Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165118 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2265 on: May 02, 2011, 03:30:28 am »

I forgot how AMAZING playing Cho is.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: May 02, 2011, 04:58:40 am »

I just witnessed the most embarrassing victory ever.

I was in a team of Ashe(me), MF, Kat, Singed and Tryn against Annie, Ashe, Cho, Blitz and Eve.

Tryn sucked balls. He was attempting to jungle without smite, and took Brawler's Gloves and two potions as his first items. Singed DCed about 5 minutes in, and Tryn was only really present for half of the game, and any teamfight he was in he died pretty quickly.

It was 3 Carries Vs The World, basically, and we were nowhere near the point of the game where that might be feasible on DPS and good reactions alone. But... we held out. We won teamfights. We ganked them. I used my Ult to great effect, at one point smacking Cho about to kill our tower and getting him killed by it, as well as picking off their wounded team members as they fled team fights.

Eventually, we gave up because while it was obvious they weren't about to win any time soon, we were never going to win at all. Oh, but us three carries? We had more kills combined than their entire team. The only reason they won was because it was a 3v4.5, otherwise we would have likely steamrolled them.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: May 02, 2011, 06:26:12 am »

Tried Solo Queue Ranked, as the ladders reset today. And man, how absolutely right people are about the players. Brand who never said a word in champion select, just took his champ even when we already had Veigar and only started talking to say how much our team sucked. Warwick who claimed he was jungling, but apparently didn't even know what smite was. And instead of ganking, he just walked from base to the lane turret, started pinging the opponents and pushed the lane. His jungle build was Berserker's Greaves and a Phantom Dancer. He also took over my lane and pushed himself to death five times until he AFKed for 5 minutes and then left.

Solo Queue is fun!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:28:20 am by LASD »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: May 02, 2011, 06:43:42 am »

Solo Queuing is a gamble with very bad odds. But sometimes, some precious few times, you find 4 other people who know what they're doing, aren't dicks, and have a great time.

Of course, if your opponents are dicks, that makes it so much the sweeter.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: May 02, 2011, 07:04:37 am »

To be fair, games that don't feature shitty players tend to be quite boring. Especially games where the skill levels of both teams are perfectly matched. Nothing happens. Constant stalemate.

But for all intents and purposes, the matchmaking in this game is nothing more than a slot machine designed to screw 5 people over at a time.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: May 02, 2011, 07:27:12 am »

Boring?

Seriously, I havent gotten a full build for freaking ages. Everythings over in 20 minutes. Laning ends with 1 team totally fed, 1 teamfight and the losing team surrenders. I would take a stalemate over this stuff.

EDIT: Had a nice 50 or so minute match. Awesome back and forth. Started off with their team winning, then we managed to get the upper hand, but then their team got us down to one nexus tower, after which we had a really good engagement and managed to take them all down and win the match. Havent had such a good one in a long time. Also managed to fully utilize zils ult, used it every time it was up and was constantly oom from hasting and slowing and bombing and reviving. And got good use out of clairvoyance.

EDIT2: Apparently got 436 IP from that game. Had a boost and first win of the day, but thats still a lot.

EDIT3: I had a match I would have expected to lose sooner. Their team had 3 level 30s and ours had 1. https://rapidshare.com/files/460257466/Gaem.lrf I dont know how entertaining it is, but Im quite happy with the fact that I managed to stealth push a tower down.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:12:53 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #2271 on: May 02, 2011, 11:19:12 am »

...1 teamfight and the losing team surrenders. I would take a stalemate over this stuff.

I hate it when this happens. I play a lot of non-ranked games with friends of mine, and we'll get pushed pretty hard during laning--usually losing a tower or three, and sometimes going down pretty far on kills. Then we'll manage to put one nice two-axis team attack together, and at twenty-five minutes, despite being up big on towers and up on kills, we'll get them all because they're not quite in position. Then they'll surrender, and I find that kind of win really, really unsatisfying.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: May 02, 2011, 12:36:10 pm »

So a game is starting, our full AP singed is insisting on getting mid.The enemy team? Karthus, Teemo, Irelia, Tyrind and Singed, i have a feeling this will be fun.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: May 02, 2011, 01:36:43 pm »

So ive been trying to exchange clarity for clairvoyance, and you know what? Im loving it. I am still running out of mana from being used to clarity, but clairvoyance is just really useful when there are junglers or just people ganking, just drop it in the brush and you got your answer whetever someones there or not. Just had a moment where a trundle was going to gank mid and I caught him right before getting to the brush.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: May 02, 2011, 02:30:12 pm »

So ive been trying to exchange clarity for clairvoyance, and you know what? Im loving it. I am still running out of mana from being used to clarity, but clairvoyance is just really useful when there are junglers or just people ganking, just drop it in the brush and you got your answer whetever someones there or not. Just had a moment where a trundle was going to gank mid and I caught him right before getting to the brush.
The moment you have a full set of mana regen per 5 runes, you will never use clarity again.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #2275 on: May 02, 2011, 02:40:37 pm »

If you're against a team that ganks a lot from lanes, sometimes you can use Clairvoyance to scare them back right after they leave.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: May 02, 2011, 02:57:56 pm »

That sounds hilarious.

I dont get the people that play carries. The abilities of supports are simply too awesome for screwing with the enemy team, revive your guys with Zil, split the enemy team in half with Janna. So are tanks too, throw people in the air with Cho and silence the squshy mages, who now cant do anything, taunt the enemy carries with Rammus so they kill themselves and so on...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: May 02, 2011, 03:06:08 pm »

The problem with playing tanks and carries supports is that you have to rely on your team to not be retarded and do their part after you've done yours, no point in splitting the enemy team if your team focuses the tank instead of the squishies, no point in taunting their carry if your team will go derp and run away.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:22:00 pm by Jopax »
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: May 02, 2011, 03:12:27 pm »

But carries can eh, actualy carry their team if fed enough, while tanks can just try to cripple the enemy team and get their attention during teamfights and hope the team will do something useful, like attacking the carry I just stunned/slowed/shut off instead of going to the one guy with an awesome escape ability or the enemy tank.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: May 02, 2011, 03:21:41 pm »

Oh, damn didn't mean to write carry, meant to saysupports X)
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 165