Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165151 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2220 on: April 29, 2011, 02:20:02 pm »

Found another nice Xin Zhao build. This one is exclusively for messing up AP burst caster teams.
Code: [Select]
Start with regrowth pendant and pot. Buy boots 1. Depending on gold, either complete sheen or get parts of warmog. Boots 2. Get warmog. Get atmas.
I will use this build if the team is facing 2 - 3 heavy bursters like Ryze, Annie, Anivia, etc.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 29, 2011, 02:40:07 pm »

Losing too much time on sheen. Xin already does decent burst damage with a charged Q + W + E, if you really wanna do that build, go after warmogs and get sheen later if you want.

Sheen is a non standard item on Xin Zhao, not because its bad but because its simply not needed. Even with his ultimate's buff he needs tanky items so he can jump into the enemy team and use his ulti mate followed with a W buffed Q. My usual build is Doran's shield, either mercs or zerk boots, then follow with Banshee's, sunfire and black cleaver, in the order that's most appropriate. If the team is caster heavy I pick banshee's, if they have some hard AD I go sunfire, or black cleaver if I'm having an easy time.

If the game drags for a loooooong time, I might consider getting trinity force for all the stats and improved sheen proc, but sheen itself is not that great of an item on xin.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2222 on: April 29, 2011, 02:41:44 pm »

Found another nice Xin Zhao build. This one is exclusively for messing up AP burst caster teams.
Start with regrowth pendant and pot. Buy boots 1. Depending on gold, either complete sheen or get parts of warmog. Boots 2. Get warmog. Get atmas.
I will use this build if the team is facing 2 - 3 heavy bursters like Ryze, Annie, Anivia, etc.

Malzahar says "Hi, welcome and thank you for choosing those items"
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 29, 2011, 02:46:28 pm »

And that. Put it under tanky fellow with no magic resist, ulti.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:48:47 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 29, 2011, 03:12:37 pm »

Bordellimies, do I have to post obvious counters to your build as well? Double Warmogs Mundo perhaps?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2225 on: April 29, 2011, 03:39:28 pm »

Bordellimies, do I have to post obvious counters to your build as well? Double Warmogs Mundo perhaps?
Mundo uses DoubleMogs as he pleases.
But usually when they don't buy Bloodrazors or have stuff like Null Zones.
If they have them, Mundo buys only 1 Warmog.

Also, I found a funny bug. Was getting my "first win of the day"-bonus in Co.Op vs AI, and picked Nocturne. I ulted the bot ashe who was in her spawn, thinking that I most likely die the moment I hit her. She was standing in middle of her shrine.
What happened was, I hit her with my ulti. I hit her with my basic attack. I left the shrine.
Got attacked by the tower only once I was at the border of the shrine.

Reaction time for the Shrine-Tower: Slow.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 29, 2011, 03:53:50 pm »

Had an interesting game lastnight where we faced a super-fed shen/xin combo.  They roamed the map as a pair and could take on our entire team just the two of them.  But for some reason they totally failed at pushing and the game dragged out.  Eventually I had Warmogs/Spirit Visage/Mercury Treads/Randuin's Omen/Sunfire.  At that point, I started stomping them, even though their team was nearly 30 kills ahead of us.  Xin even had two bloodthirsters and couldn't kill me.  We won after 1 hr 6 min, thanks to Poppy backdooring their towers while they failed over and over again to push against me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2227 on: April 29, 2011, 03:59:00 pm »

Had an interesting game lastnight where we faced a super-fed shen/xin combo.  They roamed the map as a pair and could take on our entire team just the two of them.  But for some reason they totally failed at pushing and the game dragged out.  Eventually I had Warmogs/Spirit Visage/Mercury Treads/Randuin's Omen/Sunfire.  At that point, I started stomping them, even though their team was nearly 30 kills ahead of us.  Xin even had two bloodthirsters and couldn't kill me.  We won after 1 hr 6 min, thanks to Poppy backdooring their towers while they failed over and over again to push against me.

Mundo, I assume?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 29, 2011, 04:01:04 pm »

We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 29, 2011, 05:43:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kekekeke
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 29, 2011, 05:52:14 pm »

Whether Xin had two bloodthirsters is less important than if he had a Phage to hold you down and a Madred's to actually harm you for noteworthy portions of your health bar.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 29, 2011, 05:58:54 pm »

Whether Xin had two bloodthirsters is less important than if he had a Phage to hold you down and a Madred's to actually harm you for noteworthy portions of your health bar.

Oh yeah.  Between Xin/Shen/Irelia, all with Frozen Mallets... I was rooted in place as soon as they caught me.  Brand and Rumble had considerable cc as well.  I don't think anyone got a Madred's, but it honestly wouldn't have helped them that much.  Magic resist counter-acts it too well.  By the time I have Spirit Visage and Merc Treads, there's not too much of a difference between going for Madred's or straight AD, unless I build a 2nd Warmog's which I very rarely do against an attack-heavy team.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 29, 2011, 06:10:52 pm »

Simon and Lewis trolled LoL fans on youtube so hard today. The comments thread is hysterical, it's amazing how few people get sarcasm and hyperbole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSBYo2XXrc

PS: LoL fans are /literally/ worse than Hitler.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:19:58 pm by Tilla »

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 29, 2011, 06:44:18 pm »

PS: LoL fans are /literally/ worse than Hitler.

Everybody that is alive has the capacity to be stupid.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 29, 2011, 07:11:08 pm »

you trying to say since hitlers dead he made no mistakes?

Nazi!
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 165