Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165630 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1665 on: April 11, 2011, 12:37:29 am »

Fiddle/amumu is particularly great.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 11, 2011, 02:58:49 am »

They are nerfing Renekton ;___;
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 11, 2011, 03:05:40 am »

New patch preview, most of which I already posted before:
- Wriggles nerf (I actually think it's more of a buff...)
- Teemo nerf (no more chain escape)
- Nocturne nerf (slight nerfs to everything)
- Tanky DPS nerf (base damage super decreased. AD scaling super increased. Not sure if it's actually a nerf. It's actually a buff if you build primarily DPS)
- Cassiopeia buff (finally...)
- TF bug fixes
- Heart of Gold super nerf. No more armor. Why would I ever buy this now? I only ever wanted the armor on it, not the health...

Note: Apparently Xin Zhao is not getting touched. Yey~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 11, 2011, 03:07:18 am »

Well they are making you choose now i think, you can either go survivabilty with little damage or you can go damage with less survivabilty.Not sure how i feel about this but it should be interesting to see how it works out.
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 11, 2011, 05:08:46 am »

Downloaded LOLReplay lastnight and started recording games.  Been trying to get a good Mundo game, but none of them have been very interesting.  We either dominate or get dominated.

However, had two Teemo games tonight that I'm quite proud of.  One of them pitted us against a team of misogynist trolls.  Most blatant verbal abuse I've ever seen in an LoL game, and that's saying a lot.  It made me very happy to stomp their faces.  Maybe they shouldn't have been typing so much.

The 2nd one is just a great comeback.  Teammates were calling surrender at 12 minutes.  I proceeded to kite the hell out of their fed Olaf, land crucial blinds and mushrooms to save caught teammates, and generally turn it around.  There's a great moment where I solo Mundo and Olaf at a tower late game with less than 1/3 health and win with like 10 health left.

Teemo vs Trolls
Teemo vs Lots of Tanky DPS
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1670 on: April 11, 2011, 07:03:34 am »

I like Urgot + Shaco lane. You know, stack 5 JitBs in a bush...

"Hahaha why would I go there I know it is full of boxes"
 -Enemy Ashe

Then Urgot proceeds to ulti Ashe into the trap.
This combo kills almost anyone, and is hella fun.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 11, 2011, 11:22:06 am »

I like Urgot + Shaco lane. You know, stack 5 JitBs in a bush...

"Hahaha why would I go there I know it is full of boxes"
 -Enemy Ashe

Then Urgot proceeds to ulti Ashe into the trap.
This combo kills almost anyone, and is hella fun.
Huh...

That's damn cool actually.

I like how you're full of these bizzare yet doable ideas. :P

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 11, 2011, 11:57:29 am »

Want a less bizarre but equaly doable idea? Blitzcrank + Alistar. Blitzcrank pulls, Alistar headbutts backwards. You can get an enemy from middle of the lane to under your tower in a pinch.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 11, 2011, 12:21:41 pm »

Ran a Singed/Sion lane with a friend yesterday.

THAT'S A NICE BEING-UNDER-THE-TOWER YOU HAVE THERE.

It'd be a shame if...
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 11, 2011, 12:49:19 pm »

I played a pretty amazing Taric/Sion combo not long ago. Sion always stunned first, just as it wore off, I would stun. Since I had improved clarity we could use mana more freely.

They couldn't farm. Sion was smart enough not to auto attack, only last hit, and I hid in the bushes closest to them so if they ever peeked their heads out it was double stun + double aoe blast. The damage they did cause was healed away.

I am liking WW more and more. I still run to the problem where I say "That guy only has 1/3 life left! ULTI GO!" and jump into the middle of the enemy. This is clearly foolish. On the other hand, when I am more clear minded, it is possible to really turn the tied of the battle. Once the tank is fully engaged and the battle is racing, I can usualy chase off at least one of their DPS/AP guys.

My build goes razors, merc boots, Spirit Vistage (or what ever it is called), blood razors, frozen mallet. After this the game is pretty much over. I have considered swapping SV and the mallet, but haven't tried it yet.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 11, 2011, 12:52:28 pm »

I prefer pushing like mad with an AP Sion and Singed lane. Singed puffs the minions, Sion picks up 6 health every wave. Singed gets the siege minions. Sion rushes Cata then Rod of Ages, Singed does the same with less rushing. At the tower, any time they go for caster minions you try to pick one off with a fling-stun-shield combo, which does around half their health as they take all of that while sitting in poison.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 11, 2011, 01:01:15 pm »

I prefer pushing as much as possible on the early lane phase aswell. Yesterday we got into a really lenghty game which we only managed to make a close comeback from because our main carry was fed, all because they were all running around trying to gank random people. Basicaly I was bot alone against xin and swain while they went 4 vs 3 running around the lanes. They did this for 15 minutes and barely got some kills, and when they did they would just back off instead of pushing. By the midgame the enemy had 3 towers on us while we had none on them.

If they had just pushed it would've been an easy victory.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 11, 2011, 01:53:17 pm »

Gosh Sivir is so much fun in lower ranked games since people are so predictable with their ability usage they just let me stay in the lane forever and ever and ever simply by trying to kill me using spells :D
AS - IG

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 11, 2011, 01:56:49 pm »

There are two main problems with pushing that hard. First of all it makes you much much easier to gank. Secondly, it lets your enemies get minion kills and and experience.

It is much much better to only have half your wave survive to their tower. You may not rock the tower as quickly, but you have a bigger shot at winning the match.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 11, 2011, 02:35:54 pm »

There are two main problems with pushing that hard. First of all it makes you much much easier to gank. Secondly, it lets your enemies get minion kills and and experience.

It is much much better to only have half your wave survive to their tower. You may not rock the tower as quickly, but you have a bigger shot at winning the match.

Normally I would agree, but this policy means Sion gets a 15-ish minute Rod of Ages (even sooner with kills) along with around half a Ruby Crystal in HP for free even if he bears the majority of the ward cost. Singed doesn't have much trouble farming later and even a handful of kills gets him all the gold he needs to get his gear by 20-25.

As for them getting minions kills and experience? Not really.

They have to choose one.

They can maybe tag the melee minions, but they often take just enough boom before the enemy wave explodes that it's nearly impossible to save that CS from the tower - they go into the awkward zone where they have JUST under 2 tower shots of HP so you have to deliver a full tower shot of damage from your champions or lose it. This is time spent not harassing Sion/Singed.

The ranged minions can't be taken by a melee champion, hands down. If they do, Sion will stun to give Singed a fling or Singed will be ready to fling right after the tower fires so he doesn't take its shot. They WILL take half a lifebar, guaranteed, if they try to eat a caster minion. They can MAYBE pick off the Siege minions if they're not melee. Ranged champions have to figure out which minion the tower will shoot and hit it once before it gets shot and once after. If the tower has already targeted it, it's too late.

So yeah, I normally don't support pushing like mad if they have a good jungler but this is one of the few exceptions. You just have to make sure you don't start doing it until Sion and Singed are Level 3 (enough to lay down SERIOUS hurt if the enemy tries to engage against Enrage/Stun/Shield, Level 2 Poison, and Fling) and you have a ward ready for the 4-minute mark.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 165