Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: All these attacks are passing through! I need some help.  (Read 1356 times)

Imagamer45

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
All these attacks are passing through! I need some help.
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:04:10 pm »

So I decided to make a civ creature, basing the creature and copying some data off the werewolf. I just went to the Object Testing Arena to test him, and set him up to fight something. Now whenever the poor thing attempts an attack, it says "...but the attack passes right through!" Is this thing made of air?

Here's his data.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've a feeling this is because I deleted that tissue and body detail stuff. If that is the case, can somebody explain or give me a link on how tissues and body details work? The creature tokens page in the wiki didn't help.

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All these attacks are passing through! I need some help.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:29:10 pm »

Well, whats it fighting
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

Imagamer45

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:53:00 pm »

Had it fight a vulture, and it's own kind. Both are solid.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 07:05:14 pm »

It is because you deleted that tissue and material and body detail stuff. Since that's no longer there, the werewolf has no physical form in its current manifestation.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Imagamer45

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 07:29:59 pm »

It is because you deleted that tissue and material and body detail stuff. Since that's no longer there, the werewolf has no physical form in its current manifestation.

Darn. Well I mainly used http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Deon#How_to and the token lists to make my creature. Unfortunately that tutorial did not demonstrate how to do body detail and tissue tokens, let alone mention them. Do you know any tissue/body detail tutorials?

Imagamer45

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 09:22:32 pm »

I added all the body detail plans, tissues, arteries, some caste things, all that stuff from the werewolf into the warg. Still no dice.

New code.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 02:22:09 am »

Try copying the BODY tag above the tissue layer tags, and above the attack tags, it seems like your telling the game to add tissue layers and attacks to body parts that dont exist yet. Also check the error log.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Imagamer45

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 05:33:35 am »

Try copying the BODY tag above the tissue layer tags, and above the attack tags, it seems like your telling the game to add tissue layers and attacks to body parts that dont exist yet. Also check the error log.

And I was just thinking about that last night. Anyway, it worked, and they quickly tore each other to shreds. Either the attacks are too strong, or they don't have enough resistance. But I can fix that easy. Thank you all for your help.