Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44605 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2010, 02:04:19 pm »

What makes you think that? Just because he's laughing at you?

There are several possibilities I can think of. Night Action. Vote from previous day. Votes you placed on the previous day.
Cant be me.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2010, 02:52:19 pm »

So I'll ask you two more questions. The first is this: How many games of mafia have you played? This is not a perfect measure of your experience since it really depends on the person on how fast they pick up how to play mafia, but it should give me a good idea.

I think 3 beginners games. Two were I was lynched first night, one where I was lynched second day I think? I'm in one other game by redwarrior which has... just stopped updating after night one... I'm still not familiar with a lot of the logical arguments that are common in mafia, but I am trying my damn hardest to learn.

The second is this: What made you decide to throw away your caution and vote me? You've been stressing your role as a reason for your reluctance to vote, so why did you decide I was worth it?

It feels to me like you are using some pretty iffy reasoning, and are very set in causing me to fuck up at some point so that everyone will think I'm scum. Anyone who is that set on getting the first person they're suspicious of lynched, enough that they wouldn't even bother questioning anyone else, comes off as pretty scummy. I'm not ready to reveal my role yet, but if you're town and you prove it, my vote won't condemn you. I'm just highly suspicious of your actions.

I'll likewise answer any of your questions, if you point out which ones you want answered. I don't really want to do quote for quote sparring. While fun, there are better ways to go about scum hunting.

Fair enough. It's hard enough organizing the quotes in my posts, especially when I only have like 10 minutes between orientation courses.

As for questions:
Who are your other suspicions and why?
What do you think of Org's general silliness? It's vaguely reminscent of Toony's in a way.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2010, 03:24:20 pm »

So I'll ask you two more questions. The first is this: How many games of mafia have you played? This is not a perfect measure of your experience since it really depends on the person on how fast they pick up how to play mafia, but it should give me a good idea.

I think 3 beginners games. Two were I was lynched first night, one where I was lynched second day I think? I'm in one other game by redwarrior which has... just stopped updating after night one... I'm still not familiar with a lot of the logical arguments that are common in mafia, but I am trying my damn hardest to learn.

Hmm. That's not a lot of experience. I'll unvote you for now; I think you're just new, and not scum.

As for questions:
Who are your other suspicions and why?
What do you think of Org's general silliness? It's vaguely reminscent of Toony's in a way.

I've said repeatedly I suspect Toaster because of a hunch based on very little evidence. Anybody else I haven't been able to get a good read on, because they haven't posted all that much.

About Org: This is pretty standard for Org. Frustratingly reticent. Consistently unhelpful. It'd be nice if he tried to scum hunt once in a while, or gave his suspicions without prompting. Are you reading this, Org? HINT MOTHERFUCKING HINT

Pandarsenic: Are you going to do anything in this game besides complain about how your role is secret?

Jokerman-EXE: I don't recall you saying anything in a while. What are your suspicions at the moment?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2010, 03:43:31 pm »

Jokerman-EXE: I don't recall you saying anything in a while. What are your suspicions at the moment?

Been watching you and Bandages go at it. At first it seemed like Bandages was being pretty damn scummy, but as it went along I sort of see him more as a newbie and less as obvscum.

This new thing with Bayer/Org bears watching, but other than that I don't have any major suspicions.

Mr.Person, I might have missed it but who do you think is scummier out of Jim/Bandages?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2010, 04:32:58 pm »

Jim. I haven't noticed anything Bandages has done as being scummy.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2010, 04:45:39 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
ToonyMan -
Toaster -
Lonewolf I -
Mr.Person -
Jim Groovester - Bandages,
Org -
Jokerman-EXE -
abculatter_2 - SirBayer,
SirBayer -
Bandages - Pandarsenic,
Pandarsenic -

Not voting - Lonewolf I, Toaster, Mr.Person, Org, Jokerman-EXE, abculatter_2, Jim Groovester,

Day ends on Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2010, 07:29:25 pm »

Sir Bayer seems glad that innocents lost a vote.
HINT SMOTHER FUDGING HINT

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2010, 08:26:16 pm »

So just because he's laughing at your situation you think he's scummy?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2010, 08:58:50 pm »

Yeah kinda.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2010, 11:36:53 pm »

Org:  Why are you not attacking Bayer if you think he is scum?  You didn't even vote him without a comment, like you usually do.

Person:
Which do you think is more likely? According to yourself, they can't both be scum.

At this point he had already voted Bandages and said:
Bandages, you're my top pick for scum

Why are you asking what is obvious?

You then go on to defend Bandages in both your posts today, while attacking gently tapping Jim. 

Further, I missed your subtle rolefishing D1:
It's still best if we just go along like a normal game, but if anybody has a role that needs to be claimed, do so now.

Your actions condemn you, Mr.Person.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2010, 12:58:34 am »

So you're saying I'm scum because I wanted clarification, I don't think Bandages is scum, and I gently reminded everyone that it's ok to claim alone before MC?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2010, 10:44:48 am »

No, I think you are because you're being very passive, defending someone who can defend himself, rolefishing, and also not really attacking anyone.  Do you think Jim is scum?  If so, why aren't you voting him?  If you don't think so, why aren't you finding someone who is?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2010, 03:38:06 pm »

My vote means nothing really, other than the implication that I am voting him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2010, 03:46:24 pm »

Those red letters still carry weight even without the force of a vote behind them.

SirBayer: While I'd love to wait for abculatter_2 to show up so that you can speak again, what are some other thoughts you have about the game so far?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2010, 04:31:08 pm »

Bayer.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39