Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: People  (Read 3883 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: People
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 05:55:22 pm »

Where exactly do you live anyway? Out in the suburbs? In a rural area?
Suburb-ish. near a pool/fitness center, and  a lot of other neighborhoods.
Map (used the pool as search term) Most everything is either east on or near Hull Street (which is usually full of traffic), or too far away to reasonably bike.

Are you reasonably fit? Go swimming. Meet chicks and dudes.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »

It's perfectly ok to be quiet and alone, but it's also ok to want to be more social.  Do you go to school or go to work?  Are you able to get in contact with old friends from school?  Try looking up clubs or organizations related to your interests.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 08:45:46 am by Euld »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 09:25:39 pm »

It's perfectly ok to be quiet and and alone, but it's also ok to want to be more social.  Do you go to school or go to work?  Are you able to get in contact with old friends from school?  Try looking up clubs or organizations related to your interests.
yeah. i just posted this here because its end-year.if it was like, october or something, it would've been fine.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 10:13:22 pm »

It's perfectly ok to be quiet and and alone

First time I've ever seen somebody say 'It's perfectly okay to be alone'.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 10:46:31 pm »

Sometimes the truth makes us uncomfortable, and sometimes we're made uncomfortable because it's bull.

Even your average forumite receives a lot of social interaction, with other forumites. Non-physical interaction is still social interaction.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 11:45:34 pm »

Even your average forumite receives a lot of social interaction, with other forumites. Non-physical interaction is still social interaction.

It's definetely true that the internet is used as a substitute for physical interaction.

I used to be much less sociable, but then I decided to just start getting out, through any means possible, for no reason whatsoever. See a pamphlet for a club that looks interesting? Join that shit! Hobby store with model painting every Thursday? Go for it! Local casual football team? Try out!

Everyone feels a little isolated sometimes, I mean everybody.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 07:14:27 am »

Oh, I know what it's like. I live in the richest neighborhood in town, about 2-3 kms from anywhere interesting (including parks) and cheap. My neighbors are mostly stuck up morally bankrupt snobs whose parents accept bribes. Can't stand a conversation with most of them. The ones who are good conversationalists are slightly crazy.

Car + girlfriend solved all that. But before that, it was just sitting at home with the Internet and looking forward to school. My siblings went a little crazy from the boredom and hooked up with the other bored crazy nice people in the neighborhood.

In the end, made all my best friends online (kids in the same class). Asked my first date out via the Internet (really hot half-arabian junior from school). Caught up school gossip and all through IRC. If you live in a rural neighborhood, start some online community for it. My school and the other nearby school had its own IRC chan at that time. Later I moved on to actually hanging out with them and walking home for an hour, but Internet's great for these things.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 08:50:10 am »

Friends and family harass me a lot about my apparent lack of social interaction, so I started believing that being a quiet and private person is perfectly normal.  When I want social interaction, I meet up with people, get my fix, then it's back to my little space under my rock.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 09:43:30 am »

Friends and family harass me a lot about my apparent lack of social interaction, so I started believing that being a quiet and private person is perfectly normal.  When I want social interaction, I meet up with people, get my fix, then it's back to my little space under my rock.

God, I get that all the time. Dammit, a lot of the people who bug you to interact with people are sheep. The kind who go around drinking or smoking for the sake of looking cool. There's nothing actually wrong with not interacting with people if you just don't feel like it
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 02:59:55 pm »

You can go out and drink for the sake of it being fun, especially with a mix of people you know and new ones.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 03:59:13 pm »

You can go out and drink for the sake of it being fun, especially with a mix of people you know and new ones.

And smoking isn't half bad, if you don't mind the health detriment.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 04:06:45 pm »

Do you honestly know anyone who smokes to be cool, especially over 18?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 05:26:58 pm »

Do you honestly know anyone who smokes to be cool, especially over 18?

Nope. We smoke because we enjoy it and/or are addicted to nicotine. Which is bad.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2010, 09:08:27 pm »

Stop taking showers, grow a beard, then foster friendships with tabletop wargamers.
Shoes...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 09:51:59 pm »

Stop taking showers, grow a beard, then foster friendships with tabletop wargamers.
Neckbeards give +1 with friendship skills.
Pages: 1 [2] 3