Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44475 times)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 3: With Their Backs Turned [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #375 on: September 02, 2010, 11:53:16 pm »

Bandages, you're still bugging me.  You hit me hard asking for evidence, and I gave you a truckload.  You... then completely ignored it?  What gives?  Don't think I've forgotten about you.

Well, I didn't see a need to respond. You provided evidence to your claims, not any more than anyone else has against them, and a lot less scummy. I'm still just waiting for people to respond to my questions >:I why is everyone so flakey.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 3: With Their Backs Turned
« Reply #376 on: September 03, 2010, 01:26:14 am »

I'm here. My bad, gang.

Bayer, I really don't have anything to say to you. Part of the reason I haven't been posting is because I've been trying to think of how to possibly match the level of stupidity you've been putting out. I'm finally going to give up on that and start attacking someone I think is scum. Unvote Bayer.

Toaster, you're just about as retarded as Bayer. Fucking read what I wrote. I did not say that he was scum for talking so much. Jesus titty-fucking Christ, someone asked me what I thought and I said that I thought Mr.Person talks a lot. Then I mentioned that that either means nothing, or it means he might be scum. I DON'T KNOW WHICH.

It was retarded when Bayer said it, but for you to just copy it when it still makes no sense? You're trying to take his argument and slide by with it.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #377 on: September 03, 2010, 08:24:46 am »

Mr.Person is being ohmyfreakinggod so goddam verbose. I've never seen so much writing from one person before. Maybe a scumtell, or maybe he's just really excited this round. Hard to tell. I don't want to say he's scum yet, but by no means do I think he's clear.

You said that he is being "verbose."  You said that that is "Maybe a scumtell."  Then you say "by no means do I think he's clear."  How does that NOT translate into you think he is scummy for talking?  If you didn't think that, you worded it in a very unclear way.  If you think he's scummy for some other reason, what is it?

Bandages: Noted.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 03, 2010, 11:12:20 am »

Anyway.  We need to roleclaim.  FoS on anyone who's trying to push through a mylo lynch without one.

Well well WELL! Hello, scumbucket. How many roleclaims can we draw out when it's totally unnecessary?

Also: Lonewolf's practically a confirmed townie now, and dead as a doornail for it. Good work, Leafy.

Bandages, you're still bugging me.  You hit me hard asking for evidence, and I gave you a truckload.  You... then completely ignored it?  What gives?  Don't think I've forgotten about you.

Well, I didn't see a need to respond. You provided evidence to your claims, not any more than anyone else has against them, and a lot less scummy. I'm still just waiting for people to respond to my questions >:I why is everyone so flakey.

No, no no no bad bad bad man. Do not wait on lurkers. Push them as you can, but always turn your attention to people you can attack. Always, always always.

You're being watched again.

Bayer, I really don't have anything to say to you. Part of the reason I haven't been posting is because I've been trying to think of how to possibly match the level of stupidity you've been putting out. I'm finally going to give up on that and start attacking someone I think is scum. Unvote Bayer.

The level of stupidity? You're accusing me of stupidity? Way to just jump off the vote when you think you're getting nowhere, scumbucket.

Just because you think I'm stupid when we're chatting doesn't a. let you assume that extends to here, or b. allow you to just ignore what I'm saying because you don't like it. My accusations are few, simple, and clear.

Quote from: Joe
Toaster, you're just about as retarded as Bayer. Fucking read what I wrote. I did not say that he was scum for talking so much. Jesus titty-fucking Christ, someone asked me what I thought and I said that I thought Mr.Person talks a lot. Then I mentioned that that either means nothing, or it means he might be scum. I DON'T KNOW WHICH.

It was retarded when Bayer said it, but for you to just copy it when it still makes no sense? You're trying to take his argument and slide by with it.

Oh, he read what you wrote. That's what makes you angry.

Furthermore: Just trying to slip out of the way of my accusations isn't going to save you, Joe. You're on the chopping block.

Well, sort of. Three-way tie on the chopping block. :I
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 03, 2010, 01:12:36 pm »

Can we get a vote count?

Jokerman-EXE, you seem to be falling apart, here. Your lack of composure and lack of acknowledgement to the claims made against you is, if not incredibly scummy, nowhere near helpful towards scumhunting.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Night 2: Chilling Disposition [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #380 on: September 03, 2010, 04:10:24 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Toaster - Jokerman-EXE,
Lonewolf I - Toaster, Mr.Person,
Mr.Person - Lonewolf I, Jim Groovester,
Jim Groovester -
Jokerman-EXE - SirBayer, Leafsnail,
Leafsnail -
SirBayer -
Bandages -

Not voting - Bandages,

Day ends on Friday 9 PM Central. 1 Extension Requested.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 03, 2010, 04:18:02 pm »

Oh shit...

I am in a tough position.

Okay

Mr. Person,Toaster: Lonewolf has essentially confirmed town. The only reason I could see you leaving your vote on him is either because you want to lynch a town (which is scummy) or because you're saving your votes for the last second to stick it to another person (which is also scummy). Why are you two still voting for him?

Mr. Person, out of the both of you, you have been playing a lot more scummy this game.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 03, 2010, 04:23:57 pm »

Before I go anywhere with a fairly long post, let me just clear something up.

Webadict, can the mafia do their kill in addition to other actions?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 03, 2010, 04:26:36 pm »

Before I go anywhere with a fairly long post, let me just clear something up.

Webadict, can the mafia do their kill in addition to other actions?
Yes.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 03, 2010, 07:08:50 pm »

Quote from: Jim Groovester link=topic=58449.msg1534615#msg1534615 date=1283473702
Nice bus.[/quote
Y'see, this is making me think you're scum again.  A passive accusation with nothing to back it up, and no followup.

[quote author=Jim Groovester link=topic=58449.msg1534615#msg1534615 date=1283473702I'm not going to claim. Not today anyway. I think it's completely unnecessary right now. Mass claims are suppose to help the town make decisions about who is and who is not scum. But we've already made those decisions, all based on very solid evidence. The town would be revealing all its power roles and would gain very little in return.

There's also the small matter that I do not trust you or your motives for asking for the mass claim.
Bullshit.  If we lynch town today, we instantly lose.  Unless you're pushing No Lynch, you should be pushing a massclaim.  Heck, even pushing No Lynch today is dumb due to the possibility of mafia voting roles.

[quote author=Jim Groovester link=topic=58449.msg1534615#msg1534615 date=1283473702
And what, pray tell, makes you think that? Those are all very broad and general accusations to make, most of which are difficult to prove or disprove.

Tell me, how do Toaster's posts lack content, specifically? How about his most recent post? Does that lack content?[/quote]
Scumbuddies.  Good to know.  I'll address your point along with Toaster's near identical qualms later.

As a sidenote - "difficult to prove or disprove"?  What?  It's as easy to prove or disprove as any other accusation.

Leafsnail:  Ok, you threw suspicions on me without evidence.  Yes, you could quote my post from earlier about Bandages, but I then backed it up.  So put up or shut up.
Well, if you and your buddy are so worried about the evidence:

Spoiler: Here it is (click to show/hide)

Ok, first to address the post Jim thought was so awesome:
Can we extend a day to let Leafsnail (who said you could change your avatar?) catch up?

D1:  Toony acted crazy and got lynched for it.
D2:  Org acted crazy and got lynched for it.  There was a long back and forth between Person and myself/Bayer.
D3:  Just read this day, it's only 40ish posts.

Leafsnail, since you're here:
Your predecessor spent most of D1 throwing off newtells and being clueless.  Come this post, his tone changes greatly.  Why do you think this is the case?

Besides that, standard questions- who do you suspect and why.
It's really nothing.  I mean, there's nothing wrong with it.  I appreciate the extension, the recap and the "standard questions to ask someone replacing in".  There's just something it's lacking - content.  Or scumhunting of any sort.

Incidentally, I already answered your question - newb being new.  How the heck should I know?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 03, 2010, 07:10:01 pm »

Eh, quoting got broken.  Anyway, unvote.  Vote Toaster.  I'm thinking Jim is his buddy, especially if he keeps obstructing the massclaim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 03, 2010, 08:09:40 pm »

Goodness gracious what a broken post.

That turned out longer than I expected it to be.

To summarize for all you people who don't want to read all of it (I don't blame you), Leafsnail's scum because he's being unreasonable when he knows perfectly well how not to be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 03, 2010, 08:39:33 pm »

Firstly - I'll be away for the weekend.  Secondly -

So the only thing I can do is throw it out there. I can't ask you, "Hey, are you bussing your partner?" since that would never get me a useful answer.
Bullshit and you know it.  If you think someone is scum, you can do a lot more than making supercrap allegations with no backup.  What's more, you know this.

And you're whole "sinking ship" idea is stupid too.  I mean, you're one mislynch away from winning, for chrissake.

Whoa, it's milo? No kidding!

A mass claim at this point is still useless. I've forced mass claims in previous Vote Mafias and it didn't help pick out who was scum.

This is not a game of Paranormal with roleblockers and guards and redirectors and all the other power roles that make it easy to pick out lying scum during a mass claim. We would get everybody's role but we would still be in the same boat as we are now, and would look to the evidence that we are already looking at to make up our minds.
The reason is different.  It's to make sure scum cannot break lylo by hiding their powers up their sleeve till the last moment.  We can also check the confirmed town deaths against the claims and thus guess the setup.

These words are wasted on you because you just want a mass claim so you and your scum buddies can pick out Double Voters and Vote Motivators and any other role that can screw up lylo for you.
There... aren't very many roles that can screw up things for the mafia in this gametype.  Sure, plenty of stuff that can screw it up for town.  Further more... what bad effects would, say, a Double Voter have against a mafia team?

Mmhmm. Two people find your attack lacking and the only explanation is they are scum protecting each other. Yes, that makes sense.
In the same way.  Furthermore, although you expressed doubts about Toaster in the past (which you dropped for no reason) you attack me for having them.  Hmm...?

And hey, didn't you just say that you thought I was scum for the way I threw out passive accusations without anything backing them up? I'm pretty sure you did. Here, let me quote you.
My point is that mine wasn't a passive accusation.

I said he was active lurking (he was) and which posts he was being so in.

I said he was being passive (he was) and which posts he was being so in.

I thus called him out on his bullshit behaviour.

You, on the other hand, throw out "Hey, you're bussing the guy you're attacking!  Nah, I'm not gonna put in any actual evidence for it.  Just a self fulfilling scenario."

It's pretty easy to say somebody's posts lack content, regardless of whether they do or not. And it's easy enough to use it as a justification for a vote. The reason it's difficult to prove or disprove is that if anybody challenges you, well, you can just disagree with them. You'd be lying, of course, but they can't argue with you over a matter of opinion and interpretation.
That applies... to fucking... everything.

Therefore, since I have presented my case for Toaster's early posts having no content, I shall give you your turn.  In the posts of his I quote, where DOES he post content?  When does he attack or scumhunt?

Your evidence is very selective. Almost all of it from Day 1, most of the material and reasons I suspected Toaster at the time. It's disingenuous to suspect Toaster for those reasons while at the same time ignoring all his much more substantial posts during Days 2 and 3.
So... he's passive and in the shadows until someone calls him out on it (or reminds him he's looking scummy).  Then he starts posting properly.

This doesn't seem at all suspicious to you?

And this is another reason I suspect you. You're not being nearly as reasonable as you should be, while you're stubbornly holding onto suspicions that aren't valid but nobody can argue with. A very common scum tactic; it's happened in tons of games and I've even done it myself once or twice.
I still have no idea what you're saying.  You're basically saying "You're wrong" and then declaring "But I can't prove you're wrong".  I'd say the reason you can't argue with the idea that Toaster was active lurking his ass off is because he was active lurking his ass off.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 03, 2010, 09:44:16 pm »

Bandages:  I'm not sure how a motivator claim confirms Lonewolf as town, unless Jim is also town.  Am I missing something here?

However, since I'm leaning toward Jim being town, I will therefore unvote Lonewolf. I don't trust him fully, but I now trust others less.

I'll start off with a role claim, since I think now is the time.  I am a Reactive Voter.  Any ability used against my vote actively or passively fails and disables the ability until the end of next phase.  In other words, don't motivate me Lonewolf.

Leafsnail:  I missed your answer in your first post.  My bad.

Anyway, I'm reading through your evidence on me, and it's clear you've missed some things.  You're pegging me for no votes early on- it's because my RV was on Bayer and it wasn't moving until I got an answer, which came late.  You tell me to vote for the scum regarding my accusation of Person defending Bandages.  I did vote the person I thought scummier- Person.  You comment on me ignoring Jim's attack, when frankly, there was no attack- all he did was say I was suspicious.  Like I said earlier, I chose to ignore it because it was a non-attack.  His weird reason for backing off?  He stopped thinking I was scum.  So weird!

Re my first post to you:  Of course it lacks content.  Did you not read abc's posts?  They didn't have any content either.  I had to post something to get you to talk, and I say it worked.  The reason I asked the question about the changed tone post is because on review, it looks like someone was coaching him, which of course would make him- and therefore you- scum.

So... he's passive and in the shadows until someone calls him out on it (or reminds him he's looking scummy).  Then he starts posting properly.

I don't remember this event.  Please quote it for me.

I'll grant you that I didn't have much in the way of suspicions until Person D2.  That's why I was using my default approach- asking several people questions at once.  It's what I do until I hit something to latch on to.  If you've got a problem with it, oh well.

One last question to you:  Do you think active lurking is worse than passive (not posting) lurking?

My top two scum picks for now are Leafsnail (Reasoning: this post) and Jokerman (Reasoning: reply #355).  Jokerman has been trying to lurk through this game unbothered while others take the heat, and voting me to try to set up a lynch on me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Night 2: Chilling Disposition [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #389 on: September 03, 2010, 09:50:09 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Toaster - Jokerman-EXE, Leafsnail,
Lonewolf I - Mr.Person,
Mr.Person - Lonewolf I, Jim Groovester, Bandages,
Jim Groovester -
Jokerman-EXE - SirBayer,
Leafsnail - Toaster,
SirBayer -
Bandages -

Not voting -

Day ends on Friday 9 PM Central. 1 Extension Requested.

Day Extended to Tuesday 9 PM Central.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39