Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44368 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 4: Mod Is Slow
« Reply #525 on: September 14, 2010, 07:55:03 pm »

Oh look, a FoS and a few periods.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 14, 2010, 07:56:30 pm »

I'm a bit bemused by your suggestion the game is unwinnable, Leafy. If it were, then the game would already be over. It's not. Explain to me what's to stop me from just using my Infinite Voter power and ending the game.
You mean you can simultaneously lynch 3 different people today?  Wow!  If so, why don't you just lynch EVERYONE else right now?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 14, 2010, 08:01:33 pm »

I'm a bit bemused by your suggestion the game is unwinnable, Leafy. If it were, then the game would already be over. It's not. Explain to me what's to stop me from just using my Infinite Voter power and ending the game.

Okay, that clears that up(?). Good enough for me.

ToonyMan...

Using your infinite vote wouldn't end the game. We still need to double lynch scum today. If you used your infinite vote then that would only give us a single lynch.

If you could use your infinite vote to split it to multiple targets, which I don't think you can, you would still be forced to only double lynch today.

If you voted Jokerman-EXE, you'd lose your infinite vote. So that means he needs to stay alive.
But if he's scum, you still need people to lynch him tomorrow. You'd need to keep all three remaining townies alive so that tomorrow it will be three players with one scum.

I'm telling you, a double lynch of scum today is the only path to victory. The problem is how unlikely that's going to be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 14, 2010, 08:03:31 pm »

If he can split his infinity, he can split it between 5 and vote all of us now for a quintuple lynch.  Hey, why not just do that on day one?

And again, Jim, can you see any way the scumteam is gonna let you double lynch two of its members?  Considering they have half the votes?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 14, 2010, 08:13:00 pm »

Well, not with you on it, obviously.

It was a dim hope at best.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 14, 2010, 08:33:48 pm »

Blargh. Okay. That's a good point.

But again, why would Webby let the game go on if it were unwinnable?

Oh, and hey yeah: ToonyMan: Fuck you. You bring me a scumtell on Jim Groovester and we'll talk.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 14, 2010, 08:37:14 pm »

Maybe because someone is lying?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 14, 2010, 10:39:09 pm »

But again, why would Webby let the game go on if it were unwinnable?
He wouldn't.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 14, 2010, 11:17:54 pm »

Then who do you think it is?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 14, 2010, 11:48:18 pm »

Maybe we're thinking about this wrong.

Maybe it's one of the scum that's lying, and actually has a role with 0 votes, perhaps until X happens.  That'd keep us in the game, but would make it crucial to lynch that person *last*.

If that's right, we could confirm alignment by confirming roles.  Problem is, how?

One possible plan of attack here is to have Bayer Infinite Vote scum A, while Toony is voting scum B.  That would finish off A and put a permanent vote on B.

As an aside, while I'd love to be confirmed, I'm not.  All Lonewolf's motivation means is that he thinks I'm town.

Leafsnail:  Is your ability disabled?

Jokerman/Bayer/Toony:  Would disruptor work against an infinite vote?  Permanent vote?

Jim's vote D2 on Jokerman means Jokerman had one vote that day, assuming Jim's telling the truth.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 14, 2010, 11:50:41 pm »

Disruptor would work on the Infinite vote - it explicitly states that all votes against me count as one vote. I don't think it would affect the Permanent vote, simply because that's only one vote.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 15, 2010, 01:38:32 am »

I'm listing all the roles everyone has claimed for convenient reference.

Jim Groovester - Symmetrical Voter - Vote is worth the amount target has.
Jokerman-EXE - Vote Disruptor - All votes against Vote Disruptor count as one for the rest of the day.
Leafsnail - Ice Cream Voter - Turns target into Vanilla Townie.
ToonyMan - Permanent Voter - Votes at the end of the day remain through rest of game.
SirBayer - Infinite Voter - Once per game vote can count as infinite.
Toaster - Reactive Voter - Vote cannot be affected.

The only conclusion I can reach is that Jokerman-EXE is lying about his role. Since webadict never confirmed or denied that the Day 3 votecount was accurate, I am going to assume that what was there was accurate. Therefore, assuming all other roles to be accurate, Jokerman-EXE cannot be the Vote Disruptor because the final tally on Mr. Person was five, not four, accounting for the motivation I received from Lonewolf I.

What say you, Jokerman-EXE? You clearly had no idea how your role worked, and it obviously didn't prevent multivoters even when the conditions were met. What explanation do you have to offer for this?

I should stress that it would be a bad idea to vote Jokerman-EXE; if he's lying then his actual role might be part of whatever small advantage is keeping us in the game right now. Best not to do anything seemingly innocuous at this point lest it have unknown consequences.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 15, 2010, 01:56:32 am »

I had no idea how it worked because I've never had it before. I am the Vote Disruptor and I'm not lying.

My question is, if Leafsnail is the Ice Cream Voter, then what's saying that he hasn't turn one or more of the mafia into Vanilla Townies? Is that possible at all?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 15, 2010, 02:00:13 am »

If you're not lying then why doesn't your role work?

abculatter_2 voted ToonyMan on Day 1 and nobody on Day 2, and Leafsnail voted Toaster on Day 3, so only Toaster could have been affected. Toaster claims that did not happen.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 15, 2010, 10:44:36 am »

I've asked webadict whether or not the Permanent Voter's votes remain after death.

He didn't answer.

Awesome.

So here's what we need to do. Since a double lynch is going to be nigh impossible to pull off, we need to lynch ToonyMan today, with the hope that whatever permanent vote he wants to put on me goes away with his death. Because if they don't we've lost already and there's nothing we can do. Then Leafsnail needs to go, because whatever Jokerman-EXE's role really is he needs to be lynched last.

There are lots of bad assumptions to this plan but I don't see any other options at this point. If anybody else has a better plan, let's hear it.

Unvote Leafsnail. ToonyMan, you need to unvote, unless you want the town to lose.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39