Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Adventure Succession  (Read 16157 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Succession
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2010, 05:56:11 pm »

If I did that, the whole thread of continuity would be wrecked.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2010, 05:59:03 pm »

True.
ALSO, now Robocorn has to go on a 'quest' back to Das's home town to talk to his wife, where he might be able to recruit her. If not, recruit more people.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2010, 08:52:54 pm »

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 9th of Felsite
Das has been fighting with the reaper for hours now, I hear him gasping andwrithing on the ground, I'm not sure how but he's still alive he can't wake up though. I speak to him even though I know he can't hear my voice.
the night is freezing and I can see the breath blowing from his mouth into the desert sky.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 11th of Felsite
Hungry. I've spent the following days looking for food and water in the desert and have only found a small stream that seems to be full of carp. I dare not set foot in it.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 12th of Felsite
I can no longer take to see his struggle. I'm taking Das home to his wife. He's useless as a warrior but he may have a future as a husband and father.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 13th of Felsite
Almost back to the elven lands, Das has begun talking again. He occassionally mumbles where we are and I decrible the vast open prairies, the groundhogs in their burrows and the great buzzards flying overhead, I tell him of the sunsets and of the full moon. It saddens me that he will never again see these things.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 14th of Felsite
I fight a bear today, his desire to defend his territory is no match for my will to protect my friend. I send it hurtling into a tree and shatter its spine.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 17th of Felsite
After having to deal with the sleepless nights and the vicious beasts of the jungle of fins I am glad to be in civilization again. Nutstops is strange for an elven village because it has buildings, but the few cots in the town hall serve to hold Das quite nicely.
In town I run into a young woman by the name of Abba Alaatem. She has long brown hair and green eyes, but it was her voice that reminded me of my late wife more than anything else. She agreed to come with us and use her crossbow to defend Das and I on our journey. Das would have loved to meet her, she loved the story of the hydra too, but I could hardly be bothered to wake him from his semi-peaceful slumber.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 17th of Felsite
It's good to sleep in a bed again. Abba had been watching Das for a few hours and wonders what it must be like ot to be able to see. I prefer not to think about these things. as long as Moņol is happy to see him my work has been done.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 22nd of Felsite
Bear attack! a black bear ambushes me and tries to get a hold of Das. I knock the bear back where Abba fires her crossbow straight through it's back. We make a good team.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 28th of Felsite
Almost to Thrifthermits and we're ambushed by wolves. I'm not letting these worthless pieces of trash get near Das. I shatter the skull of the pack leader and bludgeon two of them away. Abba is hurt by a bite to the side but manages to kill the wolf by beating it to death with her iron crossbow. I wondered why anyone would bother making a crossbow made of iron.

aaand, I'll take another break.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2010, 09:09:56 pm »

How are you moving Das? Did he wake up, or did he die. If he died, are you taking his corpse, and pretending he's alive?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2010, 09:15:59 pm »

every fifty or so tics he wakes up from his pain induced coma and one tic later passes out again due to pain. If I travel on the tic when he's conscious he'll come with me. I plan on using this to ditch him in Thrifthermit.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2010, 09:20:35 pm »

That is surprisingly funny. I hope you make it.
Either way, HE IS MAKING IT TO THRIFTERMIT, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER! Ha ha ha.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2010, 10:51:07 pm »

If we could just attach a chainfall or something, this would be so much easier.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2010, 11:27:29 pm »

This is... so cool.
I always seem to kill my adventures really fast, so I'm not going to sign up (yet) but I am going to watch this.
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2010, 11:32:26 pm »

Hey NewsMuffin, do you think you could put the turn rules up in the OP, so that new people coming into the thread can get an idea of how long they'll have with the save?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2010, 11:37:43 pm »

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 1st of Hematite
We arrive in Thrifthermit I find it to be a bit discouraging to have returned to my place of origin with nothing to show for it but my love killed and my best friend crippled beyond belief. I would at least rest at ease knowing Das was safe. I didn't know where to find Moņol and after the first few times people were thinking I was some sort of pervert or thief so I told them I was a garbage hauler and managed to gain access to their homes at the price of carrying around rotten fish bones in my sack.
I saw more of the people of Thrifthermit in that day than in most of my life and I wasn't sure I liked it. After several hours of collecting rubbish We returned to the Inn to get some mead to lessen our sorrows when we found there was a meeting there. das, who was still in the Inn identified a large burly woman as Moņol. She was big and broad and had kinky hair she wore in a bun, and was garbed in some horridly stained apron. das whispered that she was a butcher by profession but that could hardly explain the colors. I swore there were shades of aqua on that smock.
The woman was considerably more jovial than we would have expected from her gruff demeanor (and also much younger) she looked disappointed as she laid her eyes upon Das but shrugged and lifted him up with one swift motion. As Abba and I waved goodbye to Das, I couldn't help but think that maybe I'd done something Das might regret.
As I looked into my mug of mead I couldn't help but think I'd accomplished nothing.
As a spur of the moment kind of thing I asked abba why she became a soldier.
She mentioned something about a goblin and that settled it. I would confront the goblins.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 2nd of Malachite
on our way to the goblin keep we were ambushed by wolves, these wolves being no different other than the fact that they took from me my right eye. Abba tok some cloth for me and made me a makeshift eyepatch. I think I might invest in a better helmet next time, one with better head protection.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 6th of Malachite
Slavedrivers. The goblins are using humans as slaves, I haven't seen one of the green bastards lift a finger other than to march around the place with weapons keeping the humans in line. I've begun feeling chest pains lately. I hope it isn't some strange illness caused by the goblins.

You're in balddread. The save is being uploaded here. Xugot needs fanart now that he has one eye. I'm going to bed.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:43:32 pm by Robocorn »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2010, 12:07:17 am »

If it's me up next, I'll start my turn tomorrow. I'm going to bed as well.

Alright, I've got the save, starting out now.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:39:17 am by Josephus »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2010, 01:39:46 pm »

I'll gather up the rules.
Awesome, Robocorn. Just awesome. I'll try my hand at fanart.
Once Xugot dies, I'm going to collect the entire story and put it in the OP, just so that all the Epicness can be read on one post.
Josephus, if you would like, your turn is up.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2010, 01:44:30 pm »

Yep, I'm playing. I'm wondering at Robocorn's intentions as to the Goblin fort, though. ;)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2010, 01:46:29 pm »

1 Recruit Prisoners.
2 Kill Goblins.
3 ? ? ?
4 PROFIT!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2010, 02:01:56 pm »

1 Recruit Prisoners.
2 Kill Goblins.
3 ? ? ?
4 PROFIT!
There's supposed to be some sort of justification in that the goblins have been attacking and killing the humans and elves for decades but you can come up with whatever justification you want for killing gobbos.

Oh, yeah, Xugot has a rhino lizard on him, I was going to write it in as a pet but I was so caught up with the Das thing that I forgot, you can call attention to it on slow weeks or just eat it and make up stuff. I wouldn't be averse to having a goblin party member as long as you can give some justification as to why they betrayed their post.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12