Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44364 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 4: Mod Is Slow
« Reply #540 on: September 15, 2010, 11:40:35 am »

Well, Jim, we could test his power, but then the Infinite Voting thing is gone. It might help us point to actual scum, however. If you think that's worth it...

I'm not entirely sure I follow your logic, Jim. It might make more sense to me if we had a votecount. Do you already have a permanent vote on you? If so, shouldn't it show up?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 15, 2010, 11:54:46 am »

I don't have one yet, but ToonyMan's voting me so he's planning on it. If that happens we lose.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 15, 2010, 12:50:11 pm »

Jim:  You've got it wrong on Jokerman.  Per him:

Official word is that it's just on me.

He wouldn't have affected your motivated vote on Person.  That logic doesn't hold.

Arg, I'm confused here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 15, 2010, 12:55:45 pm »

No no no. Here's what Jokerman-EXE's role does:

If anybody has multiple votes, and they vote him, they will only have one vote for the rest of the day.

Let's say a Double Voter votes for him. Then the Double Voter's vote would be worth one when normally it is worth two.

Let's say an Infinity Voter votes for him. Then the Infinite Voter's vote would be worth one, no matter if he uses his power that day.

Let's say yesterday I vote for him. Then my two votes, one that I have normally, one that I received from Lonewolf I, would be worth one. However, my vote still counted as two at the end of the day.

Therefore, something is up.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 15, 2010, 01:03:50 pm »

Almost all the Vote Mafia targeted-by-vote roles only consider where the vote lies at end of the day.  Since you haven't finished a day voting on him, you shouldn't have been affected.

Jokerman:  Can you clarify your role for us?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 15, 2010, 01:17:17 pm »

When I had the role in VM5 it was not an end of day effect. Anyone who voted me at any point in the day had their vote count as one for the rest of the day.

If a role has the same name is it does in another Vote Mafia it probably works the exactly same way.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 15, 2010, 01:36:27 pm »

I remember previous permanent voters kept their votes on people after dying, I think it was when Org was it.

Jim, lynching me for that reason is stupid.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 15, 2010, 01:53:57 pm »

It's only a stupid reason if you're not scum.

As I said before,

There are lots of bad assumptions to this plan but I don't see any other options at this point. If anybody else has a better plan, let's hear it.

So if you have a better idea on how to proceed, I'm all ears. But you don't, since you're just sitting back to wait and win at this point.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 15, 2010, 01:54:50 pm »

If anybody has multiple votes, and they vote him, they will only have one vote for the rest of the day.

I think this is probably where the confusion is coming from. My PM doesn't say anything about the rest of the day; it simply says that votes against me count as one. So if you changed your vote, I don't see why it wouldn't go back to how it was.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 15, 2010, 02:12:54 pm »

Not scum Jim, like you just pointed out.

I'm keeping my vote on you, has everyone voted or not?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 15, 2010, 02:59:11 pm »

I have not voted.

Spoiler: Vote counts and roles (click to show/hide)

I went ahead and edited names to reflect replacement.  The ToonyMan that was lynched D1 is now DeadToonyMan.

Question: Who did Person voteblock N2?  They should have had no vote D3.

D2 his top three were Org, Jokerman, and Pandar in that order.  Org was lynched and Pandar was NKed.  D3 he was after Jokerman and Lonewolf at the beginning.  The logical assumption is that he voteblocked Jokerman, with a side possibility of Pandar and Lonewolf.

Jokerman had 1 vote D3, so either Person didn't block him, or Joker is lying and his true role blocked the block.  That second possibility would mean we have three people with protected votes, which seems like crap.  If Pandar was blocked, then Person's ability got disabled.  He didn't mention his role in any way, so we can't confirm or deny that, but I believe this was the case.  I think the Lonewolf block is too far fetched to be plausible.

Hm.

Jim, if Bayer used his infinite vote, and you voted Bayer, would that be a double lynch of Bayer and whoever he voted?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 15, 2010, 06:02:26 pm »

Yes, I assume that's what would happen. Not that I think lynching SirBayer would be a very productive move, however.

Toaster, you're mixing up yours and Pandarsenic's role? Pandarsenic's role has nothing to do with disabling abilities.

More importantly, why?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 15, 2010, 07:46:13 pm »

I'd still really like an official votecount before we continue. And because this point in time is critical, I'd like an extension so we can take all the damn time we want to work this stuff out.

Since I don't have a votecount, I'm not sure if I should be voting ToonyMan to get this whole thing done.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 15, 2010, 09:54:47 pm »

Extension granted, on account of I'm tired. I'll get a vote count up tomorrow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 15, 2010, 10:26:02 pm »

Yes, I assume that's what would happen. Not that I think lynching SirBayer would be a very productive move, however.

Toaster, you're mixing up yours and Pandarsenic's role? Pandarsenic's role has nothing to do with disabling abilities.

More importantly, why?

Oops- you're right.

Why?  I asked Web the question he couldn't answer for you- if I would be notified of abilities that failed on me.  The answer is no.  Therefore, I can't verify Leafsnail's claim, and why I'm waiting for him to reply to me.

To everyone:  I'll be out of town Friday and coming back mid-Sunday, so I'll be limited to brief phone posting between then, if that.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39