Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not surviving gen  (Read 530 times)

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not surviving gen
« on: June 02, 2010, 08:45:52 am »

what reasons could there be for my modded creature to not survive gen? it lives a very long time, and is very hard to kill..

Maybe I Just don't know how to check the population correctly? I'm filtering its name in legends, and using the exported txt files, but neither show it's name at all! I thought my badass monster would have some historic figures!  :'(

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Not surviving gen
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 09:01:44 am »

Legends can only filter by name, not by creature type, so it's a tad hard to find non-megabeasts. Try filtering for " the ", with the spaces. Is it a non-civilized critter? Check in the exported file *_sites_and_pops.txt whether it shows up there. If it's a cave creature, it won't have much interaction with the surface population, so no historical figures.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:14:01 am »

oh i see.. so legends is pretty useless for that then!
I tried the *_sites_and_pops.txt file, but theres no sign of it there either! does that mean it doesn't exist or that is hadn't survived?

In the arena it works fine.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 09:20:35 am »

In that case, it probably hasn't been placed. Some possible causes...
Does the creature have a biome, the LARGE_ROAMING tag, and the LARGE_PREDATOR tag?
If the creature is in its own file, does that file have the correct header?

creature_blah <<the file name without txt

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

If it does, is the file named in the format creature_xxx.txt?
Does the error log say anything about the creature?

If none of that helps, or there is an error log, it would be best to post the raws.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:56:06 am »

ok, I had a few errors in the log that i've now cleaned up.. how do I set it to appear everywhere in the world, because I havn't set a biome..
also, it's just tagged on the end of standard creatures, so not in it's own file!

I was using tags such as nobleed, which doesn't seem to work in 2010.. I'm not sure these would have effected appearances though!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 11:18:25 am »

[BIOME:ANY_LAND]
should do the trick.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 05:48:34 am »

Works like a charm! I can't beleive I forgot a biome! being new, I just assumed no biome meant no PREFERRED biome! and would just wonder around everywhere!