Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44441 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 3: With Their Backs Turned [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #360 on: September 01, 2010, 07:07:04 pm »

I can replace if you still need one.

I'll read this hugeass thread tomorrow, now I've caught up on MSPA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 01, 2010, 07:32:53 pm »

Role sent. Go.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 1 : Student Council
« Reply #362 on: September 01, 2010, 07:34:44 pm »

It's not that ToonyMan is tunelling without evidence, it's that he's acting stupid. Key word there is ACTING. He's not actually stupid, he's pretending to be stupid so that people don't suspect him.
Look, Org knows enough to explain himself and generally not be an idiot. Yet for some reason here he is being an idiot. The only reason he'd do so is because he's acting. The only people who would want to act to not get lynched are scum. (And if he is town, lynch his stupid ass until he learns to fucking play the game.)

These look suspiciously exactly the same. SarBeyar pointed this out but he shouldn't have buried it in spoilers.

Yeah, they're the exact same argument, pretty much. So what's wrong with the argument? Is it flawed?

Further, you have yet to vote anybody today.

I find it difficult to believe that you could be town when 1) you vote for two townies that practically lynched themselves for the exact same reason, and 2) you don't find anybody else suspicious enough to vote, especially today during milo.

So leading a mislynch is scummy now? I'd personally find the people doing nothing much scummier than the people leading or even following mislynches.

Also, you're seriously naive if you think I don't have any scum picks. That's an incorrect assumption you made based on the fact I'm not voting, and you know what assuming does. Since you're just going to ask, Lonewolf and Jokerman. Particularly Lonewolf. Course, you are right that I really should be voting, I just wanted to have a more dramatic thing going where I tore apart Lonewolf's defense then voted him, hopefully convincing another player to jump in as well. Sadly, Lonewolf being gone has made that dream not happen. Oh well, Vote Lonewolf
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 01, 2010, 07:37:00 pm »

I'll read this game tomorrow.  However, in the meantime, anyone care to give me an analysis of what's been going on recently?  Concise is fine.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 01, 2010, 08:05:14 pm »

Can we extend a day to let Leafsnail (who said you could change your avatar?) catch up?

D1:  Toony acted crazy and got lynched for it.
D2:  Org acted crazy and got lynched for it.  There was a long back and forth between Person and myself/Bayer.
D3:  Just read this day, it's only 40ish posts.

Leafsnail, since you're here:
Your predecessor spent most of D1 throwing off newtells and being clueless.  Come this post, his tone changes greatly.  Why do you think this is the case?

Besides that, standard questions- who do you suspect and why.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Night 2: Chilling Disposition [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #365 on: September 01, 2010, 09:10:20 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Toaster -
Lonewolf I - Toaster, Mr.Person,
Mr.Person - Lonewolf I, Jim Groovester,
Jim Groovester -
Jokerman-EXE - SirBayer,
abculatter_2 -
SirBayer - Jokerman-EXE,
Bandages -

Not voting - abculatter_2, Bandages,

Day ends on Wednesday 9 PM Central. 1 Extension Requested.

Day Extended to Friday 9 PM Central.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 01, 2010, 09:19:35 pm »

Okay,

Lonewolf, you need to answer your suspicions right now. I will have no qualms in casting the deciding vote on you if you're willing to just say something incredibly scummy then fail to post for the rest of the day.

Mr.Person why do you think you're tied for the most votes with Lonewolf?

Leafsnail when you're done reading the thread, I'd love to know how you feel about each player.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 02, 2010, 11:20:59 am »

These look suspiciously exactly the same. SarBeyar pointed this out but he shouldn't have buried it in spoilers.

>:I

This is a dangerous game we play.

I'll stop if you will.

Roger. XD

(The face was about the "buried in quotes" thing, actually. Although hey it'd be hypocritical of me to say "YOU MUST READ ALL THE SPOILERS OR YOU ARE A BAD PERSON" since I don't do it either.)

Quote from: Jim Groovester
While ignoring the vaguely suspicious buddying I could point out, I gotta say I think I've hit gold. I'll consider the Mr. Person thing, I kinda changed my mind about him after I went at 'im.

And Joe WAS trying to coast through. I grabbed him.

Fuck buddying. We're going to lose if we can't pull our votes together to hit scum.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's milo. We might end up having lylo tomorrow due to vote mechanics, but it's a bad idea to count on that happening.

Roger again. I can accept that.

Hit up Joe with me here. I'm on to something.

I'll submit for an extension too. Leafsnail deserves time to get caught up. Hello, Leafsnail.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 02, 2010, 11:25:35 am »

Further, you have yet to vote anybody today.

I find it difficult to believe that you could be town when 1) you vote for two townies that practically lynched themselves for the exact same reason, and 2) you don't find anybody else suspicious enough to vote, especially today during milo.

So leading a mislynch is scummy now? I'd personally find the people doing nothing much scummier than the people leading or even following mislynches.

Also, you're seriously naive if you think I don't have any scum picks. That's an incorrect assumption you made based on the fact I'm not voting, and you know what assuming does. Since you're just going to ask, Lonewolf and Jokerman. Particularly Lonewolf. Course, you are right that I really should be voting, I just wanted to have a more dramatic thing going where I tore apart Lonewolf's defense then voted him, hopefully convincing another player to jump in as well. Sadly, Lonewolf being gone has made that dream not happen. Oh well, Vote Lonewolf

I who what now.

So uh. Hey, maybe I changed my mind about that whole towny-ship thing. Right here and now.

Since as far as I can tell, you a. only voted when pressured, b. were waiting on a player you knew was inactive without doing any other sort of work, and c. wanted drama. A big flare to consume the attentions of the rest of the town - then either a big "Hurrah!" after you bussed your scumbuddy or the exact same let-down "Awwwww. Well, let's try again!" after you lynched a townie.

Also: Reading into Jim's post, I point out that you only really voted so far on the easy lynches. The loud townies who weren't helping out much. Gee, that's not scummy at all.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 02, 2010, 02:19:09 pm »

SirBayer pretty much summed up why I suspect you. Going after easy lynches, being lazy with your reasons for votes, lurking through milo; this is not your normally strong town game. The only explanation is that you're scum.

You're not going to convince me otherwise at this point, but I'll play along. What makes Lonewolf I scummier than Jokerman-EXE to you right now? I really want to hear this.

I'll read this game tomorrow.  However, in the meantime, anyone care to give me an analysis of what's been going on recently?  Concise is fine.

This is as good as any a time to remind you that I always know when you're scum.

Roger again. I can accept that.

Hit up Joe with me here. I'm on to something.

Oh, I know. Jokerman-EXE is totally scum, too. I'll switch my vote if it guarantees a lynch on Mr. Person or Jokerman-EXE, but I'll wait until the deadline comes to do that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 02, 2010, 06:08:16 pm »

So, to begin.

Anyway.  We need to roleclaim.  FoS on anyone who's trying to push through a mylo lynch without one.

I am an Ice Cream Voter (in case the first post my predecessor made didn't make that completely obvious).  The person I vote for becomes vanilla in the night.

Now, for scumpicks:

Jokerman-EXE, and one of Mr.Person and Jim Groovester.  Day one made me think Jim, day two made me think Mr.Person.  Mr.Person is now far more likely scum with Jokerman-EXE, so he's on my list.

And finally?  Toaster.  Passivity all around.  Activelurking all around.  Posts have been getting longer recently, but with no real content.  Bandages is a similar case, but gut says Toaster.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 02, 2010, 06:42:36 pm »

My money's on Org for scum.  What do you think, Lonewolf?
Org? Nah.  It'll be Bandages. I've a feeling his number finally came up.
Time will tell, I suppose.
Ima go out on a limb and say Jim and Toonyman are his scumbuddies.
Very funny.
Are you blind?  They're clearly trying to distance one another!
They're just making conversation.
Oh, really?  How do you know that?  You must be scum!
RVS is over!  Lonewolf is scum!  He's trying to start a bandwagon on me!

I get to give someone an extra vote at night, to be used the following day.  I forgot to do it N1, and N2 I stuck it on Jim.

Lonewolf, you need to answer your suspicions right now.
And those are what?  Rolefishing, buddying, and WIFOM, all stemming from that one post?  It's MyLo, my friend.  Laying out roles, taking sides, and finding scum is what we need to be doing.  As for the WIFOM, I laid out my reasoning for Jim's being town as clearly as I could.  Some of it is WIFOM, but it's personal WIFOM and rather than trying to confuse town with it, I've chosen my cup, taken a long draught, and am ready for the consequences.

I just wanted to have a more dramatic thing going where I tore apart Lonewolf's defense then voted him, hopefully convincing another player to jump in as well. Sadly, Lonewolf being gone has made that dream not happen. Oh well, Vote Lonewolf
So, not only are you OMGUSing, you admit that you're trying to get me lynched through bandwagoning?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 02, 2010, 07:28:22 pm »

So, to begin.

Spoiler: Snip (click to show/hide)

Anyway.  We need to roleclaim.  FoS on anyone who's trying to push through a mylo lynch without one.

I am an Ice Cream Voter (in case the first post my predecessor made didn't make that completely obvious).  The person I vote for becomes vanilla in the night.

Now, for scumpicks:

Jokerman-EXE, and one of Mr.Person and Jim Groovester.  Day one made me think Jim, day two made me think Mr.Person.  Mr.Person is now far more likely scum with Jokerman-EXE, so he's on my list.

Nice bus.

I'm not going to claim. Not today anyway. I think it's completely unnecessary right now. Mass claims are suppose to help the town make decisions about who is and who is not scum. But we've already made those decisions, all based on very solid evidence. The town would be revealing all its power roles and would gain very little in return.

There's also the small matter that I do not trust you or your motives for asking for the mass claim.

And finally?  Toaster.  Passivity all around.  Activelurking all around.  Posts have been getting longer recently, but with no real content.  Bandages is a similar case, but gut says Toaster.

And what, pray tell, makes you think that? Those are all very broad and general accusations to make, most of which are difficult to prove or disprove.

Tell me, how do Toaster's posts lack content, specifically? How about his most recent post? Does that lack content?

I get to give someone an extra vote at night, to be used the following day.  I forgot to do it N1, and N2 I stuck it on Jim.

I can confirm this. I even figured that it was you who gave it to me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 02, 2010, 09:40:10 pm »

Leafsnail:  Ok, you threw suspicions on me without evidence.  Yes, you could quote my post from earlier about Bandages, but I then backed it up.  So put up or shut up.

Also, you didn't answer me.
Leafsnail, since you're here:
Your predecessor spent most of D1 throwing off newtells and being clueless.  Come this post, his tone changes greatly.  Why do you think this is the case?

Bandages, you're still bugging me.  You hit me hard asking for evidence, and I gave you a truckload.  You... then completely ignored it?  What gives?  Don't think I've forgotten about you.

If anyone is lurking through mylo, it's Jokerman.  He hasn't so much as posted since my attacks, and since I looked back to see his last post, it's been 72 hours.  Web, prod please?  Joker, when you wake up, please explain your reasoning here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You're also extremely hypocritical for lurking while your vote's on a lurker (now replaced).
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 02, 2010, 10:09:52 pm »

Jokerman prodded. But, I dunno. Where is he?!?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39