Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44383 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 4: Mod Is Slow
« Reply #495 on: September 13, 2010, 09:20:05 pm »

If it works like it does in other Vote Mafias then that's a single ability.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 13, 2010, 09:21:15 pm »

Thaaaaaaat's a bummer. I thought it was a super cool ability.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 13, 2010, 09:40:43 pm »

Can you PM Web for clarification?  It's pretty relevant here.

Jim:  No.  Nothing can affect my vote, and I disable any abilities used on it for a phase.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 13, 2010, 09:47:04 pm »

But if nothing affects your vote would you even be informed about any unsuccessful attempts?

Because if you aren't informed about unsuccessful attempts to modify your vote then you would be lying about Lonewolf I trying to motivate you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 13, 2010, 09:54:16 pm »

That or Web forgot about my ability and told me I got an extra vote anyway until I reminded him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 13, 2010, 09:54:39 pm »

Official word is that it's just on me.

So if we're still coming out positive, it's because one of the people voting me would have been one of the people with multiple votes. Right?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 13, 2010, 09:59:13 pm »

How long is the disable?

Also, no one was voting you day end.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 13, 2010, 10:05:54 pm »

That or Web forgot about my ability and told me I got an extra vote anyway until I reminded him.

What did you-

Why di-

Hmm. I just asked webadict about whether you'd be informed about unsuccessful attempts to modify your vote. He said he couldn't answer.

If nobody counters your claim then I have no reason to believe that you're not town. It would have been very easy to confirm you if you had an extra vote (people with two votes can place two votes on different targets), but I guess this is the closest we can get.

How long is the disable?

Also, no one was voting you day end.

If I remember correctly it lasts through the day, and it applies to anybody who votes for him throughout the day. It has no effect on the following day, unless the effect is reapplied by voting for him again.

This is all useful discussion but it still doesn't explain how we're still playing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 13, 2010, 10:09:03 pm »

I'm wondering that myself.  We still lack two claims, though.

Bayer, you around?  Toony (?), are you officially replaced in yet?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 13, 2010, 10:22:56 pm »

MOD: Can you verify that the votecount at the end of Day 3 is still correct given that both I and SirBayer voted Jokerman-EXE at one point during Day 3?

The only thing I can think of right now is that SirBayer or ToonyMan are the Double Voter. If the votecount is right for the end of Day 3 then that would mean that ToonyMan is the Double Voter. If it is not, then that weakly suggests that SirBayer is.

And if neither of them are the Double Voter then we should have technically lost already.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 4: Mod Is Slow [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #505 on: September 14, 2010, 02:17:15 pm »

I slept all day yesterday and got back from school a little bit earlier today.

I'll replace.

But didn't we already lynch you?

Anyways, ToonyMan, Bandages during Day 1 and Day 2 was going on about how he was reluctant to move his vote because of his role, and said that was why he was being passive. Then on Day 3 he completely forgot about that and just moved it wherever he wanted. What explanation do you have to offer about this?
Role says I'm a permanent voter, so I assume he was thinking he would keep his vote on suspicious people so he could lynch them easier the next day if the reasoning persisted.  He probably completely forgot (or didn't care anymore) or something, hehehe.

Okay, now that I'm reading through this I'm guessing my(Bandages') votes are what are causing these vote confusions.

Who have I voted so far this game?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 14, 2010, 03:49:25 pm »

Only the final vote target of the day counts for the Permanent Voter, right?

Everybody you have ever voted has either been lynched or conveniently died during the night. And I do emphasize the conveniently.

Anyways, you're not the one keeping us in the game. It's so nice to have all these people step forward to propose that they are the ones doing that, however. Too bad they've all been wrong.

So all we need now is one more role claim. Once we get that, we should hopefully know what we're dealing with.

MOD: Prod SirBayer.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 14, 2010, 03:51:42 pm »

Only the final vote target of the day counts for the Permanent Voter, right?
Right, yeah.

Everybody you have ever voted has either been lynched or conveniently died during the night. And I do emphasize the conveniently.
Rookie move Jim, you're better than that.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 14, 2010, 04:00:57 pm »

Ok.

So, basically, someone must be keeping the game running.

But they absolutely MUSN'T claim, heh.

I'm slightly confused as to what Jim's accusation against ToonyMan is.  He's apparently accusing him of offing townies that he'd have extra votes against.  Or saying he's fakeclaiming, in which case he's rolefishing, and should stop.

There could exist scum roles without votes, I guess, and that could be keeping us alive.  My role certainly isn't a game saver.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 14, 2010, 04:27:25 pm »

Rookie move Jim, you're better than that.

Suggesting that Bandages was deliberately hiding the function of his role by voting the leading lynch targets or voting someone he knew was going to die in the night is not a rookie move.

People might've gotten suspicious of Bandages if he started dropping permanent votes on people.

So, basically, someone must be keeping the game running.

But they absolutely MUSN'T claim, heh.

What.

If we can pin exactly who's keeping us in the game, then they are a confirmed townie.

So of course they have to claim.

Moron. Or scum.

I'm slightly confused as to what Jim's accusation against ToonyMan is.  He's apparently accusing him of offing townies that he'd have extra votes against.  Or saying he's fakeclaiming, in which case he's rolefishing, and should stop.

What.

Rolefishing after a mass claim? How is that even possible?

Moron. Or scum.

Leafsnail is at least one scum. But in order to make it through today and move on to tomorrow, singly lynching scum will not be enough. We need to double lynch scum today, or we lose in the night, because whatever advantage we have today is going to disappear during the night and we'll be at equal votes with the scum tomorrow.

I believe ToonyMan will fill the role of the second scum lynch quite nicely. I don't think SirBayer is scum (though I'll keep my mind open about that), and lynching Jokerman-EXE would be problematic due to his multivoter disabling abilities. Further, if nobody counter claims Toaster then he's pretty much town.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39