Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165719 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1590 on: April 08, 2011, 02:44:17 pm »

You know, I actually gave some thought to this when Demigod came out. The story behind Demigod was that you were competing to become a full god. It seems logical then, that you would have supporters that hope to ascend with you and believe so fully in your rightful or guaranteed ascension that they are willing to go to war and die at your request.

It reminds me of the crusades or any jihad, which is pretty sad. At the same time this can be kind of funny if you image the pope as Taric and Osama Bin Laden as Zilean.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: April 08, 2011, 02:46:15 pm »

We're talking about a bunch of wizards who went around plucking random gods and heroes from alternate universes to fulfill some sort of blood sport ritual for entertainment and profit. Then they went... "MAAAAAAYBEEEE we shouldn't do that". So now they run around enslaving various demons, space aliens, and monsters to fulfill some sort of blood sport ritual for entertainment and profit.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 08, 2011, 02:54:37 pm »

It reminds me of the crusades or any jihad, which is pretty sad. At the same time this can be kind of funny if you image the pope as Taric and Osama Bin Laden as Zilean.
This is even more hilarious because Taric can heal you of your wounds and has a damage aura ulti, and Zilean can put a bomb on you(you win as zilean if you put a bomb on a dying ally champ and it kills the enemy) and revive you.

EDIT: Also, the battles are fought because the actual wars had a tendency of blowing the world up. Imagine any champion against an army of regular humans. Nuff said.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:56:24 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 08, 2011, 02:58:35 pm »

This is even more hilarious because Taric can heal you of your wounds and has a damage aura ulti, and Zilean can put a bomb on you(you win as zilean if you put a bomb on a dying ally champ and it kills the enemy) and revive you.

Hahahahaha. Oh man, that is horrible.

To bring this back on topic and hopefully avoid the political flame war that could spawn as a result of this, I need a good champion to play. I feel like I am getting worse and worse. I have no idea what my problem is. But even with 5 or 600 games under my blet I still end up with the least minon kills and far too many deaths.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: April 08, 2011, 03:01:20 pm »

To bring this back on topic and hopefully avoid the political flame war that could spawn as a result of this, I need a good champion to play. I feel like I am getting worse and worse. I have no idea what my problem is. But even with 5 or 600 games under my blet I still end up with the least minon kills and far too many deaths.

...Have you tried Ashe?

*ducks and covers*
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: April 08, 2011, 03:03:06 pm »

A good champion is entirely subjective. Who are you good as?

You can usually get rid of the minion kills problem by doing a couple of practise games just for last hitting, worked for me at least.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 08, 2011, 03:04:17 pm »

Try out a smurf account, it will show you how much better you've gotten.

On a side note, the minions are apparently magical constructs, so it's not like they really have emotions/feelings.

EDIT: Also, the battles are fought because the actual wars had a tendency of blowing the world up. Imagine any champion against an army of regular humans. Nuff said.
And even the champions get curb stomped by the wizards running the league.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: April 08, 2011, 03:52:14 pm »

I the past I have been good with Shaco, Trist, Cho, and Karthus.

Now I run into the problem of being shut down (no minion kills) as Shaco, killed in .5 seconds as Shaco AND Trist, and getting team whiped as Cho. I still do okay as Karthus.

A common problem for me is a Xin/Trist type match up. He seems to be able to walk through the team fight, kill me, and walk away before I can cause any damage. Where as if I get anywhere close to the team fight I get demolished. I guess I do not understand how carries are able to avoid or survive focus fire.

As a tank I always end up gold starved and again never seem to keep my carries alive. Even when I play someone like Taric and save my stun for a Kat ulti my carries die right away.  Amumu is a little easier with two stuns (one aoe) but I still end up low on the assist count.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: April 08, 2011, 03:57:13 pm »

A common problem for me is a Xin/Trist type match up. He seems to be able to walk through the team fight, kill me, and walk away before I can cause any damage. Where as if I get anywhere close to the team fight I get demolished. I guess I do not understand how carries are able to avoid or survive focus fire.

Welcome to the Tanky DPS Problem.

There's an abundance of Tanky DPS With A Dash Champions who can sprint into an enemy Carry, herp it for tons of damage with no damage items (MAYBE one), and in all probability outlast it in a fight for the portion of the game that 90% of games don't even really get past. It's freaking impossible to keep them off.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 08, 2011, 04:12:12 pm »

Welcome to the Tanky DPS Problem.

There's an abundance of Tanky DPS With A Dash Champions who can sprint into an enemy Carry, herp it for tons of damage with no damage items (MAYBE one), and in all probability outlast it in a fight for the portion of the game that 90% of games don't even really get past. It's freaking impossible to keep them off.

Yeah, this is one thing that's really pissing me off about the game.  The major problem here is the dash.  Placement of yourself in relation to threat ranges is probably the most important part of playing this game, and dash attacks with range equal to that of a ranged auto-attacker render this obsolete.  This is where tanks should matter, but tanky dps are usually designed to be able to take down tanks 1v1 as well... but if those teammates get close enough to help, suddenly they're in threat range of the dash.  It's also stupid that dash attacks almost always have a large amount of burst damage attached to them, making the punishment often instant death if you overstep a single pixel in the wrong direction.  It makes for a game that's more stressful than fun to play.  I really don't understand what Riot is thinking most of the time.

Edit:  What it seems to amount to is you have to either be absolutely fucking flawless in your playstyle or take Phage/Banshee's Veil early in every single game or you simply can't survive.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:15:56 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: April 08, 2011, 05:04:11 pm »

Yeah, I specified "With a Dash" because Tanky DPS without a dash isn't a terribly big problem - especially not as compared to the ones that CAN dash.

Hi, Renekton.
Hi, Irelia.
Hi, Xin.
Hi, Jarvan.
Etc.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 08, 2011, 05:28:58 pm »

^This. Even if they somehow get killed, they will have prob stunned their main squishy carry and killed it, and allies prob already swarmed over the enemy team while they desperately attacked him.

Also, I had one of the most lulworthy games:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lol gragas and GP. Look at the beastly Nasus on our team. We had like, the most derp team comp, and still won because I beat nid in mid lane with twitch (lol) and started ganking them. Lategame I was getting a single kill then dying, but everytime I did I took the enemy team's health down enough for yi and nasus wash the summoner's rift with their faces.

And let me put it this way:

They let Nasus farm freely
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:43:11 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 08, 2011, 06:04:44 pm »

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 08, 2011, 06:19:40 pm »

I love Taric.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0y8881ukc8b2smd
Well, I love Nasus. Same reason, though.

It's a cool game. We were getting our asses handed to us at start, but Nocturne let me farm really freely. Also, there's an amazing teamfight at 50:00, which really shows what Nasus and Taric can do late game.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 06:21:26 pm by LASD »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 08, 2011, 06:40:04 pm »

Lol... Nasus must have been proc-ing Q for 1300 damage every 2 seconds...
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 165