Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164985 times)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2340 on: May 04, 2011, 11:28:32 pm »

Speed is life.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 04, 2011, 11:50:52 pm »

Am I wrong, in late game for selling my boots, and replacing with some form of anti death item, ie guardian angel/warmogs?
I started doing this a few games ago and it seems to really help.

I would say ONLY in the very end of the game when preparing for a final charge to or defense of the nexus, with no intentions whatsoever of turning back, and relying entirely on brute force.  In this situation, your team can afford to be slow if they are also an unapproachable block of damage.  I've seen it work on, say, Anivia, who just destroys anyone who comes close.  It doesn't matter at that point if she's slow if no one can come near her.

In any other situation, you're just going to get kited to hell and back.  Mobility is incredibly important.  Why do you think flash is so powerful?  The importance of being able to be in the right place at the right time cannot be understated.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: May 05, 2011, 01:02:14 am »

Yeah, selling your boots is a very "No turning back" choice.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: May 05, 2011, 02:14:39 am »

Speed is life.

IM KARTHUS I HAVE NO SPEED, NOR AM I ALIVE.

WOE IS ME.

anyways, the selling of boots for a guardian angel/ warmog, reall helps the survivability/ killing of enemy team later in the game.

And yea this is a end game deal, since i usually sell them when i have all my other items and have all 6 slots filled, and the boots are the cheapest thing to go.

Also, is it me or is late game Karthus, able to do over 1000 damage per second?

for some reason my lay wastes do way more than they say they do in the ability description (i think it says something like 220 dmg combined with ability power, but i regularly see them do 400+, with a wall of pain ive hit like 550+. its so hilarious to hit a Ashe with 3 of these or 4 and kill her outright.

then the Aura does about 200 dps per second late game

then my regular attack can do 184 dps late game as well.

so not exactly 1000 dps, but my god.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:18:49 am by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: May 05, 2011, 02:33:19 am »

Just had an excellent set of two games with Sona. First one was a bit rocky, as it had been my first time with her, but it went quickly enough due to two enemies ragequitting. Second game however was a blast of fun back and forth, ending with our side winning and me at 2/2/16.

She has a bit of an uphill battle at the beginning of the game, but both times, after I've grabbed a Chalice, things have proven to be much smoother. Think I'm gonna work torwards the IP to pick her up, she's alot more fun than Soraka.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: May 05, 2011, 03:47:12 am »

Check out this custom client:
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=358

short summary

small client (~900mb)
    high performance (even at high details)
    merging US + EU client (you're able to play on US & EU)
    many modifications / tools to use
    lots of bugfixes and optimizations
    live support (via Teamspeak and/or Teamviewer)
    often updates

currently available addons / features

configuration of the language and server settings (ACE Content Manager)
    editor for the in-game interface (skinLoL)
    editor for the recommended items (Yaric)
    creation and re-apply of mastery templates (Mastery Manager)
    adjustment of the in-game HP bars for colorblind people (ACE colorblind mod)
    broadcasting of "miss bot", "miss mid" etc. via hotkey (Hotkey Manager)
    automatic performance optimizations while playing (ACE KeepAlive Guard)

I haven't tried it, as I don't really see the point. All I need in my client is the mastery manager and I already have that. But maybe you guys might be interested.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: May 05, 2011, 03:52:21 am »

Journier, do try to learn your abilities. >_< Lay Waste does double damage if it hits only one target. It's an important thing to know to be good with him.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 05, 2011, 09:34:36 am »

Just had a game with an Akali that fed a Kat mid, and then ragequit. Of the 2 that were left, 1 got half as many kills as deaths, and the other 10 times less. And the other 2 were about even on kills and deaths. Who were the 2 that didnt get kills? Renekton and Nocturne. Who were those who went even? Sona and Zilean, 2 supports.

And having a fed Kat running around makes clairvoyance really valuable.
I also learned that a Sion + Trynda lane is really hard. Trynda has ridicilous damage, and Sion makes you stand still while Trynda turns you into sausage, if you manage to survive the initial stun, then you can CC trynda and kill him though.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 05, 2011, 11:12:00 am »

It's really fun seeing all these rather bad Renektons running around, now i'm not saying im ace with him or anything but i'm usually much much better than the enemy one, and most of the time we don't have a tank so i have to play a tank/carry for the entire team, usually works out great, i slice in mutilate one or two of them while they focus me down, then after i die the ones that survived are curbstomped by the rest of my pretty intact team ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: May 05, 2011, 12:10:01 pm »

Is the gameplay anything comparable to a Faction vs Faction match in Guild Wars?  I've never played DotA so I can't compare it to that.  It just seems that way from what I've read.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #2350 on: May 05, 2011, 12:17:19 pm »

Very, very broadly. The mechanics of lanes and pushing really aren't anything like any non-DotA-like game, but you could compare it to alliance wars in that gameplay is objective-based, and killing opposing players is important but secondary to actually winning.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 05, 2011, 12:25:36 pm »

It was the first thing I thought about when I read about the minions/turrets/nexus (warriors, archers, guildmaster.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 05, 2011, 01:34:35 pm »

just had the best game ever, where our team led in kills but never pushed a single tower down, and would regularly die broken up since they would never group together for a team fight. I had like 3-1 kd ratio until the end when i was killing myself to save towers in the base, and would usually get 1-3 kills for doing it, since everyone loves to try to gank karthus around a tower. heheheh.

of course we lost that game with like 45-35 or something kills to theirs. whole game we had them beat on kills and gold and fail team work made the game just sad :/
christ i hate pub teammates.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:38:51 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 05, 2011, 02:24:42 pm »

Do you know what is hell? Like literal hell?

As far as I see it now, its an Alistair+Corki lane. Both level 30 and piggybacked to the lower levels by queueing with a level 1. As expected the level 1 got constantly killed. And as expected, both me and my laning partner got absolutely decimated. Try getting anything done when Alistair can take absolutely anything you throw at him and then throw you at Corki and Corki can instakill you. I mean I died in a freaking split-second when alistair caught me, and towers were absolutely inefectual. Literally against the turret? You dead anyway. I spent the entire game building defense to not get instakilled by Corki. It didnt work.

Why do I keep getting the lane against level 30s?! And why do I keep getting these asshole teammates. A miss fortune came bot, got instakilled by Corki, and then proceeded to scream at Xin(my laning partner) for not helping her in the 2 goddamn seconds she was alive.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: May 05, 2011, 02:37:15 pm »

Do you know what is hell? Like literal hell?

As far as I see it now, its an Alistair+Corki lane. Both level 30 and piggybacked to the lower levels by queueing with a level 1. As expected the level 1 got constantly killed. And as expected, both me and my laning partner got absolutely decimated. Try getting anything done when Alistair can take absolutely anything you throw at him and then throw you at Corki and Corki can instakill you. I mean I died in a freaking split-second when alistair caught me, and towers were absolutely inefectual. Literally against the turret? You dead anyway. I spent the entire game building defense to not get instakilled by Corki. It didnt work.

Why do I keep getting the lane against level 30s?! And why do I keep getting these asshole teammates. A miss fortune came bot, got instakilled by Corki, and then proceeded to scream at Xin(my laning partner) for not helping her in the 2 goddamn seconds she was alive.

Matchmaking is very screwy until you hit level 30 and establish some consistency in your play. Then the game mostly places you with completely normal people against other normal people. Under level 30 if you play too well the game detects you as a smurf. And I'm pretty sure you can't piggyback lower, only higher. 
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 165