Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164908 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2400 on: May 08, 2011, 03:15:47 pm »

Oh, another thing I forgot. Warwick (next to Nunu) is one of the top-grade tower diving junglers on account of a massive self-heal ability.
Trundle likes to dive too, with super speed and a temporary armor buff.
Did you know pillar of filth's diameter is slightly longer than flash? So if you catch an opponent on the wrong side of pillar and they flash over, they'll still get caught in the slow.

It's very irritating.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: May 08, 2011, 04:50:37 pm »

:(
I just had a game where malz calls mid, then shen and trynd take different lanes, forcing our soraka to lane with one of them, which is kind of stupid when you know they both have no mana and self-heals. (Of course they were completely deaf to whatever i said)
So i (tristana) go with shen and soraka with trynd, and our malz starts feeding like there's no tomorrow. In fact i leveled faster than him, as i was lvl 14 when he was still lvl 12. Too bad the enemy mid (MF) knew what she was doing, because she steamrolled us and despite me pulling multi kills and even an ace when they were about to destroy our nexus, no miracle could save this team.

In fact just looking at them whining in /all and team chats was enough to be convinced they had already lost long before the defeat screen.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: May 08, 2011, 05:28:39 pm »

I actually like laning with a no-mana champion as Soraka. Probably not Shen, but Tryndamere or Kennen work well.

This is because I can spend less time using infuse on both myself and my ally, but I can spare more silence on the enemy (it's a pretty strong harass tool by the way). It can actually make a big deal too because having a clutch silence handy can turn an Annie surprise rape into a reverse double-kill.

I am curious why you didn't lane with Soraka however. Soraka and Tristana together in a lane is very strong. Almost impossible to lose that lane.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 08, 2011, 05:40:04 pm »

Olaf is just retarded if he completes his build. Warwick is a better jungler, but Olaf is a better lategame champ.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: May 08, 2011, 05:42:58 pm »

I am curious why you didn't lane with Soraka however. Soraka and Tristana together in a lane is very strong. Almost impossible to lose that lane.
I just had a game where malz calls mid, then shen and trynd take different lanes, forcing our soraka to lane with one of them, which is kind of stupid when you know they both have no mana and self-heals. (Of course they were completely deaf to whatever i said)

Possibly this?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: May 08, 2011, 06:05:17 pm »

Clearly I am blind. Oh well. My point still stands though.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: May 08, 2011, 06:09:03 pm »

Go go teamcomp.

Is it me, or is tanky dps really the meta?

It can win games even when you are down vastly.

*cough, op nasus, cough.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: May 08, 2011, 06:21:32 pm »

Yeah, they beat carries since they are beefy enough to not require carrying early-mid game and have insane damage potential if they farm up, and it doesn't help that most of them are insanely good farmers.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: May 08, 2011, 08:11:03 pm »

All I know is that with nasus, I take games, sometimes even when enemies are severely fed.

Notably Renekton, in the most recent case.

Though his team failed to follow through on pushing which was a bigger issue.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: May 08, 2011, 08:29:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Like this?

Jarvan is a weird champion. He's certainly a tanky dps, but he plays differently, mostly because he doesn't really need to move to harass people with his Q, and he's not nearly as bursty as irelia or xin zhao, or as mobile as renekton, but he can seriously fuck up teamfights due to having a slow, a knock up effect and a damaging AoE snare.

I'd like to say he's less cheaty then other tanky dps, since he can't just dash to you and throw a combo, but he can continuously wear you down in lane with his Q and then just go in for the kill. If he's paired with someone like amumu, blitzcrank or urgot, he'll turn lane phase into hell for the other team. He leans more toward the tanky side of tanky dps, I don't have much faith in DPS Jarvan, he can just do so much more if he goes tanky.

The drawback is that he can't carry you as hard as xin zhao or irelia, as he doesn't deal as much damage but he'll most certainly survive the teamfight if his team isn't obliterated.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: May 08, 2011, 09:06:12 pm »

I don't get why people still think Ashe is a bad character...

She has a fricken global ult as a ranged DPS. AND SLOWS! How much more do you need?!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: May 08, 2011, 09:35:18 pm »

I don't get why people still think Ashe is a bad character...

She has a fricken global ult as a ranged DPS. AND SLOWS! How much more do you need?!

she doesn't have any anti-squish

All I do is not run infront of ashe at the wrong time, and she's not that deadly.

I also invest in movespeed quints and masteries.

she's pratically squishier than teemo, rofl.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: May 08, 2011, 11:14:29 pm »

Holy Crap.

After all around being a Failure, 8 Deaths and only one kill, I thought that we lost. And then we demolished the other team and I ended the game with 12 Kills.

PRETTY GOOD FOR SOMEONE AS SHITTY AS I.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: May 09, 2011, 12:25:22 am »

New patch preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU0lIAxKITk&feature=

BIIIIIIG big changes.

1. Debuff reduction has been renamed as Tenacity and there are now three items other than Merc Treads that reduce debuff times. Debuffs also include blind and silence. However, debuff reduction does not stack and only counts the highest value. Also, those three new items? They look pretty scary.
2. Shen getting changed. I did always say for months now that Shen's damage is too high for a tank.
3. Jarvan getting nerfed. Not sure why but oh well.
4. Nocturne getting nerfed again. Poor guy.
5. Karthus getting nerfed too. Also no more shorter death timer.
6. GP getting buffed even more. I think he's going to be pretty scary now...
7. Sunfire cape getting nerfed.
8. Wit's end no longer removes mana. :( However, it gives up to bonus 20 MR (means it gives a total of 50MR) based on your attacks. I love this. Will probably become a core item on Warwick and Xin Zhao.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 09, 2011, 12:34:07 am »

New patch preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU0lIAxKITk&feature=player_embedded#at=61

BIIIIIIG big changes.

1. Debuff reduction has been renamed as Tenacity and there are now three items other than Merc Treads that reduce debuff times. Debuffs also include blind and silence. However, debuff reduction does not stack and only counts the highest value. Also, those three new items? They look pretty scary.
2. Shen getting changed. I did always say for months now that Shen's damage is too high for a tank.
3. Jarvan getting nerfed. Not sure why but oh well.
4. Nocturne getting nerfed again. Poor guy.
5. Karthus getting nerfed too. Also no more shorter death timer.
6. GP getting buffed even more. I think he's going to be pretty scary now...
7. Sunfire cape getting nerfed.
8. Wit's end no longer removes mana. :( However, it gives up to bonus 20 MR (means it gives a total of 50MR) based on your attacks. I love this. Will probably become a core item on Warwick and Xin Zhao.

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just when I was buying those exact champions to try to OP my way out of low elo.... Time to farm up for GP though.

On another note. People are idiots. We were winning hard, but I had the 3 cockiest people on my team and they all thought they could 1v5 the other team, BD an inhibitor under their entire team, killed dragon when EVERYONE HAD FULL BUILDS AND SO MUCH MONEY THAT SOME PEOPLE REBUILT THEIR ENTIRE BUILD, and never b'd no matter how much you told them to. Kassadin even tried to ks tank Rumble from his teammates as rumble was reviving from GA with less then half a bar of health left.... He died.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 165