Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44598 times)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2010, 01:19:17 pm »

Bandages, you're my top pick for scum, for extreme passiveness during Day 1. What do you make of Criptfeind being killed? What do the scum gain by killing him?

First of all, I already stated that my passiveness was the byproduct of a role that makes voting around a horrible idea if we want the town to actually live. Ignore the fact that I wasn't throwing votes around like a madman, and I did a fair amount of scumhunting. Not as much as some, but I was definately asking questions.

Now then, Jim Dandy, you certainly were adamant about hounding Toony the enitrety of Day 1. Pressing every chance to nail him as a scum, even though the only thing he could really be accused of is acting silly. Furthermore, you've been tossing suspicion on people like Toaster, who've been doing a good job of scum hunting.

I have two questions for you:
1. Did you have any doubt that ToonyMan was a scum?
2. Why do you think Criptfiend was lynched last night?

Mr. Person, Criptfiend momentarily had some suspicion that you were scum. Why do you think he was night killed?

Abculatter You pointed out (and voted for) Mr. Person's fairly joking response to her being accused as scum, and tried to draw attention to it. Did you kill Criptfiend last night so that Mr. Person would garner some suspicion?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2010, 02:28:31 pm »

First of all, I already stated that my passiveness was the byproduct of a role that makes voting around a horrible idea if we want the town to actually live. Ignore the fact that I wasn't throwing votes around like a madman, and I did a fair amount of scumhunting. Not as much as some, but I was definately asking questions.

Now then, Jim Dandy, you certainly were adamant about hounding Toony the enitrety of Day 1. Pressing every chance to nail him as a scum, even though the only thing he could really be accused of is acting silly. Furthermore, you've been tossing suspicion on people like Toaster, who've been doing a good job of scum hunting.

I don't like your excuses. You don't need to vote hop like a madman to scum hunt, and I find you lacking regardless.

I don't recall hounding ToonyMan all that much. If you remember, he was hounding me all day long. I recall making fun of him through the whole day, but I wasn't on him like he was on me. Misrepresenting facts does not make a good basis for an attack.

Furthermore, you've been tossing suspicion on people like Toaster, who've been doing a good job of scum hunting.

Buuuuuuuddying. Buddying hard. How convenient that I suspect you both.

This was important to point out separately.

I have two questions for you:
1. Did you have any doubt that ToonyMan was a scum?
2. Why do you think Criptfiend was lynched last night?

That's not how this works. You answer my question before you ask me the exact same question. I'll answer your first question, however.

1. No. ToonyMan acted like a spaz, and this got him lynched. There's always the possibility someone is town, but I wasn't going to unvote him just because a little smidgen of doubt, when everything else he was doing was telling me he was scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2010, 04:13:54 pm »

I don't like your excuses. You don't need to vote hop like a madman to scum hunt, and I find you lacking regardless.

Cool story, bro.

I don't recall hounding ToonyMan all that much. If you remember, he was hounding me all day long. I recall making fun of him through the whole day, but I wasn't on him like he was on me. Misrepresenting facts does not make a good basis for an attack.

Cutting him off by the knees every time he tried to make a (albeit awful) point is still considered 'attacking' in my book. In fact, just throwing constant doubt on him would be a great way to get a foolishly acting town lynched easily.

Again, cool story. Your suspicions don't actually mean shit, and you still aren't denying that Toaster has been doing a perfectly good job at scum hunting. And guess what! So have Mr. Person, SirBayer, and Lonewolf. In mafia, buddying should be the least cause for concern.

That's not how this works. You answer my question before you ask me the exact same question. I'll answer your first question, however.

Okay, I think Criptfiend was killed because he was suspicious of Mr.Person and someone wanted to capitilize on that. Of course, that would rule out Mr. Person offing him for the same reason, but it's unlikely that a mafia would do something so obvious.

Your turn!

1. No. ToonyMan acted like a spaz, and this got him lynched. There's always the possibility someone is town, but I wasn't going to unvote him just because a little smidgen of doubt, when everything else he was doing was telling me he was scum.

So acting like a spaz means someone is a scum? I'm not sure I follow. In my experience from mafia games, it's usually an over-eager town who gets themselves flustered and then melts down later who acts like a spaz. It doesn't seem right to cast a vote for someone who you still could consider a town.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2010, 04:52:06 pm »

Bandages, nice WIFOM.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2010, 04:54:13 pm »

Wait, what?  Where?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2010, 04:55:24 pm »

Oh, hell yes.

Cool story, bro.
Again, cool story. Your suspicions don't actually mean shit, and you still aren't denying that Toaster has been doing a perfectly good job at scum hunting. And guess what! So have Mr. Person, SirBayer, and Lonewolf. In mafia, buddying should be the least cause for concern.

Wait, did you just say this? That's ridiculous. Buddying is a perfectly valid scum tell. Especially when you ask weaksauce questions to the guy you think's doing a great job of scum hunting, or otherwise interact with him in a forced manner.

And don't cool story me. Completely ignoring my suspicions would have been a better move, since it would have shown you were not concerned about them, which is a good thing for a town to be. Going out of your way to brush them aside means you're worried and just putting on an unconcerned face.

Cutting him off by the knees every time he tried to make a (albeit awful) point is still considered 'attacking' in my book. In fact, just throwing constant doubt on him would be a great way to get a foolishly acting town lynched easily.
So acting like a spaz means someone is a scum? I'm not sure I follow. In my experience from mafia games, it's usually an over-eager town who gets themselves flustered and then melts down later who acts like a spaz. It doesn't seem right to cast a vote for someone who you still could consider a town.

That's naive. So incredibly naive. I'm not sure if you actually believe this or you're just trying to look good by grabbing the moral highground for ToonyMan's mislynch. Either way, not a favorable position to be in.

Nothing I did got ToonyMan lynched, aside from the vote. That was all ToonyMan. Using ToonyMan flipping town to go after people is a rookie mistake at best, and a scum move at worst. So, which are you?

Okay, I think Criptfiend was killed because he was suspicious of Mr.Person and someone wanted to capitilize on that. Of course, that would rule out Mr. Person offing him for the same reason, but it's unlikely that a mafia would do something so obvious.

Your turn!

Roughly the same. Criptfeind was not the strongest townie in the game, so nightkilling him was probably a step to use against a more powerful townie that Criptfeind suspected.

Using nightkills as reasons to suspect people rarely works out, since the motivations for the scum team are rarely known for certain.

Furthermore, never discount that the mafia would not go with the obvious course of action. Eliminating direct opposition usually works out very well, since again, nightkills are mostly untraceable.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2010, 05:10:57 pm »

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2010, 05:18:42 pm »

Completely ignoring my suspicions would have been a better move, since it would have shown you were not concerned about them, which is a good thing for a town to be. Going out of your way to brush them aside means you're worried and just putting on an unconcerned face.

The first intelligent thing you've said all game.

Jim, how can you possibly say "I did nothing to get Toonyman lynched except for constantly undermining him and voting for him"

That is (and pardon the language) the most retarted thing I've ever heard. More retarted, if not by much, than saying that thinking someone else is doing a good job scumhunting is a scum tell.

Also saying "You are defending yourself, you must be scum!" is also
naive. So incredibly naive.

Show me a single instance where someone has been attacked and chosen not to respond and it hasn't hurt them.

Also, if you stay stupid shit without a point, it is within my full power to call it out in whatever way I see fit.

Oh hell yes.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2010, 01:39:05 am »

Bandages, right now, I'm thinking you're either a rookie or scum or possibly both. You're being pretty aggressive, which is a good thing, and you're not backpedaling at all, which is also a good thing. But you've also got a bunch of silly notions that I don't agree with that could either be you being a rookie or cover for you to operate as scum.

So I'll ask you two more questions. The first is this: How many games of mafia have you played? This is not a perfect measure of your experience since it really depends on the person on how fast they pick up how to play mafia, but it should give me a good idea.

The second is this: What made you decide to throw away your caution and vote me? You've been stressing your role as a reason for your reluctance to vote, so why did you decide I was worth it?

I'll likewise answer any of your questions, if you point out which ones you want answered. I don't really want to do quote for quote sparring. While fun, there are better ways to go about scum hunting.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 22, 2010, 02:01:16 am »

Furthermore, you've been tossing suspicion on people like Toaster, who've been doing a good job of scum hunting.

This was important to point out separately.

Which do you think is more likely? According to yourself, they can't both be scum.

Oh, hell yes.

Cool story, bro.

Roughly the same. Criptfeind was not the strongest townie in the game, so nightkilling him was probably a step to use against a more powerful townie that Criptfeind suspected.

Using nightkills as reasons to suspect people rarely works out, since the motivations for the scum team are rarely known for certain.

Furthermore, never discount that the mafia would not go with the obvious course of action. Eliminating direct opposition usually works out very well, since again, nightkills are mostly untraceable.

Why are you trying to WIFOM Bandages? I understand not trying to figure out the mafia nightkills, but that doesn't mean you should actively undermine another player's attempts to do so.

By the way, I don't usually look at night kills and who died. I do in "one of the two is scum" scenarios but not otherwise.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 22, 2010, 02:17:44 am »

I was speaking from experience when I was talking about speculating about the nightkill. I apparently find myself in a teaching position to Bandages, and I was apparently trying to impart some wisdom. I should probably avoid getting into situations like that in the future.

I'll admit I was inadvertently WIFOMing Bandages, but that wasn't my intent.

Which do you think is more likely? According to yourself, they can't both be scum.

I don't know yet. I'll keep all my options open. Either, or, both, neither.

My suspicion of Toaster is irrational paranoia based on very little evidence, while what I suspect Bandages for is a little bit more concrete. Regardless, I trust my hunches. They're the best tools I have, even if they're not always right.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 22, 2010, 10:07:58 am »

I lost my vote.
Wow.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 22, 2010, 12:52:17 pm »

HAHA at Org. HAHA.

Anyway.

Ablacutter, you haven't answered my questions, and it's starting to look like you're going to be a lurker. So I'm going to threaten you one more time. Go back, check my other post. I'll link you if I have to. I want some answers, buddy.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2010, 01:32:30 pm »

HAHA at Org. HAHA.

Anyway.

Ablacutter, you haven't answered my questions, and it's starting to look like you're going to be a lurker. So I'm going to threaten you one more time. Go back, check my other post. I'll link you if I have to. I want some answers, buddy.
Bayer stole my vote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2010, 01:34:20 pm »

What makes you think that? Just because he's laughing at you?

There are several possibilities I can think of. Night Action. Vote from previous day. Votes you placed on the previous day.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39