Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165411 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1860 on: April 17, 2011, 11:38:05 pm »

Hmm, so far I like Nasus the best, but now that I know his abilities I'm afraid to experiment with other people =o

Oh, and if the guy who keeps the player list up to date is here, my name should be fairly obvious.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: April 17, 2011, 11:51:43 pm »

Hmm, so far I like Nasus the best, but now that I know his abilities I'm afraid to experiment with other people =o

Oh, and if the guy who keeps the player list up to date is here, my name should be fairly obvious.

You should try everyone at least once, because you can be more effective against a character you have played yourself.  I spent months just playing random before settling to playing a few characters most of the time.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: April 17, 2011, 11:55:32 pm »

umm i think the basic or easy ai is tough till late game, or when it makes retarded mistakes like running into the tower range, and letting me stun it....

my 2nd day of playing LoL and that surely didnt feel very easy when i played it the first 2 times.

what I dont get is why my team feeds the bots, its not that hard to stay away from them.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:58:21 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: April 18, 2011, 12:01:02 am »

You really ought to give Assassin type characters a try, they can be straight up addictive.  I recommend LeBlanc as her naturally short cooldowns and heavy burst make her a powerhouse that can take down most champions with a single combo  (and with a little bit of CDR) able to keep the damage rolling as well.  Of course heavy ability champions aren't everyone's cup of tea, if you're looking for an auto-attack assassin to try out, Twisted Fate is pretty decent as he provides utility to the rest of the team and can gank anywhere.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:06:02 am by V-Norrec »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: April 18, 2011, 12:09:34 am »

Just got the game and I've been playing against the easy bots for a while.

5 Wins to Three Losses is good right???..
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: April 18, 2011, 12:15:04 am »

Have you been playing against them by yourself?

I kinda doubt an assassin type character would be my cup of tea... not to mention neither of those characters you mentioned are even available to play right now.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: April 18, 2011, 12:15:13 am »

umm i think the basic or easy ai is tough till late game, or when it makes retarded mistakes like running into the tower range, and letting me stun it....

my 2nd day of playing LoL and that surely didnt feel very easy when i played it the first 2 times.

what I dont get is why my team feeds the bots, its not that hard to stay away from them.

Believe me, the intermediate AI is really easy to beat even if your team sucks, you just have to do a couple matches against them and understand their pattern, once you get it you'll see that it's easy to snowball and feed yourself to the point where you can take 2 or 3 of them at the same time. You just have to be wary because even with all towers downs they never lose morale and they can still kill you if you're too cocky.

(although i understand that for a novice player they must seem pretty strong)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:18:54 am by Sirian »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: April 18, 2011, 12:16:20 am »

Haha no
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: April 18, 2011, 12:18:42 am »

I kinda doubt an assassin type character would be my cup of tea... not to mention neither of those characters you mentioned are even available to play right now.

LeBlanc is definitely worth buying.  Oh god, the sweet sweet murders you can pull off with her, even when people are trying to play safe.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: April 18, 2011, 12:44:43 am »

I just tried Sivir and... holy crap. Everything was getting killed.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: April 18, 2011, 12:51:56 am »

Sometimes, you have long games. Then sometimes, you have LONG games.

1 hour 23 minutes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It really should have ended earlier but our team was completely retarded. Endless mistakes. Right at the beginning the GP said, "I say this now but we will lose because Nasus is a coward." Then I got the first 7 kills by myself while the rest of the team was feeding like mad. I kept telling him "dude, we're losing because of Nasus." "goddamn Nasus won't stop feeding omg." "Only 7 kills zero deaths wtf Nasus fail." Then he called me a kid and put me on ignore. Later that same GP, in his infinite wisdom said,

"Let me solo baron all of you go away." So we left him alone and he died at baron after all 5 enemies ganked and killed him. You're not going to believe what that GP said after that.

"WHY DID YOU COME TO HELP ME BECAUSE YOU CAME THEY KILLED US AND STOLE BARON!"

At about 1 hour we had barely any towers and inhibitors left on either team. It was Nexus on freaking goddamn Nexus. We finally won when I realized.

"Wait a minute... I'm Nasus... and this game has gone on for 1 hour and 23 minutes..."

So I ran up and 3 hit KOed their Nexus while ignoring all 5 of them.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: April 18, 2011, 01:11:51 am »

lol.

how much damage did your one damage increasing ability give you the "permanently add's 3 dmg per kill with this ability" one.

highest ive gotten is 190 extra dmg from it so far. gotta practice using it better early game to get it up above 250 by late game i thinkz
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: April 18, 2011, 01:19:13 am »

I was failing like mad increasing the Q. I'd miss the last hits with it quite often. I think it was about 400 extra damage or so though. If you include Trinity Force, my base AD, etc, I was doing about 1000 damage per hit. It was enough to 2 hit Evelynn or Twitch and I killed the Nexus in about 4 seconds.

If you're wondering how our incredible late game team could even possibly lose against such an early game team, just look at the items on the squishies. Not a single defensive item. No Banshee's Veil. They thought oracle was enough to protect against Eve. At one point Gangplank bought three freaking Infinity Edges. Yes. THREE. Also notice the two Thornmails on the enemy team? Yeah, remember again my team was comprised of absolute morons. So the Miss Fortune and Gangplank would run into a teamfight and try to focus down Garen or Nunu then do 1000 damage to themselves.

My team was completely retarded.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: April 18, 2011, 01:44:36 am »

Ranked is filled with people, who shouldn't be level 30.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1874 on: April 18, 2011, 06:50:39 am »

Ranked is filled with people, who shouldn't be level 30.
Level 30 = You've played about 200-300 games I think, could be even less.
And win amount doesn't neither mean that the player is good: 1300 wins? Okay, but he also has +1100 losses most likely.
A guy with only 500 wins could actually be better than the previous guy since 500 win-guy has only 200 losses. Game amount is much different yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the latter guy beats the first one.

Also to new LoL.ers:
Learn to last hit.
It isn't hard, and it isn't a thing just the pros do or should do. Everyone should know how to last hit. Here is why:

if you use AoE abilities to push the wave, you most likely get the minions die quick but do you get the gold? Maybe not. At 30 minutes if you have 50 minion kills more than usual, it is worth +1000 gold. Sure, because you didn't autoattack the enemy tower has 100 hp more than it does if you'd autoattack, but with those +1000 gold you can buy something to make the pushing even easier.

Also, don't rely on mias. Some people don't call them at all or forget to say them sometimes. Keep watching the minimap every now and then, possibly press TAB and see which enemies are grey: they are missing and possibly ganking you.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 165