Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44417 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 3: With Their Backs Turned
« Reply #405 on: September 05, 2010, 02:54:35 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Jokerman-EXE - Jim Groovester, [1]
SirBayer - Org, Jokerman-EXE, [1]

Org's nonvote shows, but Jim's motivated vote... doesn't?

This attack's on hold until Web answers, but I still want to know how he's confirmed.

Wait a second. Slow down everybody.

That votecount is right, because that's the votecount at the end of Day 2. I wasn't motivated then and Org had no vote.

Thanks Web.  Anyway...

...he's pretty much confirmed motivator since Jim backed him up.  I totally fail to see how that has any effect on alignment.  They could easily be both scum or both town, or even LW town and Jim scum.  So again, tell me how LW is "essentially confirmed town."

I'll chime in on this. I'm fairly certain there's no way to create confirmed townies in Vote Mafia, barring moderator mistake. So there's no way Lonewolf I could be a confirmed townie.

I will add that I strongly think Lonewolf I is a townie because of what he did, but again, he's not confirmed.

I'll get to you two eventually. I've been trying to but I've been occupied with playing Civ IV with my father. Thank goodness for that extension, because I'm always up for a game of fruitless argumentation with anybody who'll play with me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 05, 2010, 08:38:53 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Jokerman-EXE - Jim Groovester, [1]
SirBayer - Org, Jokerman-EXE, [1]

Org's nonvote shows, but Jim's motivated vote... doesn't?

This attack's on hold until Web answers, but I still want to know how he's confirmed.

Wait a second. Slow down everybody.

That votecount is right, because that's the votecount at the end of Day 2. I wasn't motivated then and Org had no vote.
Lolz.

Stop confusing me!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 05, 2010, 02:07:12 pm »

EXTEND.  Scum is trying to quickend this game while I'm away.  Fuck you, Jim.  Fuck you, Toaster.

Content to follow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 05, 2010, 02:43:07 pm »

EXTEND.  Scum is trying to quickend this game while I'm away.  Fuck you, Jim.  Fuck you, Toaster.

Content to follow.

I was the one who didn't want to shorten.  Misrepresentation of facts- scummy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 05, 2010, 02:51:19 pm »

Leafsnail:  I missed your answer in your first post.  My bad.

Anyway, I'm reading through your evidence on me, and it's clear you've missed some things.  You're pegging me for no votes early on- it's because my RV was on Bayer and it wasn't moving until I got an answer, which came late.  You tell me to vote for the scum regarding my accusation of Person defending Bandages.  I did vote the person I thought scummier- Person.  You comment on me ignoring Jim's attack, when frankly, there was no attack- all he did was say I was suspicious.  Like I said earlier, I chose to ignore it because it was a non-attack.  His weird reason for backing off?  He stopped thinking I was scum.  So weird!
Your RV was on Bayer, so you decided to post no content at all until he answered your question, then didn't say anything about it afterwards.  The second part could be an explanation of "poorly done distancing" from the mafiascum wiki.  It looks exactly like he was trying to distance himself from you, and you knew the attack wasn't serious because, well, he's on your team.

Re my first post to you:  Of course it lacks content.  Did you not read abc's posts?  They didn't have any content either.  I had to post something to get you to talk, and I say it worked.  The reason I asked the question about the changed tone post is because on review, it looks like someone was coaching him, which of course would make him- and therefore you- scum.
It was more because Jim was using it as a way to defend his scumbuddy from accusations of passiveness.  It was still passive as hell, and containing a loaded question I had no way to answer.

I don't remember this event.  Please quote it for me.
Early part of the game - all the posts of yours I quoted.  Then, when Jim mentions that he has suspicions of you, your content levels go up (or at least appear to).

I'll grant you that I didn't have much in the way of suspicions until Person D2.  That's why I was using my default approach- asking several people questions at once.  It's what I do until I hit something to latch on to.  If you've got a problem with it, oh well.
That's how I'd describe the average scumgame - be useless while pretending to be active by asking questions, then "latching on" to something when someone makes a mistake.  In my towngame, I try to find mafia.

One last question to you:  Do you think active lurking is worse than passive (not posting) lurking?
Yes.  A lot worse.

Lurking implies you're lazy, don't like posting much or that you're trying to avoid attention.  The first 2 are nulltells, the last is a scumtell.  However, number 3 is becoming less valid, since lurking now tends to attract MORE attention.

Active lurking implies you're trying to avoid attention, want to look like you're doing something, aren't trying to find scum or are just crap.  The first 3 are scumtells, and I don't think the 4th really applies to you.

My top two scum picks for now are Leafsnail (Reasoning: this post) and Jokerman (Reasoning: reply #355).  Jokerman has been trying to lurk through this game unbothered while others take the heat, and voting me to try to set up a lynch on me.
You've given no reasons for suspecting me.

No, seriously.  The entire section on me consists of:
- Apologising for missing my answer
- Defence against an accusation made on you
- Defence of a post you made earlier
- Asking me to quote something you can't remember
- Explanation of strategy
- Useless question

NONE of these constitute a reason for voting me.  In any way, under any interpretation.

Good work, Toaster.

Jim is completely, undeniably obvscum for the following post.

Shorten.

I don't need to discuss anything critical with anybody. All I'd be doing is arguing with Leafsnail some more but since I'm convinced he's scum and he's convinced I'm scum it wouldn't get anywhere and it might as well wait until tomorrow like it would have if the day had ended when I expected it to.
"We need to lynch right today.  However, even though the town has clearly made no decision and it would be possible for someone to change their vote and seal the shorten request (ending the day immediately) I will still vote to shorten the day.  Heck, it's even possible that scum have some sort of secret voting power that will sway the lynch to someone random, but it doesn't matter."

I can see no town motivation for this at all.

Nor can I see a town motivation for waiting for a "long post" from someone you were apparently so sure of that you were prepared to risk the game on lynching them.

Nor can I see a town motivation for replying to a few fluff posts from Toaster while ignoring the two people who you are "convinced are scum".

And now for something completely different.

PPE: Rofl.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Night 2: Chilling Disposition [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #410 on: September 05, 2010, 03:16:12 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Toaster - Jokerman-EXE, Leafsnail,
Lonewolf I - Mr.Person,
Mr.Person - Lonewolf I, Jim Groovester, Bandages,
Jim Groovester -
Jokerman-EXE - SirBayer,
Leafsnail - Toaster,
SirBayer -
Bandages -

Not voting -

Day ends on Tuesday 9 PM Central. 1 Extension Requested.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 05, 2010, 03:45:36 pm »

Content to follow.

Object to Extension.

What the fuck? You've had TWO EXTENSIONS already. Deal the fuck with it if you can't actually post anything with the time you've been generously given.

Jim is completely, undeniably obvscum for the following post.

Shorten.

I don't need to discuss anything critical with anybody. All I'd be doing is arguing with Leafsnail some more but since I'm convinced he's scum and he's convinced I'm scum it wouldn't get anywhere and it might as well wait until tomorrow like it would have if the day had ended when I expected it to.
"We need to lynch right today.  However, even though the town has clearly made no decision and it would be possible for someone to change their vote and seal the shorten request (ending the day immediately) I will still vote to shorten the day.  Heck, it's even possible that scum have some sort of secret voting power that will sway the lynch to someone random, but it doesn't matter."

I can see no town motivation for this at all.

Nor can I see a town motivation for waiting for a "long post" from someone you were apparently so sure of that you were prepared to risk the game on lynching them.

Nor can I see a town motivation for replying to a few fluff posts from Toaster while ignoring the two people who you are "convinced are scum".

Here's something you might know about me: I'm impatient. I despise unnecessary delays of game.

I knew I'd get flak for requesting the shorten and I knew that scum like you would put words in my mouth when I did this. But I don't fucking care. I just want to move on with the damn game already.

And really, listening to you uselessly prattle on about how nobody's made a decision yet, when, in fact, everybody has, is not something I really wanted to do all through Tuesday.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 05, 2010, 04:22:09 pm »

LET'S DO THIS

Spoiler: Leafsnail (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mr. Person (click to show/hide)

There, I responded. Obligations satisfied.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 05, 2010, 05:42:07 pm »

In the same vein the town can hide their powers until lylo to break lylo for scum. Mass claiming lets the scum pick these power roles off.
It IS basically lylo.  If we were to break the setup, now would be the time to do it.

And there's no way to guess the setup. We did not get a known role this game, so it would be impossible to determine if somebody's lying if they role claim. This is a terrible mistake to make, especially to use as a justification for a mass claim.
Most of the possible roles would've shown some kind of sign by now, actually.  Certainly all the multivoter ones.  And then we just take the unverified ones with a pinch of salt.

There are enough that it's not a good idea to out them at this time.

Are you really saying you can't think of a situation where an unclaimed town Double Voter would be useful, especially going into milo and lylo? Consider our current situation. If we mislynch, and the scum don't hit the Double Voter, we get an extra day. There'd be no chance of this happening if there was a mass claim.
Uh... how many people here haven't voted on any day?  Any and all double voters would have been outed (incidentally, the mafia currently has a lot more role info, due to having 3 confirmed claims to work around).  And even if we do get into a situation like that, the double voter will almost certainly die during the next night.

The comment was directed at your scumbuddies accusation, not about Toaster's purported passiveness or active-lurking.

What evidence are you ever going to have of that? You can find evidence that I am scum, that Toaster is scum, but never that both of us are scum together. You're connecting the dots based on whom you currently suspect.
Chainsaw defence.  You're both helping each other by undermining the case on the other, without actually saying why the other one of you is town.  In other words, you're trying to help each other, without appearing to be connected.

Which is exactly what I did when I said you were trying to buss Jokerman-EXE.
You didn't give any other reasons for me being scum at that time, nor did you call me scum.  In other words, you're saying you based your case against me on nothing.

It's pretty easy to say somebody's posts lack content, regardless of whether they do or not. And it's easy enough to use it as a justification for a vote. The reason it's difficult to prove or disprove is that if anybody challenges you, well, you can just disagree with them. You'd be lying, of course, but they can't argue with you over a matter of opinion and interpretation.
I ask you again - in the earlier part of the game, do you think Toaster's early posts have content?  If the answer is no, you're being dumb.  If the answer is yes, I would like you to explain how questions such as "Do you believe Org's claim?" can be called scumhunting.

I don't have to prove your arguments are invalid, I just have to show everybody how scummy you've been.
Scum slip.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 05, 2010, 07:07:21 pm »

LET'S DO THIS

It IS basically lylo.  If we were to break the setup, now would be the time to do it.

Not gonna happen. If people were convinced a mass claim right now was a good idea they'd be mass claiming right now.

And there's no way to guess the setup. We did not get a known role this game, so it would be impossible to determine if somebody's lying if they role claim. This is a terrible mistake to make, especially to use as a justification for a mass claim.
Most of the possible roles would've shown some kind of sign by now, actually.  Certainly all the multivoter ones.  And then we just take the unverified ones with a pinch of salt.

I don't understand. What's the point of a mass claim if we choose not to trust the roles that are not verifiable? How does that help us figure out who's scum if we have to ignore half the roles that are claimed?

That strikes me as an exceptionally counterproductive thing to do. The lengths you'll go to to justify this idiotic move.

The comment was directed at your scumbuddies accusation, not about Toaster's purported passiveness or active-lurking.

What evidence are you ever going to have of that? You can find evidence that I am scum, that Toaster is scum, but never that both of us are scum together. You're connecting the dots based on whom you currently suspect.
Chainsaw defence.  You're both helping each other by undermining the case on the other, without actually saying why the other one of you is town.  In other words, you're trying to help each other, without appearing to be connected.

I should go document all the instances where you accused people of a chainsaw defense and then figure out how many times you're scum. I can't recall an instance where you were actually ever on to something.

If Toaster and I both attack you it is because we both think you are scummy. You must not mistake coincidence for coordination.

Which is exactly what I did when I said you were trying to buss Jokerman-EXE.
You didn't give any other reasons for me being scum at that time, nor did you call me scum.  In other words, you're saying you based your case against me on nothing.

I can suspect abculatter_2 for what he did and because you're his replacement I can suspect you for the same things.

The only thing I can't do is expect you to explain his actions. But you're being scummy enough on your own that that's not necessary.

It's pretty easy to say somebody's posts lack content, regardless of whether they do or not. And it's easy enough to use it as a justification for a vote. The reason it's difficult to prove or disprove is that if anybody challenges you, well, you can just disagree with them. You'd be lying, of course, but they can't argue with you over a matter of opinion and interpretation.
I ask you again - in the earlier part of the game, do you think Toaster's early posts have content?  If the answer is no, you're being dumb.  If the answer is yes, I would like you to explain how questions such as "Do you believe Org's claim?" can be called scumhunting.

I'll repeat this as many times as you ask it.

I initially suspected Toaster for many of the same reasons you claim to suspect him at this time. However, I changed my mind at a later date when I was able to get a better read on him, and he appeared town to me.

I don't have to prove your arguments are invalid, I just have to show everybody how scummy you've been.
Scum slip.

Quoting out of context is awesome.

So, you just gonna drop that there? Not going to do anything else with it? Okay, cool.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 05, 2010, 08:40:42 pm »

Whatever on the massclaim, then.  I guess it doesn't matter as much as getting you or one of your partners lynched.

I should go document all the instances where you accused people of a chainsaw defense and then figure out how many times you're scum. I can't recall an instance where you were actually ever on to something.
Yeah, you're right.  In Paranormal 16, when I used it as the basis for suspecting Jokerman-EXE, I was completely wrong.  It didn't allow me to call the entire scumteam, and all of their motivations at all.

It's not the coordination aspect that bothers me about you and Toaster.  It's the constant, subtle defence of each other, while avoiding any direct interaction, and being evasive about why.

The scumslip stands.  It says "While you're arguments were fine and I was ok with them at the time, retrospectively I will declare them scummy so everyone can see".  This is the action of someone pushing for a mislynch.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 05, 2010, 09:51:12 pm »

What would I have to interact with Toaster about? How should I be interacting with him?

I've stated I think he's town. I don't have anything I want to ask him, so saying we're not interacting is basically a statement of fact.

The scumslip stands.  It says "While you're arguments were fine and I was ok with them at the time, retrospectively I will declare them scummy so everyone can see".  This is the action of someone pushing for a mislynch.

Not what I was saying at all.

Good scum know how to make reasonable arguments to justify their votes. Mr. Person in the last Vote Mafia showed that he knows how to play a very good scum game, so it's no surprise that his votes on Org and ToonyMan appeared to be well-justified at the time.

However, Mr. Person is hiding behind his arguments for those two votes as if their strength and validity are the only things determining whether he is suspicious or not. And that is simply not true, otherwise, why demand that I disprove his arguments first before attacking him on other things?

There are many reasons to suspect Mr. Person, and all I have to do to show Mr. Person is scum is bring those reasons to light, as I've already done. I don't have to play his game and prove his arguments false before I make any further attack.

There's more to consider when determining if someone is scum than just the reasons they use to vote. Obviously.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 05, 2010, 10:49:11 pm »

You know what?  Fuck it.  Disregard everything I've said all game prior to this post.

Leafsnail: I was writing a post attacking you for misrepresenting facts about me, and I could only come up with the one about the shorten.  One can be chalked up to a misread or misinterpretation.  I thought about it some more, and I ended up doing a reread.  What it turned up resulted in a pretty radical change in my opinion.

Unvote Leafsnail.

Right now, I'm calling it- scumteam is Lonewolf, Jim Groovester, and Bandages.

Why?  Many reasons.  To start with, see my recent (since near-end of D2) posts attacking Bandages and Lonewolf.  (Ok, don't disregard those.)

Next, they've been distancing fairly regularly, with weak attacks that they back off of after a few posts.  See examples starting here and here.  In particular, Jim says Bandages is buddying me, then Jim goes on to buddy me all day today.  It's been niggling at me that it's happening, but now I see it for what it is.

Bandages, in particular, comes at me very aggressively when I attack him.  I respond in kind, and he completely backs off without even mentioning it.  That's not normal.

Here's the crux of the matter- they're all voting Person.  How they voted him is telling as well.  LW's first post of the day voted Person with no reasoning, and contained WIFOM with his conclusion that Jim was town.  Jim's reasoning is Person being in on both D1 and D2 mislynches, and that he didn't vote right away (at mylo, no less.)  Bandages' reasoning is entirely based on his assertion that LW is confirmed town, and Person was still voting him.  Assuming LW's motivator claim is true, scum now holds 4 votes out of 9.  That makes it lylo, not mylo.  There's not a huge difference, but with that near-majority, all they have to do is split town a little bit, and they win the lynch and the game.

To win this, LW needs to hang today so scum can't give themselves an extra vote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 05, 2010, 11:24:00 pm »

And when Leafsnail's suspicions of you conveniently wither away and Jokerman-EXE continues his habit of vote-hopping to the target of most convenience, you should reconsider everything again.

That would be pretty suspicious of Leafsnail to do something like that, wouldn't it? He's been making a pretty big deal of you being scum. You can't just walk away after making all that rhetoric. But he will. Or he'll try to.

And Jokerman-EXE doesn't give a shit. He'll put his vote wherever. It will be as suspicious and transparent as always.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 05, 2010, 11:58:20 pm »

Fuck you, Jim. You're a tunneling bastard and you're slowly starting to feel the pressure. You've been giving off scum-ass vibes all game and I'm glad someone else has noticed. Unvote Toaster.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39