Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164925 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2385 on: May 07, 2011, 05:40:05 pm »

After a string of victories I really have to ask... Is it really so rare to see Lux?

It's like these people have no idea what I can do, and always try the same thing (hurp a derp run through the bushes pro gankers kekeke)  to find themselves rooted to the spot in the shrubbery and then get faceraped by my latemate.

I was up against a Singed and a Lane-Udyr and every 2 minutes their Singed would run into the exact same spot of the bushes, get slowed, snared, auto-attacked, pinged, and auto-attacked, shaving off most of his health. It made me sad to see Singed played so badly. Though this was more terrible player than not knowing my skills. I mean, after the first two or three times it completely failed to work, he should have stopped, but he kept going and got me a kill and two assists off of his stupid corpse.

Also, in another game, had a low-health Tristana standing perfectly still next to their tower. She saw me at the edge of her vision, /danced, and died of spontaneous laser beam to the face.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: May 07, 2011, 06:49:28 pm »

After a long losing stream, and many failed attempts at trying out new character, I found myself in a lane with Galio and Fiddlesticks as Sivir. They died. Often.

By the End I had 13 Kills, 10 Assists and only two death. It's Kind of sad seeing people try to Physically attack Sivir and then Die in seconds, with Sivir coming out of the fight with more health then she went in with.

Do they think that I'm Not a carry?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: May 07, 2011, 09:52:49 pm »

I think you are wrong about WW Dakk. He is an excellent laner since his hungering strike is a great last hit attack (good damage, decent cool down, low mana costs) and, along with every attack, it heals him, which leads to more lane staying power. All of this offers you proper lane control (keeping enemies close to your tower, without being able to attack it) for a good portion of the early game. He is also a great melee harasser since he can jump out of the bushes, take some damage, and heal it with hungering strike.

I don't know how anyone can deny that he is great at jungling. Shaco can only jungle by stacking a bunch of JItBs which leads to pretty slow assaulting. Once he has blue buff WW has almost constant full life.

And while it is true that he only has the one CC ability, no other melee DPS can lock people down as long as he can.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: May 07, 2011, 10:47:38 pm »

I think you are wrong about WW Dakk. 1.He is an excellent laner since his hungering strike is a great last hit attack (good damage, decent cool down, low mana costs) and, along with every attack, it heals him, which leads to more lane staying power. 2.All of this offers you proper lane control (keeping enemies close to your tower, without being able to attack it) for a good portion of the early game. 3.He is also a great melee harasser since he can jump out of the bushes, take some damage, and heal it with hungering strike.

4.I don't know how anyone can deny that he is great at jungling. 5.Shaco can only jungle by stacking a bunch of JItBs which leads to pretty slow assaulting. 6.Once he has blue buff WW has almost constant full life.

7.And while it is true that he only has the one CC ability, no other melee DPS can lock people down as long as he can.

1-The mana cost isn't that great for sustained use unless you invest in mana regen. The cooldown is long compared to most melee Q's cooldowns, also its range is pitifully short.

2-That is not an attribute exclusive to warwick, in fact it has nothing to do with warwick at all, thats just common laning sense. Anyone with half a brain can do that on any champion, unfortunely most dont.

3-I'm pretty sure your Q's heal will be useful after you try to harass any ranged champions (or anyone with a longer range harassment, basicaly everyone else) since you'll have lost half of your health trying to do it, unless said champions are retarded.

4-He's an easy jungler, but not the best one. Olaf and Trundle are faster and better at ganking then he is.

5-Shaco's jungling is harder, but he's faster if you play properly, and much harder to catch. Plus he's far better at invading and ganking then warwick is. Shaco is ready to gank at anytime as long as he has health and mana for it, while Warwick absolutely needs his ultimate to gank, unless you think people will stand around for you to melee them to death.

6-While thats a plus, its not an attribute reserved to warwick. Basicaly any jungler that constantly autoattacks will be able to heal off minions. Warwick is just slightly better at it.

7-"Is that warwick? Okay, lets go after his teamates, once he uses his ulti, stun him, then ignore him while we kill the carries, then just focus him down".

Q is not useful during the whole game either. By late game, AD warwick will prefer to just autoattack and ocasionaly use Q, and magewick is so pathetic you might aswell disregard him.

Also, if you're doing lanewick, consider the fact that you're hurting your entire team doing it, not only because he's much better in the jungle, but also because he'll be stealing XP and gold from champions who actualy need it more because they're overall more useful in the lategame.

I'd rather have almost any well farmed champion in the late game then warwick. What he's going to do in teamfights? Use R, get stunned/knocked up, die? Guardsman Bob is the highest ELO lanewick in NA servers, and he's pretty bad.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: May 08, 2011, 04:42:34 am »

Warwick's jungling is NOT something to laugh at. His clear times and ganking aren't exceptional, but everything else is. His permanent near-max HP gives him excellent jungle control, he can start with Cloth Armor, 2 health pots, and a ward for further control/invasion, and he's fast enough after an initial clear that he can be in and out of an opponent's jungle before they have any idea without wards. Warwick doesn't fear getting caught in the enemy jungle like a lot of other junglers do.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: May 08, 2011, 05:57:29 am »

WW is indeed an awesome jungler.

Shaco faster? I doubt it. WW has an AS boost which is a pretty strong steroid ability when combined with madreds and wriggles. He also jungles the longest, as he has natural lifesteal and a healing ability. less porting back, more gold and exp, more open time for ganking.

When he ganks he has a speed boost and a nice stun that can't be cleaned out of. Other jungles don't have this and people can escape from them with the proper tools.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: May 08, 2011, 07:49:44 am »

Oh, another thing I forgot. Warwick (next to Nunu) is one of the top-grade tower diving junglers on account of a massive self-heal ability.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2392 on: May 08, 2011, 07:53:11 am »

Loads'e people against Dakk and his anti-ww policies :D
But Dakk, WW isn't actually that bad ganker/jungler.

In this list I have some junglers and their abilities which either speed themselves up or slow the enemies down. I don't include pure damage abilities or such.

Warwick has:
  • Suppress
  • A strong movement speed steroid (when champ is low hp)

Shaco has:
  • A passive slow, which can be thrown
  • Blink with short stealth
  • A short fear, but it isn't simple to use (easily avoidable)

Olaf has:
  • Skillshot nuke with moderate slow
  • dat be it, actually.

Nocturne has:
  • Skillshot nuke which leaves a trail. Noct on the trail has MS, AD and ghost effect.
  • Moderate fear
  • Long range targetable dash, which also reduces vision

Nunu has:
  • MS/AS steroid
  • Excellent slowing nuke, plus quite low cd
  • Absolute Zero may be hard to use, but if used correctly it has a strong slow --> more time to bash the enemy

Trundle has:
  • Large AoE spell which increases MS, AS and CC durations on him
  • An AoE slow which also is inpassable
  • Q which has miniscule push forward

Amumu has:
  • Skillshot nuke which moves Amumu to the hit enemy and stuns the enemy for 1 sec
  • large AoE ultimate which snares nearby enemies

Fiddlesticks has:
  • A good fear
  • A blink (with 2 sec channel) which deals large damage in a small AoE

Gragas has:
  • A short cooldown dash which slows enemies
  • Bawwel which deals dmg and knocks back enemies

Irelia has:
  • A dash which deals dmg
  • Ability which either applies a strong slow or a stun

Malphite has:
  • A targetable nuke which steals MS
  • Ultimate which is a moderate/large range dash, which also deals dmg and knocks up enemies

Master Yi has:
  • MS and AS steroid ultimate which refreshes if Yi kills an enemy champ
  • A blink which deals dmg to random nearby enemies

Rammus has:
  • Ability which gives Rammus MS over time, if he hits enemy they are knocked back a little and receive a slow
  • A good taunt

Sion has:
  • A 2 sec stun

Tryndamere has:
  • A dash which deals dmg to units Trynd passes trough
  • A slow (if enemies are facing away of Trynd)

Udyr has:
  • A short stun which also speeds him up when activated

Xin Zhao has:
  • Ability which causes the third attack to knock up the enemy
  • A targetable dash

Shen has:
  • A dash which taunts enemies
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:55:13 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: May 08, 2011, 08:52:20 am »

No Rene love?
I haven't tried him as a jungler but i've seen him jungle a few times to great effect, he has his double dash and a very nice nuke/stun, plus his q heal can be very nice with some fury.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2394 on: May 08, 2011, 08:53:20 am »

No Rene love?
I haven't tried him as a jungler but i've seen him jungle a few times to great effect, he has his double dash and a very nice nuke/stun, plus his q heal can be very nice with some fury.
I'm very unfamiliar with Renekton jungling, I don't think I've seen any jungle so thats why I didn't include him.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: May 08, 2011, 08:55:22 am »

Oh, another thing I forgot. Warwick (next to Nunu) is one of the top-grade tower diving junglers on account of a massive self-heal ability.
Trundle likes to dive too, with super speed and a temporary armor buff.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: May 08, 2011, 09:27:18 am »

Oh, and a giant,

Euuuuuhhhh as a pillar of filth sprouts from the ground.

'fiddlesticks
'*A blink (with 2 sec channel) which deals large damage in a small AoE

I say, fiddlesticks aoe is almost as big as spirit fire. For damaging spells thats about as big as it gets. Well, blitz's silence could be bigger I guess.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:10:38 pm by eerr »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: May 08, 2011, 01:36:24 pm »

Going 1v2 with cho is just awesome. I mean, I wasnt very good, but fun as hell. Nothing quite beats having a fight with the 2 guys, going down to half health, and getting them down to half health, and then just eating a minion wave back to full health, was OOM but they really had no chance of pushing me out of the lane even with a Sion stunning me when I got close to the minions. The silence and knock up really does wonders for getting out of bad situations.

And tanking is really fun. I got caught in the jungle against 3 people, one of them Rene. Everyone just unloaded on me while I was stunned, I barely survived and flashed and ghosted out, and then my teammates showed up and killed them all. Lost the match due to of a good veigar on the enemy team and an Eve and Vlad who werent around. We almost won a 3v4, their Rene stayed alive, and then Eve and Vlad show up and Eve gets killed, yeah.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: May 08, 2011, 02:23:57 pm »

Without noticing 5v5 was down i enter a 3v3 game with swain and cait (and me as vlad) against kat, malph and rene.Swain waders into the bush and gives kat first blood, then gets killed two more times while kat gleefuly walks down to our lane and murders us both without any warning.At this point Swain calls it gg and goes afk, cait follows him leaving me to struggle against a fed kat and her team for some 10 minutes.The worst part is, i come some 50 hp from killing her on several occasions all the while the bastards sit at base and watch.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: May 08, 2011, 02:28:44 pm »

Warwick used to be awesome before, when he could solo dragon at level 4 and baron once he got a razor, but ever since some patch changes, me think you need at least level 5 to solo dragon, and baron is much harder to solo. He's still ok as a jungler, but I'd prefer an olaf or trundle as a jungler in the endgame.

Surely warwick has an easier time jungling, but lategame, what is warwick going to do? Use your ultimate, get stunned, enjoy being ignored while your carries die around you and focused down right after. Have fun trying to stop other jungles in the endgame. Watch as olaf melts your carries by ignoring your CC and melting them with his massive armor penetration, or as trundle uses his ultimate to give him sustained fighting ability, uses his pillar to mess your position and constantly attacks your stats, or Nunu buffing his phisical carry friends while slowing people down and causing massive AoE damage and slow with his ultimate, or as Amumu shuts off your whole team giving decent time for his carries and mages beat on your team with massive AoE, all while doing damage over time with his aura.

While they all do that, warwick is relegated to autoattacking people and using Q once his ultimate is shut off. However, if the game has reached this point, you have not played warwick well. Warwick needs to take dragon everytime its up to give his team a clear xp and gold advantage, all while warding the map.

Did I mention nothing's more hilarious then have a warwick ult someone with banshee's veil passive on?

Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 165