Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165180 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2175 on: April 27, 2011, 09:36:53 pm »

Since a large portion of the B12 LoL'ers are on the NA servers I figured I might start putting time into playing there instead for a bit :D

Names Nilocy there too.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 27, 2011, 09:49:04 pm »

My name is Journier on the NA servers,

add me, since im getting tired of pub teammates.

3rd game as Karthus 19-12-ridiculous assists.

woot, this is fun.

Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2177 on: April 27, 2011, 10:27:47 pm »

Anybody else think we should start a new thread? The OP of this one disappeared and it'd be nice to be able to update that player list...

By the way, I'm ECrownofFire on NA (don't forget that E, or that there's two F's in there). I'm only level 10 or so. Urgot is awesome.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 27, 2011, 10:31:19 pm »

hey fire guy, buy runes. shows you have none ^_^
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 27, 2011, 10:36:38 pm »

No.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2180 on: April 27, 2011, 10:44:39 pm »

No.
???

Anyway, I'm saving my IP for some reason. I only got Urgot recently, and haven't really bothered to get runes so far. I'm not actually at level 20 though, and therefore can't get greater runes. I was thinking that I wanted to level to 20 before I got some runes, because it's just throwing away IP otherwise.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 27, 2011, 10:52:45 pm »

OK, I tried playing cautiously against this Jax/Viegar combo.   IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!  Maybe it's because our Eve was a tool.  I dunno, I tried but I just can't make it work with Sion anymore, when I used to be able to use him like a god.  WHAT IS GOING ON???

This is an video, please tell me how to improve.

That is how Sion makes me feel right now.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 27, 2011, 10:57:36 pm »

Just played Irelia, god she's ninja OP, doing crazy shit and killing people without problems with just trinity, and her staying power is amazing thanks to Hitten.
More or less. She will probably kill everyone in laning phase too, with the exception of maybe Sion or Taric and getting massacred by a good Renekton

Fixed that for you.

I FB'd the best Irelia I know in a solo top lane in an in-house. I've never met a champion who could take me in a solo as Renekton, really. He's just too beast at it.

Journier, you may have been miscalculating how your Wall of Pain works; it gives a FLAT reduction of 35 armor and mres.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 28, 2011, 01:49:07 am »

Played Lux in a 3v3 game with a couple of friends. Had to do the solo lane, because they had no ranged harass of any sort.

2/0/7 in a game they surrendered at 20 minutes.

One of those kills was firing my laser at the Chogath currently bothering me and melting the Tryn who was fleeing into the jungle with no health (Just got out of him and Sion being murdered) on the other lane.

Duke Reynington on the NA servers. Same on the EU ones, though I don't play there often,
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: April 28, 2011, 01:59:08 am »

So I nabbed Man-drop Pantheon for the sake of having a jumpy assassin. First game was fun, though Eve and Blitzcrank were noobcakes.

His ulti will take some getting used to, though. As of now, it seems like more of a utility to get behind the enemy than to make pancakes of them.
If you can get a galio on your team, you can easily do the crazy damage that comes from a perfect man drop bullseye.

Edit: I miss the days of AOE teams.

Galio + Morgana + Nunu + Miss Fortune + Fiddlesticks

Can't do that any more. Too many ways to nullify AOE damage. Janna with cleanse is the big one.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 28, 2011, 04:22:48 am »

Was playing a ranked match the other day,

the enemy team just stood around waiting, as if my crowstorms hadn't already destroyed varying amounts of them at least four times.

I mean really, what do they expect?

Plus their squishy tf always stood at the front and got cc'ed at least three times.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:34:52 am by eerr »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 28, 2011, 04:47:36 am »

I've seen about seven million Rumbles today. Built in all kinds of ways, from AP to AD to tank to attack speed to cooldown.

My impressions so far:
- He's basically a mini Mordekaiser... with CC, less damage, less survivability, not as fast.
- That flamethrower makes a melee character's laning life quite horrible. Not super OP by any means, but when paired with a ranged character, he can zone like no tomorrow. However, just like Mordekaiser, this means that his lane will always be pushed.
- His death animation is hilarious
- The moment he gets Rylai, he goes from being a nuisance to a neverending slow generating machine. When you fight a Rumble with Rylai, it's like fighting in a neverending field of Teemo mushrooms.
- His ultimate hurts
- He doesn't stop making all sorts of irritating noise. WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

If I were to put him in a role, I'd say he's a support tank. Like Sion or Taric or Trundle.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 28, 2011, 09:05:44 am »

So, there I was, trying out a fun little off-tanky Singed build. The plan was to rush Rylai's Crystal Scepter so that I can be a more supportive, and slightly trolly Singed. It was going to be my only AP item, the rest were going to be boots+tanky stuff. FoN, Sunfire, etc.

Something about a Singed whose mere presence hits everyone for decent damage and also hits people with Slows from everything he does did something to that game, though. I was a murderin', gankin', runnin' about an' distruptin' machine. I even changed my build for more speed so I could do it better.

And I would not die. Ever. Even when they focused me, all it took was a fling, a flash, and my slowing poison kept them away, and my little presence in the fight would have killed a couple off, damaged the rest, so I could watch as my team steamrolled over them with ease. I even soloed Cho and MF at one time, and that was hilarious. Though this was after getting Rabadon's because in one of my few trips B I noticed I could buy it outright.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 28, 2011, 10:08:46 am »

So, there I was, trying out a fun little off-tanky Singed build. The plan was to rush Rylai's Crystal Scepter so that I can be a more supportive, and slightly trolly Singed. It was going to be my only AP item, the rest were going to be boots+tanky stuff. FoN, Sunfire, etc.

Something about a Singed whose mere presence hits everyone for decent damage and also hits people with Slows from everything he does did something to that game, though. I was a murderin', gankin', runnin' about an' distruptin' machine. I even changed my build for more speed so I could do it better.

And I would not die. Ever. Even when they focused me, all it took was a fling, a flash, and my slowing poison kept them away, and my little presence in the fight would have killed a couple off, damaged the rest, so I could watch as my team steamrolled over them with ease. I even soloed Cho and MF at one time, and that was hilarious. Though this was after getting Rabadon's because in one of my few trips B I noticed I could buy it outright.

Got a replay of that Akigagak? I'm trying Singed now and then, I just feel I don't have the moves for it :P

Would enjoy some footage (from anyone - actually) that has experience with him!
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 28, 2011, 10:27:50 am »

Sadly, no. It was a solo queue game, and I don't bother to record those most of the time.

As for Singed... I play aggressively. Very. Once I get my ult, I will check with my laning parter if I can run off and cause havoc (Usually only if we've been dominating the lane and just got a kill (or two)), and then I do so. Position yourself in typical ganking position, throw down your goop and rush to a place that'd intercept if they tried to run, turning on your poison while on the move. Fling them towards your allies (Or if they didn't run and were quite a bit far forward, into your turret. Boom, dead.

Items I usually get:
-Token Mana Regen- Recently, Chalice has been a stalwart, though getting a Tear of the Goddess into Archangels (if you're going heavy AP) is also nice. It becomes a health-boosting item for via Singed's passive, after all, potentially adding 250 health.
Boots of Swiftness/Mercury Treds. The Merc treds can be ignored if they don't have too bad CC, you have your Ult after all.
Force of Nature. Usually as my second or third full item,, either just after or just before upgrading my boots.

Aside from that, it really depends what they're fielding and what you feel confident doing. Want to never die and piss them off? Banshees, Sunfire/Thornmail if they rely on auto-attacks. What to do a lot of damage with Poison and Fling? Pump AP and Mana to the max. Cooldown is also nice, though not vital. Grab blue buff when you can.

What to do moderate damage, heal fast, and really annoy them? Hextech Revolvers and a Will of the Ancients. As many as you can fit around your core build. 65% spellvamp is a glorious thing on Singed.

Edit: I also find a good theme song to be really helpful. These are good for my playstyle.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:36:50 am by Akigagak »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 165