Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Am I missing something? (Strange mood question)  (Read 6204 times)

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Am I missing something? (Strange mood question)
« on: May 29, 2010, 07:29:32 pm »

I got this dwarf who decided to get all secretive, claim a workshop, and start drawing stuff
I just bought everything he needed from the caravan, he still won't pick anything except for the first skeleton he got (13 dog bones)

He has drawings of:
Stacked cloth (I have both silk and plant)
Forest ( I have loads of wood)
Quarry (Loads of stone)
Stacked leather (Loads of leather)
Cut gems (I just cut up some emeralds for him.)
Skeletons (I had dog bones and slaughtered some kittens just to be sure ;) )

Is there anything I'm missing here?  I thought about the new 'length' thing for cloth so I made sure to buy a couple silk/plant cloth to be sure.

Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am I missing something? (Strange mood question)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 07:43:29 pm »

He might be looking for rock blocks instead of rough rock. He might be looking for thread instead of cloth. At least you know he wanted bones not shells. I don't know if the current oddity of "I need rock bars!" translates to the quarry or not.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Fourdots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 07:51:16 pm »

Generally, the different demands are shown in the order that a dwarf is looking for them. So, whatever comes after skeletons (as you say that he's claimed some dog bones) is what he can't find.

Dwarfs may also require specific types of materials, or so I have been told (never seen it, but I've heard it several times); check his likes/dislikes for specific stones and gems he may need.

If you have burrows set up, issues may result from that as well.

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 07:56:39 pm »

He might be looking for rock blocks instead of rough rock. He might be looking for thread instead of cloth.
Ah, forgot to put that in, I bought silk thread and plant thread, multiples, just to be sure.

Well cut gems comes after skeletons so I guess I'll start cutting up gems till he takes one.

Hmph, cat bones weren't good enough, went and grabbed some slugman bones.  Lucky someone 'freed' up some. ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:02:25 pm by clc02 »
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 05:34:37 am »

Hmph, cat bones weren't good enough, went and grabbed some slugman bones.  Lucky someone 'freed' up some. ;)
Wait, what? Slugman bones?
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 10:02:51 am »

Wait, what? Slugman bones?

I thought they didn't HAVE bones?
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 10:37:38 am »

He might need more bones if he still isn't starting. I once had a dwarf demand "Stone, wood, bones". He grabbed granite, elm, and 13 mule bones I had laying around. Slaughtered another mule, and he grabbed those. Ended up killing 16 tame animals to satisfy his bone fetish.

Also make sure to remove him from all burrows, if you have any.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.