Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165330 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1965 on: April 21, 2011, 08:03:22 pm »

DUDES WE MUST PLAY TOGETHER MY JARVAN IS TOTALLY THE MASTER OF HIS POINTY STAFF!!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: April 21, 2011, 08:41:07 pm »

I should have learned to just jump queue whenever I see an evelynn on my team. Two eves in a row, two losses in a row, both left too.

Die 4 times in lane, leave.
/90% of Evelynn players.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: April 21, 2011, 08:44:39 pm »

Last time I had a pub Eve on my team, I lucked out.  They actually did pretty well.  It happens.  Rarely.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: April 21, 2011, 09:42:24 pm »

Yea, I give up on LoL for today.

Several leavers, mid laners that rage and lose lane, useless evelynn, ryze and yi failing hard against nocturne and xin zhao.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #1969 on: April 21, 2011, 09:56:48 pm »

It baffles me that it's possible to suck as Ryze against people of anywhere close to the same level of skill.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: April 21, 2011, 10:03:07 pm »

I lost 7 games in a row. So in typical, I don't care anymore fashion, 8th game I went rally smite Soraka in a team of all squishies (Gangplank, Kennen, Shaco, Ryze) and told my team to go screw themselves for instalocking and asking for tank.

Guess what?

We won. Again. Every single time I freaking troll build Soraka we somehow win. Fate has a really messed up sense of humour.

The only thing I used rally for was to tank towers... it's such a useless ability.

Sigh.... I guess in a messed up way, Soraka does technically count as a tank.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: April 21, 2011, 10:05:10 pm »

It baffles me that it's possible to suck as Ryze against people of anywhere close to the same level of skill.

I just tried Ryze for the first time since his re-make in a coop game.  I still hate him so much.  I spent the first 3/4 of the game building Tear, Frozen Heart, and Banshee's... nothing but mana and tank items... and felt so crazy overpowered.  Anybody who came close got hit with r-q-w-q and was either instantly dead or forced to run away.  Bots are easy to beat because they're easy to manipulate.  This was the first time I didn't even try to manipulate them.  I just built pure tank items, walked up to the nearest enemy I could find at any given time, and nuked the shit out of them.  I didn't even need to employ any tactics or finesse.  Gah.  I have so little respect for Riot.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: April 21, 2011, 11:10:43 pm »

What do you guys think is the best ryze combo? If at full health, I go Q,E,W,Q,R,Q, whatever is up next. When missing health, I go Q,R,E,Q,W,Q, whatever is up next.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: April 21, 2011, 11:11:23 pm »

You should probably start with R.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: April 21, 2011, 11:36:35 pm »

Why? All it does is add AoE and spell vamp. Not useful for burst. And if you start with Q, the next ability will reduce the cd to almost nothing, allowing you to cast it again.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: April 21, 2011, 11:40:13 pm »

QRQ tends to be the most frequent opening I see.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: April 21, 2011, 11:42:45 pm »

I would like to do QRQ, but my cdr isn't high enough do do it instantly, I have to wait a little while and that gives them time to flash away.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #1977 on: April 22, 2011, 12:08:33 am »

I open with W a lot, particularly if I can't rely on someone else to snare/root for me. At the very least, it gives me a Q, and with an R or an E I can get off another Q before the root ends. It doesn't necessarily kill people (except for at a particular part of the game when I have mana and other people don't have MR yet), but it will win you positioning.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: April 22, 2011, 12:36:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Solo queue is full retard mode today, this reflects all teams I got today.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: April 22, 2011, 12:52:33 am »

Caitlyn's laning is pretty ridiculous. Her kiting and harass are so crazy. By herself it's not that big of a deal since she's so squishy, but when she's in a duo lane with someone. Man, it ALMOST makes me want to lane against Urgot instead.

I feel like her skills are completely worthless in a teamfight though. For example, with the amount of time I spend in the animations of Q, W, or E, I would have done more damage with my regular autoattacks. Especially after IE. So my presence in a teamfight is very.... non-flashy so to speak. In fact, in the games I play with her... it's like I'm some sort of ghost in the middle of the teamfight that no one sees until I do something like say... use my ultimate.

Take Ashe or Miss Fortune. They use their skills so much that it's so easy to locate them in as big, hectic skirmish. MF practically broadcasts her location in every single teamfight with a giant arrow pointing at her. But Caitlyn and Tristana only autoattack. You have to actively and cognitively tell yourself to search for them, and it takes just a little bit longer than it would take to find say.... Mordekaiser. It's weird, but also kinda boring in a way.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 165