Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44388 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 4: Mod Is Slow
« Reply #510 on: September 14, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »

People might've gotten suspicious of Bandages if he started dropping permanent votes on people.
Are you serious?  That's what you do with the role.

If you're saying he's being over cautious that is pure WIFOM.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 14, 2010, 04:42:19 pm »

But that's something the Permanent Voter would want to do as town or scum.

The thing that bugs me most is his vote on Criptfeind. Hell of a coincidence he died during the night, eh? Else he'd be revealed. That's not something he could have planned for as town but it is something he could have as scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 14, 2010, 04:55:48 pm »

What.

Rolefishing after a mass claim? How is that even possible?

Moron. Or scum.
I absolutely refuse to believe you are this stupid.

There must be someone keeping us alive.  And they haven't claimed.  In other words, they are falseclaiming in order to allow a chance of a town win.

If they do claim, they die in the night and town loses.  Even if scum is lynched today.

Leafsnail is at least one scum. But in order to make it through today and move on to tomorrow, singly lynching scum will not be enough. We need to double lynch scum today, or we lose in the night, because whatever advantage we have today is going to disappear during the night and we'll be at equal votes with the scum tomorrow.
I don't see how I can be more than one scum.  And nice rush to end the game, I see.

I believe ToonyMan will fill the role of the second scum lynch quite nicely. I don't think SirBayer is scum (though I'll keep my mind open about that), and lynching Jokerman-EXE would be problematic due to his multivoter disabling abilities. Further, if nobody counter claims Toaster then he's pretty much town.
Bolded makes no sense.  If he is scum, then we should lynch him now to minimize the chance that he disables whoever gets more votes today.

I see absolutely no way in which Toaster is a confirmed townie.  Being motivated doesn't make you town.  If noone counterclaims, then he is roleconfirmed, but not alignment confirmed in any way.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 14, 2010, 07:11:53 pm »

I absolutely refuse to believe you are this stupid.

There must be someone keeping us alive.  And they haven't claimed.  In other words, they are falseclaiming in order to allow a chance of a town win.

If they do claim, they die in the night and town loses.  Even if scum is lynched today.

You have absolutely no reason to believe that. Maybe when SirBayer gets in here and claims, and it still doesn't explain what's going on, your argument might have the smallest bit of validity.

But it ignores a more important point. What kind of fucking idiot townie would false claim today when even making it tomorrow will require perfect coordination and knowledge of all roles? Wouldn't this secret false claiming townie realize that misrepresenting his role might prove detrimental to making progress today? And what kind of fucking idiot townie would not want to claim and become a confirmed townie given that it will help narrow the decision on who to lynch today?

No, I can't believe that there's another town out there who's being that stupid. At least not among the people I think are town.

I don't see how I can be more than one scum.  And nice rush to end the game, I see.

Pick apart my semantics all you want, you know what I mean.

At the very least, you are scum.

Also, way to get scared of the single vote that's on you. And the first one cast today.

I see absolutely no way in which Toaster is a confirmed townie.  Being motivated doesn't make you town.  If noone counterclaims, then he is roleconfirmed, but not alignment confirmed in any way.

Did I say he was confirmed? No, I did not. I said it was reasonable to assume that he is town, assuming SirBayer does not counter claim.

Bolded makes no sense.  If he is scum, then we should lynch him now to minimize the chance that he disables whoever gets more votes today.

You are an idiot. Jokerman-EXE's role only reduces the votes of the people who vote for him. So let's not vote for him so that the secret falseclaiming townie you claim to exist doesn't get his votes reduced, and make us insta-lose.

And tell me how anybody is going to get any more votes. And why don't you stick with the roles people have claimed, because anything otherwise is just useless speculation on your part.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 14, 2010, 07:22:53 pm »

Fucking hypocrite Jim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 14, 2010, 07:30:29 pm »

Jim Groovester the Hypocrite does not care.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 14, 2010, 07:31:43 pm »

If every townie is what they've claimed, it's game over no matter what happens today (good luck getting scum to double lynch one of their own members).

Therefore we need to actually make an assumption that the game is still winnable.  If it isn't, then we don't lose anything for making this assumption.

What today needs isn't "perfect coordination".  All the townies need to vote for mafia, and then the mafia needs to shoot wrong twice.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Incidentally, Jim Groovester's own argument against Mr.Person damns him today.  Heh.

Did I say he was confirmed? No, I did not. I said it was reasonable to assume that he is town, assuming SirBayer does not counter claim.
Why?

Jokerman-EXE's role only reduces the votes of the people who vote for him. So let's not vote for him so that the secret falseclaiming townie you claim to exist doesn't get his votes reduced, and make us insta-lose.
Think logically.

If he's scum and he's got that role, we've lost.  Therefore we don't lose anything from assuming he isn't scum with that role.
If he's scum and he hasn't, he dies like everyone else.
If he's town, then we don't lynch him.  In other words, he's in the same basket as everyone else.

And tell me how anybody is going to get any more votes. And why don't you stick with the roles people have claimed, because anything otherwise is just useless speculation on your part.
The game is still running, so it's possible for town to win.

Therefore, we must have some way to outvote the mafia today.

If our way to outvote the mafia dies in the night, we lose, even if we successfully lynch you or one of your buddies today.

Therefore our way to outvote the mafia needs to stay hidden.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 14, 2010, 07:34:23 pm »

Sorry, sorry, I was away.

God damn it, mislynch again? Effing - ugh. At least it's not over yet.

Okay, I'm the Infinite Voter. Once during the game, I can make my votes infinite. Didn't use it during MyLo because didn't need it to lynch... well, what I thought was scum.

I think, Leafsnail, you'll find my ability means there's no false-claiming going on, at least not as you suppose. I'd be annoyed with you for it, but there's not much point.

I see a lot of talking about roles. The only thing we know is that these are our roles. Assuming town confirmation from any of them would be foolish. IF Toaster is scum, then so is Groovester, but if Groovester is town or scum, it says nothing about Toaster. What would a townie do but place that extra vote on a random player? What better way to hide your scummitude than to drop a multi-vote on a townie?

My point here is that we're talking waaaaay too much about roles and all the rest of that nonsense. The conclusions, for me, are pretty easy, frankly. Jokerman-EXE is throwing more new-tells than scum-tells, and I have absolutely nothing scummy on Jim Groovester - nothing worth note. The logical conclusion is that the scumteam must be ToonyMan, Toaster, and Leafsnail. There's no other possibilities left to me.

Oh, and Leafsnail, the "let's lynch Jokerman based on his role" is not helping you out here, either. I'm quite confused on what you even think Jokerman's power is, anyway. The way I read it, he disables multi-voters that vote him. Presumably that's only for the duration of the voting on him, granting him a shield from things like my ability but doing little else. What is this "logical thinking"? What is this conclusion you're trying to reach? I can't even follow it.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 14, 2010, 07:35:36 pm »

Err, wow, I misread Toaster's ability. For some reason... I thought Toaster was Lonewolf. Uh. Let me go read that stuff again. D:
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 14, 2010, 07:39:53 pm »

Okay, flatter the stupid person - what exactly does Toaster's ability do here that we're all so worried about?
Rules are for suckers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 14, 2010, 07:40:53 pm »

Nothing scummy on Jim?  Scum team is Jim and SirBayer.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 14, 2010, 07:42:48 pm »

Hmm.

Ok.

If all town claims are true, then town has already lost.

If you disagree with this, try constructing a scenario where town can win (hint: it's impossible).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 14, 2010, 07:44:16 pm »

No hammers right?  Jim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 14, 2010, 07:52:02 pm »

Okay, flatter the stupid person - what exactly does Toaster's ability do here that we're all so worried about?

Toaster's role makes him immune to any and all effects positive and negative. Lonewolf I's motivation (if you believe his claim) failed on Toaster, and Leafsnail's vote did not turn him into a Vanilla Townie.

If Lonewolf I's motivation hadn't failed, it would be easy to prove Toaster was motivated, because he could split his vote. Given your claim, it still wouldn't have confirmed him at this point.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 14, 2010, 07:53:44 pm »

I'm a bit bemused by your suggestion the game is unwinnable, Leafy. If it were, then the game would already be over. It's not. Explain to me what's to stop me from just using my Infinite Voter power and ending the game.

Okay, that clears that up(?). Good enough for me.

ToonyMan...
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39