Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Adventure Succession  (Read 16152 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Succession
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2010, 04:47:01 pm »

Man, you got both eyes shot out, didn't you. Damn dirty elven traitors.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2010, 05:55:10 pm »

Nope, all three eyes intact.
Posting my turn in a little while.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2010, 07:42:57 pm »

Spoiler: Maybe not so large. (click to show/hide)
I unofficially crown myself the king of fluff. That's all I do, for the most part.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:01:21 pm by NewsMuffin »

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2010, 07:55:15 pm »

fluff is awesome, it gives us justification for all kinds of things. though we may need to keep updating the character sheet so I don't forget who Buh is or each new recruit.

I begin to worry how Das is speaking with us. Are we crazy? has he died? has his inablitity to see or remain conscious given him reign over some realm between life and death?

do you think we lack new members because of people with no time to write or an abundance of people who are really bad at adventure mode? I've always thought adventure mode is easy, I've been playing it so long that I can't manage in Nethack anymore.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 07:57:48 pm by Robocorn »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2010, 08:02:42 pm »

I figured that Xugot can see Das is because he's insane. Also take note to that weird desert entry.
I think it's a combination of both.
Save is up, whoever is doing the next turn.
I'll try to put up a character sheet on the OP. It'll take me a while.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:08:05 pm by NewsMuffin »

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2010, 08:16:05 pm »

I think it's me. I'll try to get an incomplete update up by the end of tonight.

somewhere we should try to compile the excerpts into a comprehensive list or a Let's Play. It reads a little funny with all these different posts.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2010, 08:33:05 pm »

Yeah, I'll put it in the OP when Xugot dies, or he becomes unplayable.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2010, 10:13:19 pm »

Xugot chapter 5: in which I introduce a talking lizard
Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 9th of Limestone
I had been neglecting to write for some time on account of the rain, It had been raining consistently since we left Matchedadmired and I was fearful of having my pages damaged by the wet weather. The rain seemed to follow us here to Entrancespirit, a small town on the coast of the water of peaks. They seem friendly enough and they treat us to some of their famous shark soup.Threbe would have liked to try it.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 10th of Limestone
During our second night in Entrancespirit some members of the party go out to see what the town has to offer. I remember seeing Tohwot and Kethi leaving together as well as Buh and Abba. I wonder what all this romance will do to our party's mission. The others went off to drink and be merry.
I chose to stay in the mead hall alone and sort out my pack, it seems to have gotten heavier over the past months and it's slowed my running speed considerably. It's been weeks since I've heard from Das.
After cleaning out a nest of roaches and selling the corpse of Durpulush to the butcher I found a lizard that spokes to me in Das' voice. The lizard told me to raid the dark fortress of Spidergrasp. It tells me that I will find the answers I seek.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 13th of Limestone
Thad has been making jokes about the lizard. It's been sitting on my shoulder throughout our departure from Entrancespirit and since we've been making great time towards our destination. He's since told me not to speak to him while the others see. He says they cannot hear what he has to say.

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 14th of Limestone
We've arrived at the dark fortress of Spidergrasp. Etest (which the lizard had dubbed itself) had instructed me to sneak into the towers undetected before engaging the enemy directly.

I'll attack Spidergrasp tomorrow, i'm a little too tired to document a battle today.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2010, 10:56:54 pm »

Kethi is 81, if I remember correctly. Kinda weird.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2010, 11:50:59 pm »

I saw them in a place, alone, so it didn't really matter to me. Maybe she has the [babysnatcher] tag  :P

Oh, by the way, who are thab and mepi?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2010, 12:21:09 am »

I saw them in a place, alone, so it didn't really matter to me. Maybe she has the [babysnatcher] tag  :P

Oh, by the way, who are thab and mepi?

The party. She is too, how you say, large?

I suppose the Spidergrasp attack ought to thin those numbers.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2010, 03:21:20 am »

Thad is a guy I recruited, and said that I hadn't even learned his name. The one that Xugot recruited when he was roaring drunk. The latest one, at least.
Not sure who the second one is.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2010, 07:22:47 pm »

Diary of Xugot Creamsoothe, 14th of Limestone cont.
As we crept through the underbrush we encountered a few brainwashed civilians lurking about the towers. We dispatched them with ease as to not alert the defense forces of the tower.

The battle did not go as planned. My eye pain came back worse than before and I collapsed. As I was down the others ran into head on battle with the goblin forces and suffered dire casualties. When I awoke I found Abba crying over the body of Buh, who's head had been pierced temple to temple by an iron bolt. Beside him laid Buqui, who'd been pierced through her great heart by a bolt that slid straight through two broken links in her hauberk.

As I picked up her sword which had been laid by her side a barrage of bolts flew from a nearby citadel, injuring Kethi and some poor fellow who I don't quite recognize. Seeing only the red eyes of a demon I charged forward into the hellish bastion and encountered a goblin priestess of some occult pantheon. She came at me with confidence but it soon melted when she saw the rage in mt eyes. I slew her with the very blade I pried from the deathgrip of the cultist Mosa and smote her across the citadel.

Amidst the whistling of the bolts in the air I heard.

Fuck. he's dead, totally fucking dead, I've cheated my ass of and he's still dead. Maybe if he didn't collapse from pain but nope he's dead, haven't saved yet but saved after I killed the priestess so he's in the middle of the fucking temple and there are bolts everywhere and the most steps I've ever gotten before backing out was ten. Sorry guys I fucked up. Now what?

EDIT:I'd recommend just giving Muffin's last save to Josephus

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2010, 07:27:05 pm »

I think the best part about this update is the fact that he's writing in his diary in the middle of a raging storm of bolts.  :D

What do you guys think, should we roll back time?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2010, 07:38:13 pm »

I vote yes, let's do the time warp. and to reiterate, STAY OUT OF SPIDERGRASP!, Everyone died.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12