Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165742 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1545 on: April 06, 2011, 03:50:35 pm »

Just had a game where our ww started jungling with dorans blade and we had a ryze which kept dying, then coming to a different lane, then dying there, then roaming around, then dying some more, then raging at us for raging at him, then dying some more and finally surrendering.But soloing as CHo is always fun >:3

Edit:
Also, current game, our ww is jungling with ignite, smite and a dorans shield
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:52:39 pm by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 06, 2011, 04:00:01 pm »

Don't solo queue on new rotation day. :P

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 06, 2011, 04:08:18 pm »

I just played a game as Karthus where I died 13 times (same as our Akali, and only 2 under the person who died the least) and was second in kills (behind Akali) where I was accused of constantly feeding the enemy.  I was confused.  You generally don't attack the player who was making half the kills for your team, even if he died a lot.

The moral of this story is:  there are bads, you should laugh at them, then ignore them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 06, 2011, 04:16:59 pm »

I'm level 5 right now, i really don't get what i'm expecting from these games, but oh well, this one atleast ended nicely with some sweet tower baiting on my side, then subsequent  NOM NOM NOM taking place :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 06, 2011, 04:58:50 pm »

Also, they're all pseudo tanks, with the possible exception of mundo. All 3 lack proper CC. All 3 have great harassment. All 3 are mostly played by silly people who think they're OP and end up being useless if not played properly.
Durr, me is stupid person for liking characters. Durr.

Not directed at you. Seriously though, look at the majority of people who play morde, vlad, or mundo. Its been a while since I've seen a vlad who had enough working brain cells to not buy mejais as his first item despite the fact he's failing at mid lane, a morde who thinks he can tank despite the fact he's been only building AP/AD items and mundos who couldn't hit the side of a barn with their cleaver. What I meant was they take more skill then what people usualy think they do.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 06, 2011, 05:05:49 pm »

The problem you're thinking of is known as the "Akali Rule."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: April 06, 2011, 05:14:32 pm »

mundos who couldn't hit the side of a barn with their cleaver. What I meant was they take more skill then what people usualy think they do.

Effective Mundo must be awesome with cleavers.  You must master sniping the edge of a character if they're sloppy about hiding behind their creeps.  You should notice if they're hiding behind a creep that is about to die, and time a throw to pass through that space the second it does.  You should be able to do an instantaneous q/e/hit/run combo for effective harrassment (amazing damage/deterrent towards the end of the laning phase).  Another useful trick:  there's usually a good space between the melee and ranged creeps that enemies tend to stand in the middle of, giving you free shots from the bush.  You need to be great at predicting enemy movements in general.  You need great situational awareness in team fights to cover teammates with cleavers.  It's far more effective CC than most think.  It's a good slow every couple seconds.  You can easily keep a character or even two perma-slowed, allowing for escapes or chases.  Throwing through walls at enemies who think they have escaped is great too.

I've only encountered two Mundos who were about equal to me with their cleaver utility, which I assume is why people who don't play with me often tend to groan when I pick the character.  Also had the argument about whether or not Mundo is a tank many times.  After a couple games with me, most accept that he is... at least when I play him.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: April 06, 2011, 10:15:04 pm »

I wish they're take break on the championmaking a bit to fix the ones that have been around for a while and could reeeeally use some attention. They really need to fix eve, twitch, kat, kayle, jax and a few others, altough on the "being bad" aspect jax is the least offensive one. Eve is outright useless against anyone with some money and a few working brain cells; Twitch IS a bad champion all around ever since his nerf, altough you can still carry as him, but you need a pretty good start to do that; Kat is pretty awful and is only somewhat useful if she's fed to high heavens, due to complete lack of CC and channeled melee ultimate; Kayle is a subpar support dps thing that needs very expensive items to work and even then she's not that good and jax is the once awesome anti-melee carry that shuts down autoattackers but is subpar compared to some new champions of the same role.

Jax is the most workable one among those, though, he can still surprise people and shut down certain champions, he's just not that good. The other ones I mentioned are downright useless if countered properly, and even when they aren't they're still bad.

Some of their new champs are pretty good and the ryze remake was pretty well done, they can surely do something about the other champs me thinks. I mean, jarvan is good, irelia is good, karma works, renekton is awesome. Why not just pause a bit on the championmaking to fix the goodie old ones and make them playable again?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:18:31 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: April 06, 2011, 10:26:35 pm »

As Ashe, I laned with an Eve earlier today.

Felt exactly the same as solo-laning against two people, something I've had to do, and done, quite a few times before. Except infinitely more frustrating, because Eve is completely fucking useless.

We still won, due to the other team largely sucking. It turned from a 4(not counting Eve)v5 into a 4v3, as two of their team was useless and would die instantly in any battle.

I do like being able to support-fire my ult down a lane after going back, and watch as they scatter in fear of my arrival that never comes. I've saved a few teammates like that, and usually get more assists than kills+deaths in games where it's needed.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: April 06, 2011, 10:36:46 pm »

How about fixing the terribad bugs on Twisted Fate and Nidalee that have been around for ten million goddamn years? :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: April 07, 2011, 03:28:44 pm »

.....Eve is not a bad character, just very few people know how to play her.  I happen to be a pretty good eve, and yes when you are with her it does feel like you are basically 1vs2 I mean she's an assassin, and all assasssins arn't the best of laners and work better in surprise ganks.
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: April 07, 2011, 03:52:32 pm »

I dunno about eve, its not about skill, its about how she's insta countered by any counterstealth measure and since she needs to melee to do her stuff, ehhh. She could really use a buff, in the very least.

Also the bad thing about playing twitch is that people think just because you're stealth, it means you should initiate, which is the stupidest idea ever. I had an annie in my last team who complained the whole game about having a twitch in her team and how I didn't initiate for them. I mean, what the hell, sorry If one of our 2 tanks left even though we were winning.

It doesn't matter if you play well, if you play a character that received a major nerf people just assume you're bad, despite you having a much better KDR and basicaly carrying their team till one of the tanks suddenly goes poof. After that yi got fed really hard and garen refused to change his build despite yi being the sole cause behind the fact we were losing teamfights. All I needed was for them to keep yi busy for 2 seconds while I dropped my ultimate on them, but they just kept retreating and annie screaming at me to inititate by attacking 5 people while they were a football field away from me. The very same annie who thought it was a good idea to get hextech gunblade and leave deathcap as her last item.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:54:15 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 07, 2011, 04:56:25 pm »

Counters to stealth characters are expensive, though.  Wards can be destroyed and only last so long anyway.  They're cheap, but not completely reliable and will get expensive if you keep having to put them up.

Oracles are very expensive, put a massive bullseye on your forehead, and constitute a major loss if you die.  If you die 3 times in the last half of the game, which isn't at all an unreasonable number, and buy an oracle every time, you've wasted at least half of an upper tier item.

Plus all stealth champions are naturally assassin types which are very hard to balance in general.  They snowball really really fast and become unstoppable even without their stealth if at all successful.  Eve even has her damn ultimate that allows her to sustain through hunting down an entire team if they fail to overwhelm her immediately.

Stealth champions are a high stakes gamble and should be very difficult to pull off.  If they want it to be otherwise, they should re-make the stealth system entirely instead of boosting stealth characters.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: April 07, 2011, 05:19:38 pm »

The tradeoff is worth it. Putting a 550 gold item on your tank to shut off one of the enemy carries? Why not? Do it and you've just shut eve out of teamfight, just jump on her with your team, take her out, and and you got a 5 vs 4. Same thing with twitch except you don't shut him off completely since he's ranged, but one second of bad positioning and he gets turned into a red cloud of mutated rat hair. After a tank has his core build complete he can basicaly just buy oracles whenever he needs and stay with his team. Stealth champs either get early kills and carry or become useless due to having zero team utility.

Also Riot wants to nerf nidalee cause her heal is ULTRA SUSTAIN GUYSE
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 07, 2011, 05:28:38 pm »

The tradeoff is worth it. Putting a 550 gold item on your tank to shut off one of the enemy carries? Why not? Do it and you've just shut eve out of teamfight, just jump on her with your team, take her out, and and you got a 5 vs 4.

Yeah, but a smart player won't place themself in that position.  Anti-stealth items only shut down a bad player, against others they are a deterrent obstacle to be worked around until eliminated.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 165