Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44424 times)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 1 : Student Council
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2010, 01:41:49 pm »

Bandages, how about you list a few of the things people have said where you're not sure if they're joking or if they're dropping scum tells. And be specific. Making general statements and adopting a passive attitude make me think you're scum.

Jim Groovester, I meant the entire strange conversation you and Toony have been having, where it's impossible to tell if Toony really thinks you're scum or if he's employing some bizarre scumhunting technique. Too much joking makes it hard for me to trust my gut feelings, because over the internet, it is incredibly difficult for me to read sarcasm in games like mafia. If you note, I'm still actively participating as much as anyone: Asking questions, answering them, making opinions in my head, worrying about what everyone's roles are. Not to mention, we are still missing two (well, now one I guess, if you consider abculatter_2's post as satisfying in any way) from this game. In conclusion, it is hard for me to tell what is serious or not at this point because the way your and toony's banter that has dominated this game has gotten, and I'm too afraid of roles and missing players to make any concrete judgements yet. Thanks for understanding.

abculatter_2 ... care to elaborate?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 1 : Student Council [REPLACEMENT REQUIRED]
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2010, 01:50:00 pm »

Hmmm.

Well, Bandages, what are your gut feelings then? It doesn't matter if you can't trust them. Or if you say you can't trust them. I want to know.

Who's scum to you? You made a vote in the RVS but you've been treading water since then. Don't you find anyone suspicious?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2010, 02:00:42 pm »

I just don't know what to post, honestly. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention...

Toony seems the most scummy so far, or is just trolling/joking around, though honestly no one has struck me as particurally scummy yet.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2010, 02:04:13 pm »

Well at the moment, the person giving me the most scummy vibes is Toony. I can see his actions this game as a way of being so over-the-top that no one would think he's actually a scum.

Also, Criptfiend was giving off some vibes earlier, but he and Mr. Person's dialogue has resolved some of my suspicions towards him.

You as well have been very active in a lot of arguments so far, but activity does not always mean scum.

Satisfied?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 1 : Student Council
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2010, 02:04:51 pm »

So who are the scum/ who are you questioning to see if they're scum?
Jim and Criptfeind are the most suspicious to me for their actions.

Would you care to explain why?

(Quick aside: In Mafia games, always assume "and why?" is added to the end of every question. I honestly don't care about your scum picks, I really just want to know why you think that way.)
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2010, 02:11:03 pm »

Like Bandages it's a gut feeling, I feel this should be satisfactory.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2010, 02:11:29 pm »

For Day 1.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2010, 02:37:32 pm »

Bullshit. You're asking them no questions. You're dropping your attack to defend yourself, a very scummy move.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2010, 02:42:17 pm »

Satisfied?

More or less.

You still haven't voted anyone since the RVS, and I think you're playing far too passively to be town.

I still suspect you but I have no more questions. Naturally, I'll be watching your actions closely.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2010, 03:14:18 pm »

Satisfied?

More or less.

You still haven't voted anyone since the RVS, and I think you're playing far too passively to be town.

I still suspect you but I have no more questions. Naturally, I'll be watching your actions closely.

Fair enough, but consider this: my voting role might factor into how and why I vote. I don't want to give away any more since I feel like knowing your role is going to be hugely important in this game. But just like you can't trust anyone in a game of mafia, you can't rely on anyone's votes being totally random in this game.

Toonyman Actually, I was saying it was hard for me to trust my gut, and so I listed a few non-condemning-but-still-kinda-suspicious things the people I suspect have done.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2010, 03:20:10 pm »

non-condemning-but-still-kinda-suspicious
This is the purest act of passivity around Bandages, why are you being so passive?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2010, 03:53:05 pm »

Toonyman is being nonsensical.
Yep.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2010, 05:01:05 pm »

Sorry I haven't gotten in to the game. I sort of... forgot I joined anything but Panda's Mafia, and I figured he'd tell me when it began. Won't happen again.

Uh, let me catch up. Been a while since I've played Mafia.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2010, 05:07:35 pm »

non-condemning-but-still-kinda-suspicious
This is the purest act of passivity around Bandages, why are you being so passive?

Anxiety. Every single game I have tried to scumhunt, I have been way too agressive and fucked up then got lynched. I figure just nudging scum into slipping up is better than lurking and much better than going balls-out stupid against someone I have a gut feeling against.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2010, 05:08:39 pm »

Balls out stupid is better than being passive. Being lynched for being aggressive is the fault of the lynchers, not the lynchee.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39