Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who else can not wait for 0.31.05? aka Super Excited!  (Read 3596 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: How else can not wait for 0.31.05? aka Super Excited!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 03:02:45 pm »

Hi!

If you are not already excited for the next version, I recommend checking the bug tracker: Toady One has fixed some politically dangerous bugs :) :) :)

Deathworks

It would be better if he fixed Bug Tracker first :P I mean, e-mail sending...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 03:17:48 pm »

I'm using .04 and am unable to resize the window or zoom.

All of the 40d17+ resize features work for me in 3104, though, about 1\3 of the time DF hangs when I maximize the window after starting it for the first time. I have to try ~3 times to get it going properly...
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 11:18:11 pm »

Hi!

If you are not already excited for the next version, I recommend checking the bug tracker: Toady One has fixed some politically dangerous bugs :) :) :)

Deathworks
Hi!
About time....
$FORUM_USER_NAME
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

JohnLukeG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 11:25:20 pm »

Anyone "in the know" want to speculate as to whether .05 will be save game compatible? 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:31 pm »

Anyone "in the know" want to speculate as to whether .05 will be save game compatible?

I would bet three internets and a TV station that it is.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 04:00:42 pm »

Hi!

Deathworks

Indeed, Metal Melting bug and Mayor bug was really annoying to deal with so i am glad those are fixed.

The Soap bug caused some really bad issues too so i am glad that is gone as well.

Refuse will go away all together now when its outside. This was never really an issue for me as my forts tend to only last 10 years.. after that FPS would just drop like a rock..

Hopefully the new version with the merge will allow my to continue my fort for several more years.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who else can not wait for 0.31.05? aka Super Excited!
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 04:03:43 pm »

Due to this thread's title, I suggest we give 0.31.05 the codename "Super Excited".
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 04:11:05 pm »

In my main current fort, the expedition leader died, along with all the appointed nobles.  I can't put into words how much I am looking forward to nobles again. 

You don't realize how useful the manager, broker, and bookkeeper are until they are gone.  I had a bunch of workshops set up for specific dwarves before the manager died; now I can't change them.  And I have no clue how much booze and food I have left or how much what I'm trading is really worth.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 11:15:44 am »

Hi!

Actually, the soap bug is controllable in the current versions: Any soap claimed by the hospital will keep quiet until you have a patient who needs wound cleaning. Only then will the soap be taken from its box in the hospital and be used correctly in the cleaning. An erroneous cancellation message may be spawned between when the patient has been treated and when the hospital notices that there is an unclaimed piece of soap lying around, but as you may guess, that does not turn into spam as the hospital quite quickly grabs what it can get.

So, it is absolutely safe to stock your hospital with soap. Just don't overproduce.

Deathworks

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 11:38:49 am »

Hi!

Actually, the soap bug is controllable in the current versions: Any soap claimed by the hospital will keep quiet until you have a patient who needs wound cleaning. Only then will the soap be taken from its box in the hospital and be used correctly in the cleaning. An erroneous cancellation message may be spawned between when the patient has been treated and when the hospital notices that there is an unclaimed piece of soap lying around, but as you may guess, that does not turn into spam as the hospital quite quickly grabs what it can get.

So, it is absolutely safe to stock your hospital with soap. Just don't overproduce.

Deathworks

There's actually a crash that results from using almost-depleted bars of soap in the hospital, so it's definitely not entirely safe.

zergl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 11:46:50 am »

Hi!

Deathworks

There's actually a crash that results from using almost-depleted bars of soap in the hospital, so it's definitely not entirely safe.
Dammit, beaten. I was just about to hit "post reply" to point that out as well. ;/

And I really hope that toady can squeeze this one in to get fixed for .05 (edit: HAHA, fuck. Beaten by toady posting the .05 thread) since it's a rather hard to anticipate and subsequently work around crash unless you constantly keep an eye on what soap gets used or use no soap at all, but I hate dorfs biting the dust due to infections from improperly cleaned wounds due to the latter.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:48:39 am by zergl »
Pages: 1 [2]