Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165687 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1605 on: April 08, 2011, 07:13:40 pm »

What is up with you guys and these insanely high kill games?  I mean my team barely ever breaks 5-9 kills each, and usually  if we win only have 3-4 deaths.....  Is ranked actually that much more vicious?  I mean that many deaths and you must have been dead 50% of the game.
Nom nom nom

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 08, 2011, 07:32:13 pm »

I played a Mid-Mundo today.

I got first blood.

:P
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 08, 2011, 08:10:35 pm »

Actually, the less kills and deaths means the teams were better. Theoretically, the best of best games played between the best of best people should end in zero deaths for both sides as nobody would be making mistakes for anyone to capitalize on. (read: also very boring to watch)

What that means is you're probably better than all of us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 08, 2011, 08:15:54 pm »

I rarely have a game where either side gets over 35 total kills.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 08, 2011, 08:42:52 pm »

gah just had a 7-1-7 game as twisted fate.... god that one death made me mad.  I can upload the save if anyone wants it was only 26:00 minutes so we won pretty fast for a 5vs5.
edit* Scratch that forgot to turn on LOL recorder
Nom nom nom

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 08, 2011, 09:10:49 pm »

So, would anyone mind telling me a good way to be better at this game? I recently got a laptop upgrade, which was a major factor in my not playing this game, so now that I HAVE a laptop that is loads better, what would one suggest?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 08, 2011, 09:18:45 pm »

I played a couple of co-op vs AI games, then jumped into the deep end in a trial-by-fire kinda deal with my much higher-level friends.

I now suck less, so I guess it works.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 08, 2011, 09:30:03 pm »

read item build guides.  It lets you get a really good feel for what items go well with who and what situations to use them in.  The guides usually give a good bit of advice about the champion in general.  Another good tip would be to find a champion you really like, buy him and play with him mainly until you get the hang of not wandering into stupid ambushes and how to deal with idiot teammates.  Then you can risk just meesing around with all the champions.  I found it insanely hard to learn the game itself while also having to deal with learning new champions all the time.
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 08, 2011, 10:07:35 pm »

What umiman said, games with less kills and deaths mean the players played more carefuly and only risked themselves when they could gain something for their team. Either that or people really love to farm. The reason I get high kill rates with twitch is that I either do that or twitch becomes useless. He needs his first 3 items (brutalizer, zerk boots and black cleaver) to be useful, +infinity edge if he wants to be dangerous, so yea. With twitch you either hack up kills before the end game or become useless, and even when you do you're not that useful if the enemy team can focus you down. You're deadly if you get to shoot your ultimate for a few full seconds, but otherwise you die so fast you don't get to do anything.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 08, 2011, 11:33:09 pm »

Is ap worth building on twitch?

Could twitch do non-squishy ap?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 08, 2011, 11:38:38 pm »

Is ap worth building on twitch?

Could twitch do non-squishy ap?

I fought an AP Twitch a few days ago.  He was doing very little damage to me, so I was being very aggressive.  Had just over half my health and almost finished him.  Suddenly... dead.  The Twitch then remarked "LOL AP Twitch" in allchat, and I understood what had happened.  Didn't make that mistake again.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 08, 2011, 11:44:02 pm »

While expungue has a 1/1 rate and has the possiblity for tons of damage, you need to get the actual stacks on people first and survive while you do it. In teamfights you'd be less useful then AD twitch since all your damage wouldn't hit them fast enough, instead it'd be just a really big burst. It does have the potential for alot of damage though, but twitch is just not good enough to allow it.

supposing you have 500 AP, haves expungue at level 5, and managed to put six stacks into someone, expungue would hit for 650 for each stack, disregarding resistances. Its alot of damage, the only problem is surviving long enough to do that.

IF you managed to do it and not get gibbed into a bajillion pieces though, its alot of damage, specialy if you used his ultimate to hit multiple people.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 09, 2011, 12:06:48 am »

Hmm. Maybe if you build him like an AP/AS/herp Kog?

ULTIMATE KS RAT
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 09, 2011, 12:39:43 am »

Except he just died while you were saying ULTIMATE.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1619 on: April 09, 2011, 07:37:22 am »

AP Twitch should get Lichbane as well, as Expunge is on quite low cooldown. One of his ulted bolts which has lichbane proc on it with +600 AP does hurt.
Also, Rod of Ages, Rylai's Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass or Abyssal Scepter: All work well for defensive items for a caster. Get all of them + boots + Rabadon's cap = A very durable caster.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 165