Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44463 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Night 2: Chilling Disposition [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #390 on: September 03, 2010, 10:14:11 pm »

Day ends on Friday 9 PM Central. 1 Extension Requested.

What? Who?

The only extension request I've seen is Toaster's extension request to extend the former Wednesday deadline.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 3: With Their Backs Turned
« Reply #391 on: September 03, 2010, 10:15:47 pm »

Is it from ScumChat, Wuba?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Night 2: Chilling Disposition [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #392 on: September 03, 2010, 10:16:55 pm »

Day ends on Friday 9 PM Central. 1 Extension Requested.

What? Who?

The only extension request I've seen is Toaster's extension request to extend the former Wednesday deadline.
I thought there was another one made by Leafsnail a little after my first extension...

... Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Is it from ScumChat, Wuba?
Nah. I only accept extensions on the thread.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 03, 2010, 10:24:23 pm »

So...the day ended an hour-and-a-half ago?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 03, 2010, 10:24:46 pm »

Oh, there it is.

I'll submit for an extension too. Leafsnail deserves time to get caught up. Hello, Leafsnail.

This was completely unnecessary, since this was requested after the day had already been extended.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 03, 2010, 10:26:26 pm »

Oh, there it is.

I'll submit for an extension too. Leafsnail deserves time to get caught up. Hello, Leafsnail.

This was completely unnecessary, since this was requested after the day had already been extended.
It was in the Vote Count. You have the ability to shorten, too.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 03, 2010, 10:36:09 pm »

Shorten.

I don't need to discuss anything critical with anybody. All I'd be doing is arguing with Leafsnail some more but since I'm convinced he's scum and he's convinced I'm scum it wouldn't get anywhere and it might as well wait until tomorrow like it would have if the day had ended when I expected it to.

If anybody does need time to discuss things I'll retract this shorten request, of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 03, 2010, 10:51:01 pm »

I'd like to see Person's long post.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 03, 2010, 10:53:13 pm »

Very well. Retract Shorten.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #399 on: September 04, 2010, 02:58:26 am »

Mr.Person why do you think you're tied for the most votes with Lonewolf?

Because me and Lonewolf were crossvoting and another player thought something each of us had done was scummy. Come on, this one was obvious.

SirBayer pretty much summed up why I suspect you. Going after easy lynches, being lazy with your reasons for votes, lurking through milo; this is not your normally strong town game. The only explanation is that you're scum.

You're not going to convince me otherwise at this point, but I'll play along. What makes Lonewolf I scummier than Jokerman-EXE to you right now? I really want to hear this.

Org and ToonyMan were easy lynches because they were acting really scummy. If you had a problem with their lynches, you should of brought it up while they were still alive. You didn't. In fact, you voted for ToonyMan. So don't you dare try and attack me for "going after easy lynches" without first proving my arguments invalid. And it's too late, because even if you did poke a giant hole into my arguments, I couldn't change my vote at this point anyways.

Trust me, I've tried lurking through mylo and lylo before, it never works out for me. But in any case, I just simply haven't had a big bunch of time to make a giant WoT like this one for a few days. Sue me. We can ask for extensions for a reason. If we need em, we need em. No reason to try and rush through the day, it's mylo.

Here's why Lonewolf is scum:

One count of bandwagoning, plus a fairly passive game overall.  Also, abculatter jumped right on to the bandwagon nine posts later with absolutely no explanation, possibly following your lead.

See, this is total crap. Nobody actually thinking through what they post (AKA townies) would even consider doing what Lonewolf has done this game day. He's trying to attack me for bandwagoning without mentioning the content of my post, but you can't do that. Bandwagoning is when you vote for a player without really explaining why you're voting for them. I explained my reasoning. He accepted it at the time. Everybody did. Therefore, I wasn't bandwagoning. If you'd like to prove I'm bandwagoning, you're going to have to get specific posts and point out where I voted without explaining myself. Note that when I originally responded to Lonewolf and thought him scum, this was the only reason I had at the time, and it's more than enough to think he's scum all by itself. These later two came up later, but they're still very valid.

For instance, he has the nerve to try and accuse Abcullater of bandwagoning... and blaming me for it! If he thinks Abcullater was bandwagoning, wouldn't it make more sense for him to vote for Abcullater? Remember that at the time Abcullater wasn't up for replacement. So he's trying to project a scummy action onto me when there's otherwise no basis for that scummy action being my fault. I mean, if we play the "these two players posted close after each other, they must be in cahoots!" game, we'de be spending all our time chasing ghosts. You can't chase scumteams, you have to get players as scum individually.

Furthermore, this is mylo. Game day 3. Lonewolf voted me without explanation, which is completely unacceptable for day 3 mylo. By this point, it should be automatic to explain your reasoning when you vote... or pretty much say anything, in fact.

Here's why Jokerman is scum:

Org is being really freakin' weird and acting almost like a Jester. He might have lost his vote but that's not reason to act like a disturbance. It actually makes me hesitant to say we should kill him.

Scum #2, hello! Did you really just defend Org by saying he could be a fucking jester? Seriously? Ok, let's think about this for a second. Why bother ever lynching since ANYBODY could be a jester? Let's lynch the players that appear to be townies and ignore scummy players! What harm could come from this?

Oh God, you're mistaken. By no means am I defending Org; he's near the top of my picks for who to lynch. I'm saying that the whole situation is really jacked up with him and I see it as a choice: try to deal with that whole huge mess that is Org, or come back to it later after I feel I've hunted other scum down.

He's near the top of your list of scum, yet you don't want to lynch him? I don't understand this at all since it makes no fucking sense. And this STILL doesn't explain why you decided to bring up jesters, which are WIFOM. Only scum bring in WIFOM and make nonsense arguments.

So why did you say this again? Do you think Org is a jester? You never said you thought Org is a jester. Oh, and it's a well known fact Webadict hates jesters. Pretty much all the major mods do. Even BYOR's have had a jester in them only once, and they're known for being silly.
I'm not sure what Org is, so I don't want to try and get into it. As to why I said all this, it's because I was asked for an analysis of the players.

When we're asking for analysis, it's just a fancy way of saying 'who's scum and why?" Jokerman decided to bring in jesters. Now, is anybody stupid enough to think talking about jesters is helpful to the town? Anybody at all?

Mr.Person is being ohmyfreakinggod so goddam verbose. I've never seen so much writing from one person before. Maybe a scumtell, or maybe he's just really excited this round. Hard to tell. I don't want to say he's scum yet, but by no means do I think he's clear.

Being verbose would be a hilariously bad scumtell since you'd be lynching me for doing what everybody's supposed to be doing. But hey, whatever. Ignore me and try and find cookie-cutter scumtells. Ignore the fact that different players have different scumtells. Ignore context. Ignore the content of my posts like my thoughts and actions. Ignore that shit, you've gotta find the scumtells!

And either way, this post was totally useless. You just say "Mr.Person could be scum since he's talking". What purpose does this serve? The only thing I can think of is getting other people to think I'm scum.. but you didn't say you thought I was scum. You said I might be scum. So you're being passive, very scummy of you.

Okay, why are you being so defensive? At no point did I accuse you of being scummy for talking or anything. You're blowing it extremely out of proportion which, as far as I'm concerned, is the scummiest thing you've done so far. Someone asked me what I thought of the current players, and I thought you talked a lot. Period. You're the one turning this into a thing.

Because it IS a thing because it wasn't "just" Jokerman thinking I talk a lot. It was Jokerman thinking I talk a lot and saying that talking a lot MAY be a scum tell. It doesn't take a big leap to connect the dots here and draw the conclusion that I'm scum because I talk a lot. There's no way that Jokerman missed the implication when he made this post. There's no way he missed the implication again when he reread his post. That's just not possible. Jokerman weakly attacked me then tried to cover it up. Both actions are very scummy.

I just wanted to have a more dramatic thing going where I tore apart Lonewolf's defense then voted him, hopefully convincing another player to jump in as well. Sadly, Lonewolf being gone has made that dream not happen. Oh well, Vote Lonewolf
So, not only are you OMGUSing, you admit that you're trying to get me lynched through bandwagoning?

So you admit that all of the reasons you're voting for me are total crap? Then it's not OMGUS since I have a very valid reason to vote you.

And yes, I'm trying to get other people to join in and vote for you. How the fuck ELSE am I supposed to get you lynched, all by myself? You're trying to take something not scummy and turn it into something scummy, which is a scumtell.

Oh shit...

I am in a tough position.

Okay

Mr. Person,Toaster: Lonewolf has essentially confirmed town. The only reason I could see you leaving your vote on him is either because you want to lynch a town (which is scummy) or because you're saving your votes for the last second to stick it to another person (which is also scummy). Why are you two still voting for him?

Mr. Person, out of the both of you, you have been playing a lot more scummy this game.

First off, I fail to see how Lonewolf is confirmed town. What made you think he was?

Second off, even if he WAS confirmed town, you're trying to trap us into an either-or fallacy. Did you ever stop to consider the third option of "Perhaps he hasn't posted since the claim, so perhaps he hasn't seen the damn thing yet"? Or perhaps maybe it's "Lonewolf isn't confirmed town" or "Scummy actions should override roles 100% of the time".

Third, what exactly do you mean "playing a lot more scummy"? I'm not going to let you slide a vote onto me without at least explaining why.

Shorten.

I don't need to discuss anything critical with anybody. All I'd be doing is arguing with Leafsnail some more but since I'm convinced he's scum and he's convinced I'm scum it wouldn't get anywhere and it might as well wait until tomorrow like it would have if the day had ended when I expected it to.

If anybody does need time to discuss things I'll retract this shorten request, of course.

So why did you vote to shorten the day? It's not like we're in a hurry or anything, the only reason to shorten is when the result of the day is obvious and unchangable. I'm ahead by one player vote. That's very mutable, especially since Bandages is voting me based on a mistaken view of how the game works.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 04, 2010, 05:26:53 pm »

Unfortunate fact: I will be gone in about an hour, and will not return until Tuesday. There is some chance that I will have the internet up there, but I'm not counting on it. So be prepared for my absence 'till then.

I'm leaving my vote where it is, because I'm not certain about Mr. Person, but I am certain about Joe.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 04, 2010, 09:25:47 pm »

Bandages:  The more I think about it, the more it bugs me.  How IS Lonewolf confirmed town?  The way I see it, he motivated Jim, which Jim confirmed.  He's pretty much confirmed motivator...

Wait a minute.

Web:  Are the numbers in brackets on the final vote count of the day the actual number of votes a player gets?  If so, can you verify this is correct?

Vote Count
------------------------
Jokerman-EXE - Jim Groovester, [1]
SirBayer - Org, Jokerman-EXE, [1]

Org's nonvote shows, but Jim's motivated vote... doesn't?

This attack's on hold until Web answers, but I still want to know how he's confirmed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 04, 2010, 09:35:48 pm »

Bandages:  The more I think about it, the more it bugs me.  How IS Lonewolf confirmed town?  The way I see it, he motivated Jim, which Jim confirmed.  He's pretty much confirmed motivator...

Wait a minute.

Web:  Are the numbers in brackets on the final vote count of the day the actual number of votes a player gets?  If so, can you verify this is correct?

Vote Count
------------------------

This attack's on hold until Web answers, but I still want to know how he's confirmed.
Ah. That was a mistake. It should read 2 on SirBayer.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 04, 2010, 10:49:40 pm »

Thanks Web.  Anyway...

...he's pretty much confirmed motivator since Jim backed him up.  I totally fail to see how that has any effect on alignment.  They could easily be both scum or both town, or even LW town and Jim scum.  So again, tell me how LW is "essentially confirmed town."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 04, 2010, 10:55:16 pm »

Wait a minute.

Vote Count
------------------------

Ah. That was a mistake. It should read 2 on SirBayer.
Sorry, this should read Jokerman-EXE. Not SirBayer.

Double mix up.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39