Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44594 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2010, 05:30:45 pm »

No, I think you are because you're being very passive, defending someone who can defend himself, rolefishing, and also not really attacking anyone.  Do you think Jim is scum?  If so, why aren't you voting him?  If you don't think so, why aren't you finding someone who is?

I'm not defending Bandages, I just don't see his actons as scummy. If I was defending Bandages, I would be trying to convince Jim to not attack Bandages. I didn't vote Jim specifically because that might cause him to lose momentum on his attack of Bandages. That's why you see me as being passive to Jim. Yeah, I am being passive to Jim, but then again, I don't see Jim as being that scummy either. I did find a perceived flaw in Jim's plan, so I asked him about it. He responded, I'm satisfied.

Toaster, please define rolefishing for me. I think we have two very different definitions. I see rolefishing as a player either trying to get a specific player to reveal their role OR trying to get a specific role to reveal their identity. I suppose I fall into my own rolefishing definition when I think about it, but the roles I wanted to reveal themselves are roles that the town wants revealed. You know, like that role that kills anyone voting him/her at the end of the day. And I made no attempt to hide my motivations or who was supposed to reveal themselves, so explain to me how I was acting scummy there.

I'll just drop a vote on Org for obvious rolefishing and retarded acting. You've got no vote, quit trying to rolefish who took it from you. And don't just sit there voting SirBayer but never explaining why. We just lynched ToonyMan for that retarded bullshit, I'm more than willing to do it again if you don't cut this shit out right now.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 23, 2010, 07:20:51 pm »

Org: You're going to have to explain your votes or something. Tossing votes around without explanation is extremely suspicious.

Mr. Person: Besides from Org, who are your top suspects here.

Abculatter: Post soon, please. You still have some questions to answer.

Sir Bayer: Are you lurking, or have you simply forgot about this game?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:29 pm »

I don't have anyone as especially scummy besides Org, but then again, I don't really need anyone else. Can't lynch twice (ok, we can, but we PROBABLY won't be lynching twice.)
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 23, 2010, 07:56:44 pm »

HAHA at Org. HAHA.

Anyway.

Ablacutter, you haven't answered my questions, and it's starting to look like you're going to be a lurker. So I'm going to threaten you one more time. Go back, check my other post. I'll link you if I have to. I want some answers, buddy.
Bayer stole my vote.

Totally, Org. I just like, ate it. And then tomorrow I'll like poop it out on you.

Not really.

Jokerman-EXE: I don't recall you saying anything in a while. What are your suspicions at the moment?

Been watching you and Bandages go at it. At first it seemed like Bandages was being pretty damn scummy, but as it went along I sort of see him more as a newbie and less as obvscum.

This new thing with Bayer/Org bears watching, but other than that I don't have any major suspicions.

Mr.Person, I might have missed it but who do you think is scummier out of Jim/Bandages?

I take hesitant note that you have just said essentially exactly what Jim Groovestar said in the first place. Puppeting is a bad sign for township. And believe me, I know it.

Org:  Why are you not attacking Bayer if you think he is scum?  You didn't even vote him without a comment, like you usually do.

Person:
Which do you think is more likely? According to yourself, they can't both be scum.

At this point he had already voted Bandages and said:
Bandages, you're my top pick for scum

Why are you asking what is obvious?

You then go on to defend Bandages in both your posts today, while attacking gently tapping Jim. 

Further, I missed your subtle rolefishing D1:
It's still best if we just go along like a normal game, but if anybody has a role that needs to be claimed, do so now.

Your actions condemn you, Mr.Person.

So, uh. Way to completely go and ignore Groovestar's suspicion. Which, of course, is suspicious.

Those red letters still carry weight even without the force of a vote behind them.

SirBayer: While I'd love to wait for abculatter_2 to show up so that you can speak again, what are some other thoughts you have about the game so far?

I can't let my scumhunting game get hung up on an absentee, but at the same time I really don't want to let a likely scumbucket escape. I'm not quite sure what the balance should be.

That said, see above. I don't believe either you or Bandages are scum, but that's only for the moment. Loud arguments tend to benefit lurking scum (HEM HEM ABLACUTTER), as we all well know, and I just... didn't see anything terribly scummy there.

That said, your shouting match has earned you a place on the watch-list.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 23, 2010, 09:07:14 pm »

I dont have a vote.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 23, 2010, 09:07:46 pm »

I havent tossed around my votes Bandage. I am not acting stupid Person.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 23, 2010, 10:36:17 pm »

You are being useless. What makes you think SirBayer is scum?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 23, 2010, 11:34:47 pm »

Bayer:  Since Jim's suspicion of me is
irrational paranoia based on very little evidence
...the only responses to that are to ignore it or tell him to put up or shut up.  I chose the former, mostly because I became more concerned with Person while reading the thread over.  If you're so worried about me ignoring Jim, why did you ignore Bandages' comment to you?

Speaking of Person:

Rolefishing:  The act of attempting to discern the roles of other players in the game.  Potentially scummy.

It's not the basis of why I suspect you- it's just one more strike against you.  If you weren't being so passive, I probably would have never mentioned it.  Anyway, I see you're voting Org now for "retarded acting."  Is he retarded, or is he scum?  If you're
more than willing to do it again
...and lynch someone for just being unhelpful rather than scummy, you're putting us that much closer to lylo.

Lonewolf:  After your stellar opening contribution for the day-
Wait, what?  Where?
...you haven't posted anything else.  Care to join the party?

Plus, that got me to read over your D1 material, and I found this gem:

Spoiler: Scum banter (click to show/hide)

These are five consecutive posts.  You hop off your Person vote onto Criptfeind.  Person never responds to you, and you never call him on it.  Person THEN swoops onto Cript, attacking him right after he questions you about your limp attack.  So Person and Lonewolf, who else is your scum buddy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 24, 2010, 03:36:03 am »

Retarded scum. Org's trying to act stupid to squeak by without getting lynched. My best guess is that he saw everybody jumping on ToonyMan for his stupid shit, so he decided that the town obviously wouldn't lynch for the same reason twice. Look, Org knows enough to explain himself and generally not be an idiot. Yet for some reason here he is being an idiot. The only reason he'd do so is because he's acting. The only people who would want to act to not get lynched are scum. (And if he is town, lynch his stupid ass until he learns to fucking play the game.)

As for that stuff at the bottom, well, you're not disputing my argument. I didn't like Criptfeind's response. I asked him a question. I didn't vote him since I only vote once I actually think the player is scum. Are you going to attack me for asking questions?

Oh, but ok. You want to try and find scumteams, which you should know is a very, very bad idea. If you want to prove we're both scum, do so individually and one-at-a-time. I'm not saying "don't attack Lonewolf", by the way, go right on ahead. Just please FFS don't lump me in with whatever he's done to make you think he's scummy. Speaking of which, what HAS Lonewolf done to make you attack him?

@Org: Why are you rolefishing for who took your vote?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 24, 2010, 06:15:29 am »

I might or might not have been given some information from a secret source.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2010, 09:06:28 am »

Person:  I think you're scum on your on merits, which I think I've pointed out enough.  I can restate if you want.  The lower half is directed to Lonewolf, not you.  If I'm wrong about you (not likely) then I'll have to reevaluate my attack on him.  That's why I'm voting you and not him.

However, I can see I need to restate my attack on Lonewolf, so...

Lonewolf:  In my spoilered quoted posts above, why did you drop your attack on Person without any response to it from him?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2010, 01:45:30 pm »

Bayer:  Since Jim's suspicion of me is
irrational paranoia based on very little evidence
...the only responses to that are to ignore it or tell him to put up or shut up.  I chose the former, mostly because I became more concerned with Person while reading the thread over.  If you're so worried about me ignoring Jim, why did you ignore Bandages' comment to you?

Comment...?

OH DERP must've come up while I was posting.

That brings up an interesting point, though. JIM GROOVESTAR: You say you're suspicious of him, but if memory serves right you're not voting for him and you're not pressuring him. Why announce a random suspicion like that and not follow up on it?

Uh, Org. Being secretive is also known as being an asshole. Be straight with us.

Retarded scum. Org's trying to act stupid to squeak by without getting lynched. My best guess is that he saw everybody jumping on ToonyMan for his stupid shit, so he decided that the town obviously wouldn't lynch for the same reason twice. Look, Org knows enough to explain himself and generally not be an idiot. Yet for some reason here he is being an idiot. The only reason he'd do so is because he's acting. The only people who would want to act to not get lynched are scum. (And if he is town, lynch his stupid ass until he learns to fucking play the game.)

As for that stuff at the bottom, well, you're not disputing my argument. I didn't like Criptfeind's response. I asked him a question. I didn't vote him since I only vote once I actually think the player is scum. Are you going to attack me for asking questions?

Oh, but ok. You want to try and find scumteams, which you should know is a very, very bad idea. If you want to prove we're both scum, do so individually and one-at-a-time. I'm not saying "don't attack Lonewolf", by the way, go right on ahead. Just please FFS don't lump me in with whatever he's done to make you think he's scummy. Speaking of which, what HAS Lonewolf done to make you attack him?

You know what I heard there, Mr. Person? "Oh man, please do not accuse me. It is totally okay to accuse Lonewolf, but stick off my back, man!" I see a lot of WIFOM "Org's trying to act stupid to squeak by without getting lynched," for example. Defensiveness as well. A lot of it. Duly noted. If Ablacutter continues to fail to show, I'm coming back to you, Mr. Person. I'll give you time to prepare your thoughts.

SPEAKING OF WHICH: Webadict, I request a prod/replacement for Ablacutter.

And you know what? Changed my mind. You're on the hot-plate now. Unvote Ablacutter, vote Mr. Person. So it's time to do the fun thing that always works but that I hate to do: GO OVER EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER SAID EVER

Spoiler: OH GOD WHY (click to show/hide)

I may have missed one post, but I'm not sure which one I quoted at the top of this post, and I'm too lazy to find out, since I already fished up every single other post you ever made.

So. Mr. Person, you are scum.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2010, 05:57:05 pm »

My vote on Mr. Person was purely random.  Since Cript was the first to give a scummy response to my inquiries, I switched to him and he continued to seem scummy.  Had he at any point successfully defended himself, I would've moved my attention on to Mr. Person.

Seriously?  I've never seen a non-committal Org, and this worries me.  Incomprehensibility, yes, but always direct and unshaking.  If you're going to claim, do it.  Don't just offer up WIFOM.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2010, 07:06:14 pm »

Cant. I dont know who it was, and if it was true.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2010, 07:47:02 pm »

Hmm, that explains a lot, Org. I don't like it at all. Your actions still suck, but at least they now make sense.

So why do you trust the anonymous role info? What exactly did it say?

You know what I heard there, Mr. Person? "Oh man, please do not accuse me. It is totally okay to accuse Lonewolf, but stick off my back, man!" I see a lot of WIFOM "Org's trying to act stupid to squeak by without getting lynched," for example. Defensiveness as well. A lot of it. Duly noted. If Ablacutter continues to fail to show, I'm coming back to you, Mr. Person. I'll give you time to prepare your thoughts.

Do you want me to put "I'm not saying 'don't attack me', by the way, go right on ahead. Just please FFS don't lump Lonewolf in with whatever I've done to make you think I'm scummy." at the end? At what point did I say or even imply don't attack me? And in any case, of course I don't want people to vote for me and attack me and what not. I fail to see how that's scummy.

As for what you call WIFOM, I call it Org running around with a bloody knife. There's one of two scenarios. Either the player is scum trying RiA or the player is town or scum and just simply isn't very good. Either you've lynched good scum, bad scum, or a bad townie. Lynching ToonyMan was ToonyMan's fault. If we lynch Org and he's town, it's his fault. I'm not putting WIFOM into the situation, Org is. My way of killing the WIFOM is to vote the player until they explain themself or die. If they never explain themself, my best guess is that they were bad scum. If they do, they might still be scum, but at least it's possible to determine without any WIFOM.

You have GRAVELY offended my honor, sir.

A complete waste of time. A nonsense post when there was scum-hunting to be done.

Because no one else is doing anything suspicious at this point?

Other than you that is.

Why are you attacking me for "bantering" when It was literally two posts, still practically in RVT at that. And then when I explain it you attacked me for not attacking people. Let me ask you, since you are are obviously looking for any chance to attack people why have you not attacked anyone in the time frame that you said makes it look odd I did not attack anyone?

Why is it that you instantly jump on anybody who DARES to ask you a question? Why are you so paranoid?

Your plan on ending RVS is to wait for somebody else to do something to end it? Brilliant! Now I know others have that opinion, that doesn't make it any better for them. It's not even a scummy thing, it's just fucking retarded.

Ah, a real example of scumhunting. This is, I note, Reply #140. 10 damn pages in. At least four pages of actual game-play before the scum-hunting even starts. And even when you do it, you don't vote for them! So what, throw suspicions, forget about them? Guess who does that. I bet you can't guess.

Scum does that, that's who.

Unlike some other people, I only vote people when I actually think they're scum. I don't generally pressure vote. Well, outside of RVS, of course. This does create a problem when I try and get out of RVS, but I do attempt to add comments into it to move it along. Sadly, I wasn't online for most of RVS, so I was unable to post for it most of it. And in any case, what does this prove, exactly? I was late out of RVS and so must be scum? Please. By that logic, you'd be the scum SirBayer.

I have been waiting for Toony to come and say something so I can attack him more or back off.

And a continued passiveness in your scum-hunting. As far as I can tell, you still haven't voted this guy.

Still didn't think he was scum.

@Criptfeind: You've actually answered my question already. Basically, I wanted to know why you were sitting waiting on ToonyMan to respond after he's already posted. You should of been dragging an answer out of him. The problem is, you did that later. You're giving ToonyMan more slack than he deserves. Anyways, unvote.

So ToonyMan, why are you pretending to scumhunt by tunneling Jim Groovester with useless shit and claim you're helping?

...You're defending Jim now.

You're not actually attacking, you're deflecting. Before you were just being stupid, but this is actually scummy. Any reason you're trying to pass blame on from yourself to Jim and/or Cript?

Mr. Person, how important to the game, do you think, is knowing what everyone's roles are?

I do NOT want to be going along and get a "lol, scum Fib voter, you lose" scenario. On the other hand, it doesn't really matter if we treat every day like lylo except for today and I guess tomorrow. So no, roles aren't important. What does matter is how many votes are floating around each day.

It's still best if we just go along like a normal game, but if anybody has a role that needs to be claimed, do so now.

Oh, okay, perhaps you had voted him? Maybe that was your random vote? I didn't notice that. No wait, you unvoted... nobody in order to vote ToonyMan. That's a little off-color.

However, when you actually do choose someone to vote, it's Toony-Man. Hey, guess who got band-wagoned into oblivion? OH YEAH TOONY-MAN. You're even riding on other people's arguments here. This is ridiculous.

I unvoted my random vote. The one you just quoted, I might add.

How could I ride other people's arguments when Criptfiend's was "insanity" and playing dumb and Jim's was that ToonyMan was tunnelling at expense of everything else. Mine was tunnelling with useless shit and that deflection. Several posts later it changed to RiA.

Yes, ToonyMan got wagon'd. Was I to blame for that? Not really, no. If you're looking to blame someone for who wagon'd ToonyMan, try looking at the people who jumped on ToonyMan's wagon. Surprised you decided to take this method of attacking me for being the 3rd person to vote ToonyMan but whatever.

By passively pointing out perceived scumminess and not explaining your reasoning?
So who are the scum/ who are you questioning to see if they're scum?

Blah blah blah one-liners of little value.

Fuck you, these were very valuable questions. ToonyMan answered them poorly, so I kept my vote. Had he answered differently, I might of reevaluated.

So who are the scum/ who are you questioning to see if they're scum?
Jim and Criptfeind are the most suspicious to me for their actions.

Would you care to explain why?

(Quick aside: In Mafia games, always assume "and why?" is added to the end of every question. I honestly don't care about your scum picks, I really just want to know why you think that way.)

Are you trying... to teach ToonyMan how to play Mafia? I... you realize he knows how to play, right? Just because he doesn't do the smart stuff doesn't mean he doesn't know how.

And this whole "why" thing is just an excuse to ask a meaningless question. ToonyMan has, at this point, explained his suspicions. Stupid suspicions, perhaps, but the answer is sitting right in front of you. You probably knew that. You just wanted something to post.

Why yes, I was in fact teaching ToonyMan how to play mafia. This game taught me that he doesn't seem to know, or at least know how to do it well. It's not that he's not doing the smart stuff, it's that he knows how to do the smart stuff, he knows why to do the smart stuff, and yet here he is failing to do even simple shit like explain his vote.

Why is everyone getting all bitchy when I ask people why they voted the way they did? It's an easy question, just answer it. Sure, I could look back and try and determine it... but why not save myself some time and possibility of an incorrect assumption and just ask why? Or ask again, it might of changed.

Bullshit. You're asking them no questions. You're dropping your attack to defend yourself, a very scummy move.

Blah blah blah what is it with these one-liners? You're not getting anywhere with them. You KNOW you're not getting anywhere with them. You're passing time.

It's quality, not quantity. I could ask 50 shitty questions that tell me nothing or 1 great question that tells me everything I need to know. And I got quite far with the questions I asked, they just kept condemning ToonyMan more and more. Hell, this one wasn't even a question, it was an attack.

Balls out stupid is better than being passive. Being lynched for being aggressive is the fault of the lynchers, not the lynchee.

This is excusable I suppose, since you were talking to Bandages and he is new(?)-ish.

Again, though, a space-filler as far as I'm concerned. You're more interested in answering other people's questions than you are in pursueing your own lack-of-scum-hunting.

Well, considering I wasn't actually scumhunting and more scumkilling ToonyMan, yeah, I wasn't really running around asking questions to everything. I've noticed that I oftentimes vote scum and then unvote them to vote someone else later. I told myself to stop doing that shit, just hold on to my current vote most of the time.

And are you seriously trying to say I'm scum for trying to convince Bandages to be more aggressive? Really? That's like trying to run a smear campaign on a guy who helped an old lady cross the street instead of single-handidly stopping a bank robbery.

It's not that ToonyMan is tunelling without evidence, it's that he's acting stupid. Key word there is ACTING. He's not actually stupid, he's pretending to be stupid so that people don't suspect him.

Then you pop out the WIFOM to again, kill time and excuse your vote. And last time you said no WIFOM - then let me tell you wher eit is. "Gee, ToonyMan wants us to just THINK he's being stupid, so he can get away with being scum!" If that's not WIFOM then I've never heard the damn word.

The WIFOM is not mine, my friend, it was ToonyMan making it. If ToonyMan didn't act stupid, he wouldn't cause WIFOM. Don't like the WIFOM? Do something to break it. ToonyMan never stopped acting retarded, so I concluded he was scum.

WHAT'S THAT I HEAR?

IS THAT SOME WIFOM?

I THINK IT IS

No, I'm pretty resolute that ToonyMan is scum.

Okay. So how about you, y'know, actually respond to the question? Question-dodging is always fun for scumbags.

Actually, I misunderstood what you were accusing me of. After the day ended, I forgot to come back and ask what exactly you meant. But whatever, your answer is in this post.

Dude Jim guy, you can't just shit someone off and not expect back-lash.

Why would you say this? You know it's retarded, you know this shit will get you lynched.

Time filling. No scum-hunting, nothing. Just incredulity. Wasted time.

Again, this is just me attacking ToonyMan some more.

DAY 2:

Furthermore, you've been tossing suspicion on people like Toaster, who've been doing a good job of scum hunting.

Buuuuuuuddying. Buddying hard. How convenient that I suspect you both.

This was important to point out separately.

Which do you think is more likely? According to yourself, they can't both be scum.

Oh, hell yes.

Cool story, bro.

Roughly the same. Criptfeind was not the strongest townie in the game, so nightkilling him was probably a step to use against a more powerful townie that Criptfeind suspected.

Using nightkills as reasons to suspect people rarely works out, since the motivations for the scum team are rarely known for certain.

Furthermore, never discount that the mafia would not go with the obvious course of action. Eliminating direct opposition usually works out very well, since again, nightkills are mostly untraceable.

Why are you trying to WIFOM Bandages? I understand not trying to figure out the mafia nightkills, but that doesn't mean you should actively undermine another player's attempts to do so.

By the way, I don't usually look at night kills and who died. I do in "one of the two is scum" scenarios but not otherwise.

What is it with you and these one-liners?! Put SOME effort into your scum-game. Vote! Act! You're not scumhunting, you're just asking stupid questions!

You'll find the level of activity in my scumgame and towngame to be pretty similar. Well, I'd like to think they're similar, I don't really look at past games that much. If you have evidence to the contrary, please bring it forth. If you don't, how can you compare my towngame and scumgame if you don't have any examples?

And in any event, I only ask questions I think of. I don't have a whole host of them to spew forth, ready to go at any moment. That's not how it works. I also don't tend to flourish posts with things like details or examples, although I do go off on tangents like this one.

Jim. I haven't noticed anything Bandages has done as being scummy.

When someone points out the defensiveness stupidity here, you say...

So you're saying I'm scum because I wanted clarification, I don't think Bandages is scum, and I gently reminded everyone that it's ok to claim alone before MC?

Well, gee. No defensiveness here. For anybody. Wow, this is just crisp and clean and acceptable!

Being defensive isn't scummy. If somebody attacks me with bullshit, I'm going to clear it up.

Oi, pot calling the kettle black. No action, no real questions.

How on earth is asking what Org is thinking NOT a useful question?

@Org: Why are you rolefishing for who took your vote?

So we're playing the EXACT SAME WIFOM game, hmm? "ToonyMan is trying to make us think he's stupid!" "Org is trying to make us think he's stupid!" So you think you can use the SAME EXCUSE TWICE?! (Plus the defensiveness I pointed out before.) Sheesh, man. TRY when you're scum, please.[

I hate to say this, but yes, Org is doing the same shit as ToonyMan, so my argument is pretty much going to be the same.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39