Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military/squad problems.  (Read 404 times)

UristMcRandomTask

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Military/squad problems.
« on: June 01, 2010, 12:55:56 am »

So, I switched over to 0.31.03 a while back, and I've been having a lot of fun with it, except for one tiny problem...

I have a squad of ten dwarves, which is about a quarter of my fortress, and they won't stop training.  At all.  Unless they're resting, sleeping, eating, drinking, or on active orders, they're always training.  I've changed their schedule, done almost everything I can think of, including disband the squad.

When I try disbanding the squad or removing a soldier, nobody returns to their civilian duties.  They just go back to their room and sit their for months, but they're not counted as idlers.

I wouldn't mind so much, but one of my soldiers just had a mood and is a legendary stone carver now...and I really want him to get to work.

Are other people having this problem?  Any advice?  I can give somebody the save to look at, if they want.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military/squad problems.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:58:16 am »

its a known bug. they won't stop until they die. possibly surgery. Just train them on wild animals...

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 01:01:31 am »

In the orders schedule, there's a "minimum number of soldiers" or something like that. (Don't know exactly, haven't used the military). By default it's 10. There will always be at least this many soldiers training. Set it to something lower so some of the soldiers can go off and eat/sleep/drink.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

UristMcRandomTask

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 01:07:58 am »

Damn.  Well, thanks anyways.