The tangled undergrowth. The shrubs cling at their clothing and the low branches seem to reach for their feet as they flee through the forest. They speedily leap from root to exposed root as they weave their way through the trees towards their salvation, the roots being the most trustworthy ground despite their slickness. Azurist lands into a small puddle that turns out to be a deep bog and begins sliding in deep before he pulls himself up by a branch with pure upper body strength, not even dropping the anvil hoisted over his shoulder. Revist runs butt naked leading the way now, but he leaps over some brambles and gets his backpack caught from overhead, and nearly is pulled off his feet by the springiness of the branch, but he is steadied by garul as he passes by. Hrodegr is the slowest and his large mass brings up the rear, with an arrow or two stuck in the shield on his back.

"Just keep along the swampline! I saw the edge of the volcano at the last clearing!" Screaming arrows fly short distances and the occasional glimpse of their persuers can be seen nearly overtaking them from the side. They are faster, and travel with great leaps and strides, occasionaly swinging from a sturdy branch with great agility. They might catch up if they were not seemingly preoccupied with playing their damnable flutes, laughing and reloading their bows. Fighting them is useless, they retreat and harrass, only ranged weapons can reach them and that is a losing proposition with only one crossbow. They are horrible goat-men and they have stalked the group for a few days now but only chased them since last night, when they snuck in and stole Revist's clothes as he lay sleeping, and struck Hrodger in the nose with a feathered wand as he came out of his tent and then ran away before the dwarves could retaliate! In any case their map said they were almost there, its just a matter of finding the mighty double doors, tall walls and mountain bunkerholds full of ballistae that are shure to greet them? right?

... But instead they find a camp, not even in the mounatin yet lol
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 04, 2010, 05:15:51 am »

will be interesting to see what will happen when we arrive.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2010, 02:52:07 am »

I hope everyone from the US had a good fourth of July, and that we get this going again.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2010, 03:01:02 am »

oh yea it is thier holiday, while here in aus all im worried about is the uni inter semester break
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2010, 03:11:41 am »

cool.

I myself am a US citizen. had a good round of fireworks.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2010, 03:53:59 am »

now can we has turn pls

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2010, 11:33:50 am »

cool.

I myself am a US citizen. had a good round of fireworks.
This.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2010, 12:50:40 pm »

Figured i'd have actions by now.

Ok day 20 go! if you need some fluff then..

Day 20 so far...
The fortress is gathered in Nirurs dining hall for mornings breakfast,  some sit, some stand and they rummage through the remaining plump helemets the eat the juiciest ones. They hardly even look at each other and nobody has yet broken the silence, The sun is out today, and vapor can be seen rising off the swamp and its muddybanks, even the volcano peak is visible, it has a little poof of smoke trail rising up too.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2010, 01:10:28 pm »

I build the first floor of the tower I'm sleeping  in.

16 hours spent building, making more blocks if I run out.
8 hours eating and sleeping.

Code: [Select]
0==╬==D
|+++++|
|+++++|
|+++++|
|▲+++▼|
0=====0
Future levels will have arrow-slits and ballista-slits. I'd like to eventually form a kill-zone in front of the fortress.
We can fire ballista at higher/lower z-levels, right?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:40:46 pm by Nirur Torir »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2010, 01:29:23 pm »

I wake up and grabbing a notebook I draw plans
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2010, 06:05:56 pm »

do i do my acion yet or am i still coming?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2010, 06:22:10 pm »

4hrs Drawing/discussing simple plans to the Miners and Builders on what he wishes for an Underground Farm.
4hrs cultivating the field, planting Whipvines if there is any.
6hrs resting.
2hrs Practicing with the bow.
3hrs Guard Duty.
5hrs Sleep.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2010, 09:59:44 pm »

8 hrs sleep
8 rest/consume
8 herbalism

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2010, 09:24:18 am »

6 hours - deforestation
2 hour - socializing
8 hours rest
8 hours sleep
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2010, 12:15:59 pm »

I'll do my best to build a comfortable bed for my cabin. Then make an animal trap.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46