Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165010 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2310 on: May 03, 2011, 04:19:50 pm »

Umiman, post the replay so someone can make a video of it set to an RPG's boss theme.
Can't. :(

Lol Replay doesn't work with the new client.

It does for me.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 03, 2011, 04:22:34 pm »

What the hell, this is a pretty big patch. Just how big are the client files anyway?

EDIT: Oh, it seems Riot is finally developing its own replay system, and they had to update the patcher so it doesn't break with every new game patch.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=713514
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:26:05 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 03, 2011, 04:28:54 pm »

What the hell, this is a pretty big patch. Just how big are the client files anyway?

EDIT: Oh, it seems Riot is finally developing its own replay system, and they had to update the patcher so it doesn't break with every new game patch.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=713514

Yeah, and actually with the new patcher the whole file structure is changed, so it's basically taking every individual file and packing it into an archive. Seperate archives for different versions will be run in the future for the replay system. It actually also improves loading times. They first made this change with the beta patcher.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 03, 2011, 04:33:56 pm »

There must be tons of people patching at the moment, or the client hates me, since its patching at 1/10 of my download speed.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2314 on: May 03, 2011, 10:50:05 pm »

I had already updated to the beta patcher :P

I'm really looking forward to those replays though. I want to show off Urgot fun. Though being able to watch professional level tournaments would be cool too.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #2315 on: May 03, 2011, 11:16:49 pm »

I think I like Karma. She's all kinds of fun to play.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: May 04, 2011, 12:30:23 am »

Though being able to watch professional level tournaments would be cool too.
You mean like those you can already watch now?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: May 04, 2011, 01:23:37 am »

Though being able to watch professional level tournaments would be cool too.
You mean like those you can already watch now?

Will there be a faster, easier way than youtube, without having to download lolplayer?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: May 04, 2011, 01:56:03 am »

<--- no idea what people are talking about.

regardless, I'm now reminded of basic things which I'd forgotten ages ago.

Turrets deal physical damage, and loose armour when opposing minions are nearby.

They also gain damage and attack speed  while attacking, like guinsoo's for turrets.

Oh hey, the patch is almost done.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: May 04, 2011, 07:05:17 am »

Actually it was gaining AS and damage while in presence of an allied champion, but they removed that.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: May 04, 2011, 09:05:55 am »

I just had some dude call me a newb cause I dont have 100 wins at level 21. I have 89 wins and 63 losses, do I need a goddamn 3/1 win ratio to please people?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: May 04, 2011, 11:41:39 am »

I just had some dude call me a newb cause I dont have 100 wins at level 21. I have 89 wins and 63 losses, do I need a goddamn 3/1 win ratio to please people?

Nah, but it's true that at lvl 21 most people are "newbs", at least compared to decent lvl 30 players. When i play with lvl 2x friends, i can tell the skill difference, but it's ok, i was the same at this level.

And no matter what you do, people WILL rage at you for their failures, so don't pay attention to them, except if they're giving sound advice.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:43:48 am by Sirian »

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #2322 on: May 04, 2011, 12:05:17 pm »

It seems like so many games I play end up going very poorly for the first twenty-five minutes or so, and then turning around after that. For instance:

I played one game as Ryze where I sort of fed Brand a bit mid. At 25 minutes or so, we were down four turrets (outers, inner mid) to their one, and they were ahead about 2-1 in kills. By then, though, we'd managed to farm enough to be effective, and we started winning team fights, and at 50 minutes in we got their nexus.

That does lead me to a question, though: I got seriously harassed against Brand, partly because I couldn't dodge anything that day, but mostly because his skillshots had a much longer range than my targeted abilities. Assuming I can dodge, what sorts of things can I do to harass someone with longer range than me?

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: May 04, 2011, 12:52:55 pm »

I was listening to Pandora radio and just as both teams were engaging in middle, Navras - Juno Reactor came on. I proceeded to totally dig it and kick everyone's ass, and by the end of the game I was 19/0/14.

I love Lux so much.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:55:49 pm by debvon »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: May 04, 2011, 01:07:49 pm »

@Fishbreath
Caster duels are like that. The one with the biggest range or most CC usualy wins. You can do something he can't though, which is outlast him in lane. As Ryze gets more money and levels, he becomes increasingly harder for enemy casters to fight, because he can gain both damage and survivability from items like banshee's veil, that one item which will mess up most caster's combos, including Brand. You can't, however, beat Brand early on, at least not reliably. His range is superior and he can use his E Q W (+R) combo on you before you get him in range.

You should try to outfarm him in lane so you can get your stuff faster. Try to get a teamate to gank him, preferably someone with a stun so you can unleash your full combo on him. You could try to out-harass him since your cooldowns are shorter, but you lack some power early on compared to him, so that might just not work.
Ryze's early game is a bit meh, but he becomes good considerably faster then most casters, plus he's pretty tanky since you get alot of power and survivability from frozen heart, rod of ages and banshee's veil.

Pretty general tips. Don't play casters that much, even though I have played both more then once.

Also, one more general tip: if you're having trouble surviving in the early game, consider getting a catalyst as your first non-boot item instead of a tear of the goddess. If you play somewhat safe, that item lets you basicaly sit in lane and never have to go back, even if you get harassed some times, so you can focus on getting CS.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:13:35 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 165