Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Adventure Succession  (Read 16165 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Succession
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2010, 02:07:32 pm »

Just noticed I forgot to post that picture. Hmm.
It says Robocorns online.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2010, 02:10:45 pm »

Sorry, I'm always online just ddn't notice this till now. Downloading as you read this.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2010, 02:12:43 pm »

This needs more players. I'll take the next turn if necessary.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2010, 02:30:56 pm »

Good.
I hope you can narrate better than I can, Robocorn.
I'd hate to put that on you, Josephus. If no one else signs up, I'll do it, unless you really want to.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2010, 02:36:29 pm »

Well, it's just a case of downloading DF onto the computer I'm using right now. It'll be slow, but workable.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2010, 02:38:29 pm »

If you say so.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2010, 02:41:29 pm »

Sign me up somewhere as far down the line as possible, thanks.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 02:42:47 pm »

Position nine, then.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 03:22:08 pm »

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 15th of Slate
Our sense of time grew murky as we trekked north. We grew hungry but did not eat, we grew tired but did not sleep. My mind was constantly wracked by thoughts of Quihu. I could have saved her if I was more alert, stronger. I could never protect the things I loved. My wife, my children, Quihu everything I ever loved has been taken from me. The wolf attacks ceased as we wandered into the plains. We lacked purpose, we had no quest, no family, no friends. all we had were each other. Das and me.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 17th of Slate
The wolves attacked for the first time in a few weeks. The adrenaline filled my veins and chased the doldrums away. I swung my flail and batted the beasts away. Their bites left a few running veins across my hands, making my fingers stick together. When the beasts retreated, I looked to see Das on his knees fumbling with his helmet. He assured me he was fine and that it just came off in the heat of battle.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 18th of Slate
Das has been acting strange lately, he's taken to using his spear as a walking stick and shouts at me whenever I get away from him. I tell him he's acting like an old man and we share a laugh at his expense. It feels good to laugh again.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 19th of Slate
The plains gave way to desert today as we made our way north. Das has been really talkative lately. He told me about growing up in Thrifthermits, about his father the guard who inspired him to be a warrior, about the legend of Etast Willgolds the hydra and Ugan Trickedduties. When I asked him if he was married he just shrugged and became eerily quiet but struck up a conversation again after a few minutes.
He walked into a cactus later today and I asked him if he wasn't wearing his visor a little too low, he rebutted that if he hadn't had his visor so low he'd have a face full of prickles.
Das has been one of the few things that has made life worth living lately.
(Das is 26 years old and he's married to some lady named Moņol who still lives in Thrifthermits, a better writer can explain why he's out here with Xugot)

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 28th of Slate
Das hasn't been pulling his weight lately getting food. Even though the desert is crawing with lizards, he can't seem to catch a single one. He says he'll let me drink from his canteen but I think he'll need the water more than me, what with him wearing that stuffy metal helmet through the desert.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 6th of Felsite
A strange beast attacks! as we're walking through the desert Das tells me to stop and sure enough a giant scorpion the size of a horse rises from the sands and lunges at me. My flail made a dull thump when it struck the thick shell of the beast and it's claws clanged like swords across my shield. Fortunately, when I put a dent in it's back thick slime came pouring out and it tried to retreat. With all my strength I managed to smash down on its back and crack it open with such force that the goo inside it sprayed all over me and it collapsed into a hot sticky heap in front of me.
When I asked Das why he didn't help me he said he was caught off guard and makes some joke about dwarves, I can't remember how it went exactly but if he ever says it again I'll be sure to write it down. It was funny enough to excuse him from fighting that monster.

Aand.. they'll be a million posts since I started so enjoy this while I keep writing in the background. Input is appreciated

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:17:36 am by Robocorn »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2010, 03:33:11 pm »

Good job, but I think Das lost his spear.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 05:35:18 pm »

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 8th of Felsite
Another Scorpion. This one headed straight for Das. The beast snatched at his hand and he dropped his spear. I tried to get its attention with my flail but it shrugged off the blows and continued to pursue Das. The beast struck his shield repeatedly and grabbed hold of his leg and...
it came off.
Das fell to the ground and blood pooled below him. In a fit of inhuman rage I swung my flail's head about the hilt andf slammed my weapon into the beast's carapace with such force that it shattered the monster's shell and sprayed me with its foul ichor as it was propelled over the dune and crumpled upon impact with the earth. I ran over to das who seemed to have lost consciousness.
I took off his helmet and saw what he must have been hiding from me for a few weeks now. His eyes were gone. He must have lost them to the wolves shortly after Quihu left us. Tears filled my eyes as I looked upon him.
grimacing in pain he regained consciousness and spoke
"Sorry Xugot...I guess I'm not...cut out...for this life."
I couldn't bring myself to speak.
"Tell Moņol I...love her...I'ts not her fault he father made her marry a reckless...fool"
"No Das" I choked out as I knelt weeping in the pool of his spilt blood.
"I guess...I'm off to see Quihu again."
"You'll make it Das. Your leg will heal and we'll bring you back to town and get you a wooden leg, you'll be back to your own self in no time-"
"-and my...eyes? I won't live...long...Xugot...I'm not suited to be a hero."
"I think you're a hero."
"Xugot...what do you call a...sober..dwarf."
"..."
"a...liar"
Those were the last words Das ever said.

he faded into unconsciousness and entered a restless sleep where he writhed about.

Here's where you come in kids should Xugot
A. wait by Das's side until he inevitably gets killed by something else (He's stopped bleeding but remains unconscious and in pain)
or
B. Mercy kill Das and risk angering the human civs.
I'll give you a couple of hours.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2010, 05:45:00 pm »

Set him on fire.

It's the only way.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2010, 05:46:09 pm »

Wait by his side!  A peg-legged blind hobo elite henchman is the way forward!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2010, 05:48:47 pm »

Set him on fire.

It's the only way.

no wood, can't carry him.

Wait by his side!  A peg-legged blind hobo elite henchman is the way forward!
He WON'T wake up, I've been by his side for three days.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2010, 05:54:48 pm »

Wait by his side for a few more days, and if he doesn't die, leave him, but give a justifiable reason besides 'Oh Das isn't waking up and I'm kinda hungry, guess I'll leave.' Remember, he's been by our side since the beginning. Too bad Josephus never got to meet either of them, unless he picks up the save I posted, but then he only gets Das...

ALSO, now you have to go on a 'quest' back to his home town to talk to his wife, where you might be able to recruit her. If not, recruit more people.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 05:57:59 pm by NewsMuffin »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12