Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165660 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1635 on: April 09, 2011, 05:09:02 pm »

Alright, what can you tell me about this picture?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ashebot is superior to Ryzebot?

THIS CANNOT BE

Also you are not the only person to have played Super Robot Taisen Original Generation. Durr hurr.
Ryzebot was really squishy and he's far less dangerous now since his burstiness was nerfed. Ashebot had good lifesteal, slow and retained her bust.

Yeah I know. Nice Stark Jegan, by the way. Durr hurr.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 09, 2011, 05:12:28 pm »

Ryzebot was really squishy and he's far less dangerous now since his burstiness was nerfed.

Was there a patch today or something?  Ryze's burst has really been pissing me off ever since his re-make, mainly because he can machinegun his abilities so much while you're stunned.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 09, 2011, 05:12:53 pm »

THIS CANNOT BE

Also you are not the only person to have played Super Robot Taisen Original Generation. Durr hurr.
Ryzebot was really squishy and he's far less dangerous now since his burstiness was nerfed. Ashebot had good lifesteal, slow and retained her bust.

No. That ryzebot was merely building himself the wrong way. Rushing deathcap before the mana packing defensive items make you really weak as him. His burst damage output is only slightly lower, he still hurts.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 09, 2011, 05:15:40 pm »

THIS CANNOT BE

No. That ryzebot was merely building himself the wrong way. Rushing deathcap before the mana packing defensive items make you really weak as him. His burst damage output is only slightly lower, he still hurts.
Ah. Well, I'll defer to the more experienced in this case.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 09, 2011, 08:03:52 pm »

Garen + Mundo in lane vs two squishies = LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

4000 gold in 13 minutes. Killed inhibitor at 19 minutes. Almost killed Nexus but they managed to hold us long enough so they could surrender at 20 minutes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 09, 2011, 09:01:39 pm »

I think I've gotten the hang of this (At least the beginner vs. AI). I managed to pull the team along in my last game. Got 20/0/4 while my team was... I have no clue.

I enjoyed that game. Now I know how my friend feels when I play with him.

Now to try intermediate...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 09, 2011, 09:14:12 pm »

Oh, and assuming anyone cares to play with a newbie, I've got the same username.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 09, 2011, 09:14:56 pm »

Which server are you?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 09, 2011, 09:18:57 pm »

Which server are you?
Umm... I'm not sure. What are the choices?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 09, 2011, 10:49:00 pm »

Which server are you?
Umm... I'm not sure. What are the choices?

US and EU.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 09, 2011, 11:02:41 pm »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 09, 2011, 11:49:22 pm »

added you web

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 10, 2011, 03:47:48 am »

He may not have CC, but he pretty much forces the enemy to attack him as he runs and kills their carry with his ridiculous damage output.

Yup.  He does enough damage that he can't be ignored, and he's tanky enough that he can run straight through the enemy's front lines to drive away their carries.  He has no hard cc, but his cleaver is a good slow that's available every couple seconds, and can easily cover chases or escapes involving a couple enemy champions, which is as much as any champion's cc can account for, really.  I personally find cleaver more useful than an Amumu (the classic pure tank initiator), who blows one massive cc, but if that one move doesn't win the fight for your team, you're kind of screwed.

Edit:  Plus, if you place yourself between the enemy team and your teammates, the enemy is naturally going to drop some damage on you, for lack of other targets.  That's just a given, no matter who you are.  The trick is to know how aggressive you can get away with behaving, in order to convince them to drop their heavy stuff on you.  If they think they can completely ignore you, you can just run in and start dropping a tower or chasing their carry.  At this point they WILL blow their loads on you.  Mundo is a tank, because he can get away with doing this, thus clearing the way for teammates to safely engage the enemy.

Congratulations, you just defined Tanky DPS and the reason it irritates people.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 10, 2011, 05:21:41 am »

Congratulations, you just defined Tanky DPS and the reason it irritates people.

Except I don't think Mundo is that bad compared to the likes of Xin, Irelia, etc.

The other tanky dps characters are mainly assassins that can afford to dive into an enemy team to reach their target.  They all have targeted dash attacks with burst damage and stun attached to them, and abilities they can combo immediately afterwards for almost instant death on any non-tank.  So they can kill their target and survive the small amount of time that they get focused.  They really don't have any weaknesses, other than hard cc and they can't survive extended focus unless seriously fed.  There is absolutely no weakness that shuts them down and nobody really stands a chance against them 1v1.  If a fed Xin, Irelia, Nasus, Renekton, etc jump out of a bush at you, and you don't have any great escape mechanism, you're really just fucked.  There's nothing you can do.

Mundo is the opposite.  He has no dash and his only cc is a skill shot.  He can survive extended focus and he can dive into an enemy team to cause chaos and drive away carries, but he can't assassinate.  He has no burst damage, unless you build him for it and then he's not very tanky.  He has definite weaknesses.  Ignite effects are very common and shut him down completely if used well.  He loses against burst damage early game and high damage/lifesteal dps late game.  He generally loses against other tanky dps characters if they catch him in a real duel.  If Mundo jumps out of a bush at you, all you have to do is dodge skill shots while running to safety.  His role isn't to get kills, it's to draw enemy fire, break up the enemy team's formation, and cover escapes and chases.  This is why I say that Mundo is a tank.  He's just a different style of tank from your Rammus or Amumu.

Other tanky dps characters piss me off too.  They're designed to be super-predators with no weaknesses.  I don't understand why Riot keeps making them.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 10, 2011, 10:42:27 am »

I must post my pleasure at finding that if there is too many people logging in at once, it can list your position as "over 9000."
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 165