Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165501 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1770 on: April 15, 2011, 12:47:44 am »

Spirit Visage, by comparison, has small CDR, small MR, and the unique passive boost to your HP regen is almost non-existant when taken alone.  Without some other HP items, your passive healing doesn't mean much, even with this item.  It certainly won't compare to the high base regen on Warmog's or hell even just buying a 2nd regen amulet.  Even if it did, burst damage is your #1 threat early game, and Spirit Visage is very little help there.

Quote from: Adrenaline Rush
Dr. Mundo regenerates 0.3% of his max health each second.

That and cheaper cleavers means SV is better.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: April 15, 2011, 01:30:30 am »

Ok let's assume Mundo has 1000 HP.  His passive naturally regenerates 3 hp/sec at this amount of hp.

Add a Spirit Visage to this.  1250 HP means a base regen of 3.75 hp/sec.  Now add a 15% bonus to that 3.75 and you're regenerating 4.31 hp/sec.  Spirit Visage got you a whole 1.31 hp/sec.  Your ultimate costs 250 HP (at max health) and regenerates 575.  Cost: $1550

Buy a Giant's Belt and bring your HP up to 1430.  Your passive now regenerates 4.29 hp/sec.  Your ultimate costs 286 (at max health) and regenerates 572.  Cost: $1110.

So basing the decision off synergy with Mundo's passive and ultimate isn't properly justified.  I understand you get CDR and MR, but for a first item, I would much rather have some HP padding to allow rapid spamming of abilities on occassion or the ability to take a little extra damage.  For the cost of a Spirit Visage, you could get a Giant's Belt and the SV's MR component for about the same price as a finished SV.  Then the only thing left is CDR, which is not a big deal at this stage of the game.  I would much rather build as quickly as possible into the item that feeds most effectively into Mundo's abilities.

A Warmog's brings you up to 1920 HP, which with the item's regen plus your passive amounts to 11.76 hp/sec.  Your ultimate activates for 384 HP (at max health) and regens 768.... and these numbers will rise up to another 50% on top of this as you play.  And the only thing you're missing is 10% CDR, which doesn't amount to much for anything but your ultimate, where it will shave off 7.5 seconds.  To top it off, all this HP prepares you for taking the most advantage of another wonderful Mundo item:  Force of Nature.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1772 on: April 15, 2011, 02:07:57 am »

Sounds pretty solid to me.
Giant's Belt it is when I play Mundawg next time.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: April 15, 2011, 02:12:14 am »

So, Gangplank is getting remade:

1. No more deny.

ಠ̯ಠ

ಠ̯ಠ

ಠ̯ಠ
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 15, 2011, 02:17:04 am »

I don't like the denial mechanic (it's a cop-out strategy held over from DOTA) but I don't know what they're going to do to him to achieve that.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: April 15, 2011, 02:27:04 am »

Or you can be competent, grab your SV, and Cleaver like a motherfucker.

SalmonGod, you said that your passive with SV gives negligible results. It does not. Keep in mind you should have another 4% of that number added on from the Perseverance mastery. And that

SV IS ABOUT CLEAVER SPAM WHICH IS MUNDO'S GREATEST STRENGTH.

kthxbai
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 15, 2011, 02:50:12 am »

I don't like the denial mechanic (it's a cop-out strategy held over from DOTA) but I don't know what they're going to do to him to achieve that.
No hard numbers yet because that's all that was posted by Morello (lead champion designer).

I'm actually pretty stoked for a giant, cannon-barrage-sized, Miss Fortune make-it-rain (instead of the current luck-based one). Think about it. It's like a global Nunu ult. It would make Gangplank so much more useful.

"Hey GP, I need to gank top, can you help me slow him?"
"Yarrrrrrr!!!!!"
"OH MY GOD HOW DO I ESCAPE THIS?!!!!?!?!?!"

In the past:

"Hey GP, we're ganking top."
"Yarrrrrr!!!!!"
"Trololol I dodged all your cannonballs"
"GP stupid nub can't aim"

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 15, 2011, 03:00:52 am »

Or you can be competent, grab your SV, and Cleaver like a motherfucker.

SalmonGod, you said that your passive with SV gives negligible results. It does not. Keep in mind you should have another 4% of that number added on from the Perseverance mastery. And that

SV IS ABOUT CLEAVER SPAM WHICH IS MUNDO'S GREATEST STRENGTH.

kthxbai

And how does SV allow him to cleaver spam any more than HP?  The extra returned from when you hit a cleaver is so negligible, it matters even less than low level passive heal.  The cooldown reduction amounts to... what... two tenths of a second less between cleaver throws?  Plus, extra HP buffer allows for more missed cleavers.

Also, I don't understand why you're bringing masteries into it, since the debate is between two items.  That mastery will apply equally no matter what you buy.

Edit:  Remember I've played my style of Mundo for hundreds of games and never ever have trouble spamming cleavers at maximum speed, so it really isn't even a worthy point of debate.  Cleaver spam works either way.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:07:24 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 15, 2011, 03:40:30 am »

I say, http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Cooldown_reduction

Seems to imply that multiple (different) cdr items, stack!

Have I been missing out on fiddlesticks?

Also, this means wreaking havock with Zilean is easier than I thought it would be.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 15, 2011, 03:48:02 am »

There's a perfectly good jungle out there.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:50:15 am by eerr »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 15, 2011, 03:51:18 am »

Yes, cdr items stack to a maximum of 40%.

Runes and masteries should give you anywhere between 5 - 12% cdr too.

But don't worry too much. Fiddlesticks never gets cooldown items as far as I know. He subsists on blue buff which gives ridiculous cdr anyway.

If you want more detailed information of every aspect of LoL in one convenient location, I recommend this: Game Mechanics - The Missing Manual

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 15, 2011, 04:53:23 am »

<3 the new Singed ult.
As soon as you have it and your Merc treads you can go all "Screw your CC! I'm flinging your squishies anyway! HURRRR!".
Most fun I had in ages.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 15, 2011, 05:04:23 am »

So i bought urgot, first game i had very few kills, only two deaths and a ton of assists.Most fights would come down to me pinging a target, switching the target dying, enemy team rushing in to help them and then dying themselves.One especially funny moment was when their teemo was walking out of the comfort zone of their tower to place a mushroom, as soon as he placed it i switch him and my entire team pounces at him ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 15, 2011, 07:28:08 am »

I say, http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Cooldown_reduction

Seems to imply that multiple (different) cdr items, stack!

Have I been missing out on fiddlesticks?

Also, this means wreaking havock with Zilean is easier than I thought it would be.
How did you not know this?!

And Zilean at max cdr is freaking hilarious to play as, especially when losing. I was once playing a losing game. Enemy team had a Morgana. Our Cass was sitting just where she could be hit my Morgana. Whenever she got hit, I ultied her, and the enemy team burst her down. She revived. They kept trying to do that over and over again, but my ulti was always up before they could do it again. Did that like 5 times.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: April 15, 2011, 01:14:58 pm »

I want leave-free leaving, for when I find myself in a game screwed up by Riots (or Gamonas in that case) inferor hardware.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 165