yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34540 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2010, 09:59:38 pm »

8 hours of fashioning himself a weapon
4-Rest
8-Sleep, Eat/Drink
2-Keep watch
2-brew muck root but not all of them

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2010, 12:20:33 am »

Day 6

Urist/Org Brews some more muck roots into swamp whiskey, making 20 units of whiskey from 2 weeks of muck roots, It is harsh stuff fit to grow more beard on any dwarf, but there is no such thing as bad booze. He also fashions himself a makeshift weapon by taking a branch and fitting a oblong rock onto the end, making a makeshift mace, his armoury skills are lacking, but it'll cave in bones, though striking anything harder and its likely to break.

Nirur finishes linning the walls of basment of the tower-to-be with blocks. They fit snugly, and no vermin or water can find a crack, if only it had a hatch and floor. he uses up the last 4 blocks.

Nanothnir sows muck root seeds into the tilled mud, planting 16 days worth of muck root, harvestable at the end of the end of the season. he also rests, casually making some arrows at the same time, his nimble fingers craft 10 arrows without much effort at all.

Eral gather 12 more units of wood, crashing a few more trees down to the ground. Hidden in in one of the branches is an iron axe/mattock weapon, the iron was lodged firmly in a branchwound and the tree healed solidly around it. it can be used as a weapon or to dig in dirt but not rock, it is of pretty rugged construction. She chops it free and adds it to the communal stocks for the time being. She makes 2 torches out of 2 units of wood, reeds, and some of the sloth animal fat.

Ochita digs 8 more squares into the rock and frees 8 more stone for the stockpile. Now 4 of the rough bedrooms are complete. After a break and some socializing + he makes official some official aquaintances. He returns for a double shift, and his endurance is too great to become tired from work yet, but it is still a long day- . but hard sucessfull work brings satisfaction to any dwarf+. Finally he collapses late, but the sleepiness gets to him the next next morning -. Digs out 6more stone. 4 of the rough rooms are complete.

Cogs and the Doc do some light hauling with the wheelbarrow, and pile the wood into the spare space in the wagon, but it is generally considered that they spent more time idle gratifying their own desires than anything else+ (dont worry a good mood makes it easier to pull double shift tommorow :)
)

Moods:
--Urist; +made a new aquisition today.
Nirur; +satisfied by work
+++Nanothnir ; +satisfied at work, he is in an elevated mood, eager to accomplish much.
-Eral; +made a new aquisition today
--Ochita; +socialized -double shift +satisfact -sleepy
++++Doc and +++Cog +[/i][/i]

The end of the week approaches...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:51:08 am by Hastur »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2010, 01:29:52 am »

EVENT, DAY 7 The morning is cold and foggy, the dwarves get up one by one, Doc notices a form approaching through the mist. "gather up lad's, we got company." Everyone seizes their weapons as a Sloth/bear draws near, sniffing at the ground and heading straight for the makeshift outdoor still. Its shaggy fur is black, its bare muzzle and curved claws are white, its ear are wide and floppy, it weights at least 250 lbs and is nearly six and a half feet long. Eral's wardog growls and barks, Eral tries to prevent it from provoking the bear immediatly, but without any skill at animal training he must rely on their developed connection. The wardog remains back, but is tensed to attack at the slightest provacation. Everyone else stands ready and the Sloth/bear draws near...

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 09:23:55 pm by Hastur »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2010, 02:23:06 am »

I suggest an all-out attack.

1) It's a lot of resources... Two butchers can quickly extract everything. Meat for food, bones for arrows and other things, hide to sleep more comfortably
2) Doc needs some real work :)
3) Combat experience

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2010, 05:08:16 am »

I suggest an all-out attack.

1) IT'S HEADED FOR THE STILL!!!!
Fixed that for you.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2010, 06:16:10 am »

I intend to get behind it, climb up it and then stab the head
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2010, 06:52:15 am »

Well, Eral's tactic is much simplier:    Scream war cry and CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!! 

Hmmm..... She is the only one with combat skills.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2010, 08:16:03 am »

FOR THE BEER!!!
CHARGE
KEEP MY DOG BACK

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2010, 12:09:15 pm »

BATTLE MODE: some of your options are to cower, cautious attack, bold attack, and recklessness. these affect your chance to hit and defend. describe your actions and I might apply pluses or minuses to suceed.

Eral and Urist move to face off with the bear, while the rest move around to flank. The bear charges and Eral  leaps forward and swings as it comes in, but the bear overruns her riseing up and bearing down on her. She raises her shield at the last moment and is pinned beneath it with the bears weight on top. her axeblow cuts through the bears shoulder as it comes down, slashing through fur muscle and deep and a bone or two with her might. Urist swings the mace, striking the bear in the arm and bruising bone muscle and fat.

The bear is enraged, and recklessly bites down, striking the shield and tearing a corner off it, Its right paw winds up and claws below the shield, Eral bearly kicks her leg up, preventing her from being disembowled, but the ragged claws plunge into her outer hip! The bear bleeds profusely. Urist grips the stone mace by both hands and swings boldly and the bear, but the shot glances off its thick hide with a minimum of damage. Eral swings at it, but is unable to get a good shot at this distance, so she benches the shield and the bear up off her a ways and kicks the bear in the groin with her short legs. RAAAAAAAWRRR!!!.The bear is in pain. The rest of the dwarves are in position flanking the bear at a distance, and unleash a volley of missiles and the bear. A rock bounces off, an arrow sticks crookedly out of it side near the ribs, a flying hatchet cuts the leg and deflects off, and a thrown skillet crushes its ear and dings off the skull. Ochita leaps upon its back at this time with a hatchet in his teeth and a camp knife in his hand. He stabs the knife in ferociously near the spine! the knife bends and warps on the hard bone but Ochitas great strength drives it through, severing the spinal column! The bear looks pale and rolls to the side, knocking over the still and spilling a growing trail of whiskey into the firepit...

Everyone swings again at the wheezing, pallid bear. Eral not even bothering to get up before buring her axe in its belly. The bear looks up at Org with its tounge hanging out before he smashes its face. A few more blows put it to an end and the spilled whiskey reaches the fire and quickly runs up to the barrel of booze...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:47:11 pm by Hastur »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2010, 12:11:07 pm »

Go my name mixed up with org.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2010, 12:18:51 pm »

Oops yeah i had to post quick to hide my nerdiness and answer the door

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2010, 12:21:07 pm »

Swing for the face!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2010, 12:34:16 pm »

Hurl rocks! Also, my next actions include taking a double shift of fishing and eating and drinking while I do.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2010, 01:57:44 pm »

THE BOOZE! Throw mud at it
EDIT: Also Im badass  8)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 02:22:23 pm by Ochita »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2010, 05:09:55 pm »

Fire arrows at a speed that would make an elf jealous. Aim for its armpit area (main body but the where the arms are joined) before firing some at its throat...

Always shooting whenever a Dwarf or Dog is clear of the shot...

Moving backwards if he becomes the target...

Really mate, I know you want to keep it going, but give everyone time in things like this...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46