Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165379 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1905 on: April 19, 2011, 11:44:52 am »

+5200 hp, 200hp/per 5 Mundo is fun. Esp when enemy has mainly Ap, FoN, Mercs and Visage give neat protection.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: April 19, 2011, 12:31:47 pm »

So far it seems that my main problem with playing Mundo is getting ganked early on and therefore lagging behind in XP/GP and thus feeding. Any tips?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: April 19, 2011, 12:39:14 pm »

Attack Speed:    0.992    1.878 (+0.886)
Total DPS: 185,922 DPS.

Uh.

See Sirian's post. Those are trist's level 18 attack speed values, the second one being that + 2 PDs, meaning almost 2 attacks per second, not taking her Q into account.

Total DPS is calculated by multiplying attack damage by the attack speed, meaning she'd do roughly 186 damage per second in that setting, not taking armor, armor pen or special effects from items into account, or criticals, that is.

Criticals would make her total DPS a bit higher, but really I don't think buying two phantom dancers instead of a bf sword as the starting items for your build is a good idea in any plane of existence.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:43:16 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: April 19, 2011, 01:49:21 pm »

Lol replay thing doesn't work any more! It recorded but it won't play!

Edit: To be specific, LolReplay crashes the loading screen of LoL and thus I have to reconnect to games. But the replay thing can't handle reconnects and produces corrupted files instead. So I can't save all the awesome games.

Edit edit: Fiddlesticks is getting some changes. Tl;dr: A weaker drain early on but everything else is better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Regarding Jax:

And finally, my favorite, regarding Xin Zhao. I know I'll make some people cry with new and improved perfect warrior.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: April 19, 2011, 04:29:41 pm »

So far it seems that my main problem with playing Mundo is getting ganked early on and therefore lagging behind in XP/GP and thus feeding. Any tips?

Mundo is squishy early on.  You just have to be careful until you've built up a bit.  Cleavers are everything to Mundo early game.  They're his defense and his offense.  Even level 1 ultimate doesn't do much for him, besides more sustainability in his lane.  It won't cause rapid enough regeneration to save you from a gank like it will late game, so its only defensive use is the speed boost. 

He's very much a mid-late game champion (assuming you are building mainly tank items on him).  After you have boots/spirit visage/warmog's, you really start to shine.  Until then just whittle away at the enemy from bushes or a safe distance with cleavers.  If you're pushed out to the river in your lane and there are enemies missing, throw cleavers into the river bush often (from max range) to detect anyone there.

Also, you fear certain champions more than others early game vs late game.  Early game, you can out damage most carries with cleaver and masochism, at least enough to kill them 1v1 after whittling them down with a couple cleaver shots.  Take advantage of this while you can, because they'll be your biggest threat late game (as usual with carries).  What you need to be afraid of early is cc + burst damage.  AP Nukes and assassins will tear you apart quickly if they can get you in range, though late game you will be able to almost completely ignore them.  Keep cleaver distance between yourself and any such enemy characters, and beware flashes and other such moves to catch you suddenly.  Keep your HP high.

You might also think about which teammates you take with you into lane.  I find Mundo works really really well with an assassin or other catch/burst damage type character, because his cleavers should be keeping the enemy at half health or less at all times and constantly ripe for someone else's finishing move.

This is assuming, of course, that you're playing Mundo the same way I do.  That is, build tank items until immortal, and then build some damage.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:38:35 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: April 19, 2011, 04:40:47 pm »

I like the Fiddlesticks changes. With a better dark wind he won't have to rely on drain to steal kills early on now, and crowstorm won't be his only way to get kills, and drain did seriously lack power in the endgame, might play him again after these changes take place.

I dont know about xin zhao changes though, looks like they just shot their own foot regarding their "lets fix tanky dps!" attitude, altough xin was sorta lacking in comparison to the other tanky dps, might play him after these changes.

And Jax really does need some work, but you can't take dodge away from him, its what makes Jax, well, Jax.

I like how they actualy started talking about doing stuff with champions that really did need more then just some adjustments, instead of declaring something OP or bad out of nowhere and changing one of the champions that are actualy somewhat balanced (see Morello and his Nidalee rant).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:43:35 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: April 19, 2011, 04:49:00 pm »

Do I actually have to go play as fiddle to check out the changes?

Though I do like how he will be less useless vs organized teams, because I can get in real trouble with that lategame.

(Fiddles=main, moreso than nasus and a bit more than karthus)

Anybody play zil? he seems enormously powerful, what with max cdr and rewind.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 19, 2011, 04:53:34 pm »

Zilean is a great harasser and very strong on the early and midgame. He starts as a powerful mage then slowly drifts towards a more supporting role, altough his E and ultimate make him a useful support during the whole game.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: April 19, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »

You know, looking at the Xin Zhao changes I might actually change my playstyle with him from an AD nuker (e.g: Pantheon) to an actual melee dps (e.g: Master Yi). It used to be that once Battlecry was on cooldown, Xin Zhao's damage was pathetic. It's why I always advocated going in. Blowing someone up. Then running away. It's also why I rushed Black Cleaver instead of all the "recommended attack speed" items such as Ghostblade or Sword of the Divine.

But if Battlecry doesn't remove the passive AS bonus any more, I would definitely build those items as I'd be able to stay in the fight so much longer.

Also, jungle Xin Zhao might actually work again.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1914 on: April 19, 2011, 05:13:09 pm »

Zilean can fill few roles quite well.

1. An AP caster for very high endgame bombs and his ulti will revive your tank to full hp. Most likely very squishy.
2. A tanky team supporter. Items such as Frozen Heart, Soul Shroud, Guardian angel, Banshee's Veil, and Shurelya's Reverie.(my favorite)
3. A "henchman" for your carry/tank: Keep that Yi sped up all the time, or additionally his target slowed. With CDR and Rewind you can spam your ulti for easy saves.

And he has huge chance to crit on enemy's morale with dem bombs during laning.

If you have a Zilean on your team (or if you are one) ask all of your teammates get Guardian Angel, and Zilean also get CDR. Enemies will love it.

Kudos if you also have a Tryndamere, Dr. Mundo and an Anivia in the team. They all just love fucking around with enemies by not dieing.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: April 19, 2011, 05:15:45 pm »

That man speaks the truth. Just two tanks alone getting GA is horrible. If you seriously want to troll the enemy, everyone buying GA will make them cry.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: April 19, 2011, 09:37:39 pm »

Attack Speed:    0.992    1.878 (+0.886)
Total DPS: 185,922 DPS.

Uh.

See Sirian's post. Those are trist's level 18 attack speed values, the second one being that + 2 PDs, meaning almost 2 attacks per second, not taking her Q into account.

Total DPS is calculated by multiplying attack damage by the attack speed, meaning she'd do roughly 186 damage per second in that setting, not taking armor, armor pen or special effects from items into account, or criticals, that is.

Criticals would make her total DPS a bit higher, but really I don't think buying two phantom dancers instead of a bf sword as the starting items for your build is a good idea in any plane of existence.

Emphasized what was weirding me out.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: April 19, 2011, 09:52:47 pm »

Uhh, might want to check your punctuation there. 166,000 damage is probably enough to destroy every unit on the map at any given time.

SomeMost countries (including mine) use the "," instead of "."

For example, 23,000 = 23 for me. And 23.000 = 23 000.

︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: April 20, 2011, 01:23:25 am »

In other news, I hate filling out rune charts in T3 runes.  I love the bonuses I get, but it just takes so long to make progress.

On the brightside I just had two wonderful games as LeBlanc.  First game the enemy team had a total 4 kills.  I ended 6/0 IIRC.  Second game I had a bit of a rough start as I was solo laning half the time against Amumu and Brand.  Once the laning phase was over I did decent until they surrendered at about 30:00.  I ended with 2/3 IIRC.  Not bad since we were disorganized.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 20, 2011, 03:01:28 am »

I find brand to have way too much damage. I was like "Ok he is a mage who can harass easily, I should buy MR". I stack MR right away, merc treads and negatron, reach over 120 MR, all Brand has is blasting wand for AP, I dodge 2 of his abilities, he hits me with the 2 others, one his ulti which bounces on me twice, down to 25% my health.... It's ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 165