Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: People  (Read 3868 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: People
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 09:55:38 pm »

Stop taking showers, grow a beard, then foster friendships with tabletop wargamers.
Neckbeards give +1 with friendship skills.

Only if the other creature also has the Neckbeard subtype.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 09:56:16 pm »

Stop taking showers, grow a beard, then foster friendships with tabletop wargamers.

Or has a Cheeto Beard/Mustache

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 09:57:02 pm »

Or has a Cheeto Beard/Mustache

That's a generic +1 circumstance bonus. +1 at the tabletop, -1 everywhere else.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 07:17:39 am »

Somehow get a reputation for being odd but funny. I managed it thanks to the general election. Stood for the Monster Raving Loony party, wrote my own speech, won a huge landslide.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 09:09:09 am »

Somehow get a reputation for being odd but funny.

If you're going to do something like this, also start working out. Because someone's eventually going to try and kick your ass.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 04:41:59 am »

If you're going to do something like this, also start working out. Because someone's eventually going to try and kick your ass.
Luckily I live in the civilized world so I don't have to worry about that.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 12:26:00 pm »

High school, man. There was nothing civilized about that. It was, however, hilarious.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 03:25:19 pm »

High school, man. There was nothing civilized about that. It was, however, hilarious.
I didn't think American high schools were as dreadful as they are in the media. As far as I know, some kind of awful social apartheid exists.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2010, 05:50:10 pm »

I didn't think American high schools were as dreadful as they are in the media. As far as I know, some kind of awful social apartheid exists.
They aren't. In fact, the worst you'll encounter is a couple of potheads, a slut, and numerous clusters of people who hang out with each other. It's just like any other place.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 06:39:18 pm »

They aren't. In fact, the worst you'll encounter is a couple of potheads, a slut, numerous clusters of people who hang out with each other, and random fights. It's just like any other place.
you forgot that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 06:50:46 pm »

They aren't. In fact, the worst you'll encounter is a couple of potheads, a slut, and numerous clusters of people who hang out with each other. It's just like any other place.

Raging hormones, man. Raging hormones, the onset of puberty... Ahhh, high school.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 07:21:21 pm »

Hey look, I'm responding to the guy above me without directly quoting him. Insanity!

High school was really not that bad. If you're getting bullied, it's probably not because you're "the geek" or "the smart loser" or something ridiculous like that, but because you're digging yourself into a social hole, and not by accident. I knew plenty of guys that were awkward but really nice guys, and everyone liked them. Awkward does not equal being bullied. Now, if you say something really weird that isn't very nice, or try and be sarcastic and fail, thus insulting/creeping someone out, that's different - but it's also your fault. Generally speaking, if you just be a nice guy life ain't shabby.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 08:06:04 pm »

And of course, if someone starts bullying you for no reason, get a teacher, counselor, or even the principal involved.  I endured half a year of needless bullying because they intimidated me into not telling anybody, I still wish I had just man'd up and ran crying to my mommy.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2010, 09:36:44 pm »

If you tell everyone how wrong/stupid they are, and how great the things you like are, they won't like you, obviously. A large part of the problem is how you come off, not what you're into.

Bad idea ex: "Hip-hop is stupid, I listen to folk music, since it isn't deroggatory to women"--instant dislike
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2010, 10:03:41 pm »

Hey look, I'm responding to the guy above me without directly quoting him. Insanity!

High school was really not that bad. If you're getting bullied, it's probably not because you're "the geek" or "the smart loser" or something ridiculous like that, but because you're digging yourself into a social hole, and not by accident. I knew plenty of guys that were awkward but really nice guys, and everyone liked them. Awkward does not equal being bullied. Now, if you say something really weird that isn't very nice, or try and be sarcastic and fail, thus insulting/creeping someone out, that's different - but it's also your fault. Generally speaking, if you just be a nice guy life ain't shabby.

High school was one of the best periods of my life, although looking back on it objectively, I was kind of a prick. Of course, so were most of my friends. Birds of a feather get wasted together.
Pages: 1 2 [3]