Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165733 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1530 on: April 06, 2011, 03:51:23 am »

I'm also uploading my fight as Sion against Irelia and team.  It was a sad, sad game, and I'm not exactly proud of it.  Though I was doing pretty good for a section of it.  Maybe you guys will know where I went wrong and can correct me.

Here are my thoughts : First, don't waste your mana on minion waves early on (last hit with autoattacks instead). You need the mana for your stun and you don't want the enemy to hug their tower. Second, take some lifesteal, or you'll drain your HP slowly with enrage. AP sion is ok, i guess, but i'd advise to play him AD at first, it's probably easier. If you really want to play him AP, then focus more on farming and jungling mid game, as it's your strong point and will get you an xp/gold advantage. Other than that, avoid engaging alone, especially against more than 1 opponent (and for that, look at the minimap often). Try to focus on pushing towers and farming instead of killing enemies at all costs, and don't go back to your base in the middle of a push to buy items.
Ah, also i noticed that at some point in the beggining, you went mid to try and gank evelynn (which didnt work), while your underleveled veigar got killed in your lane. Try to avoid that, your lanemate needs to be able to rely on you, you should wait until you push your lane's tower to start running around for ganks.

Just my 2 cents anyway, it may or may not fit with your playstyle, but you're already mostly playing properly.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:55:50 am by Sirian »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1531 on: April 06, 2011, 06:58:08 am »

With my games as Sion, I have about 2-3 as AP, some more as a tank Sion and 20-40 (i think) as DPS Sion.
Now, DPS Sion needs to be fed. Doesn't have to be by champion kills, but killing minions works well, maybe even better (since you get loads of HP with Enrage). Getting criticals help you a lot.

I usually roll with his as Vampiric Scepter first, so you can keep Enrage on all the time: The lifesteal outheals the health cost on Enrage.

Next up boots and Executioner's Calling.
Then most likely Avarice blade --> Ghostblade later on
2 x Zeal
Infinity Edge.

You'll crit most of the time, and with only IE and Ghostblade you still have tons of attack damage with Enrage on. Your ulti makes you win 1 vs 3 fights if you don't get stunned. Stun someone and crit them only twice, half of their hp gone. Whoops.

Consider getting Atma later on and selling Executioner's Calling. If you have mana issues and can't rely on golem, buy Manamunee (or if they have loads of amgic dmg, Chalice as an early game item, don't buy it late).

Also, wanna know a sure way to get a first blood at Co-Op vs AI? Pick Nocturne, buy boots, go mid, take Q. When Ryze/Annie comes close, bait them little further, and then
1. Q them
2. ignite them
3. Autoattack
4. ?????
5. Profit.

If needed, use Ghost to get them even faster.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 06, 2011, 08:04:07 am »

anyone have a good build plan for Jarvan? It's the first champ I have gotten double digit kills with and I would like a more efficient strategy please
Only a simple mind can be certain.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 06, 2011, 08:32:09 am »

I see him being built a lot as a straight dps champ, wriggles, last whisper, atma, but i personally find he is better off as a semi-tank with a randuin, frozen heart, banshee.

his skills just cries for an initator type champ, and those need to be able to survive the first few seconds after they jumped into the enemy team.

i guess he could also perform nicely as a dps champ, with his E passive/active, but other champions do it better or has better skills built-in for it (xin, olaf, ww for example) so i leave that spot to them and take the role of supporting them with the enemy Armor Debuff and Armor/Attack speed boost.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 06, 2011, 10:28:54 am »

I've noticed that i would get a lot more assits with him, but i built him as a very tanky semi-dps.Basically getting Randouin, Banshee, Frozen Mallet, Atma, Sunfire, FoN and usually Merc treads.The resist items are built according to the enemy team.Hexdrinker also works nicely for those insanely AP focused teams and combined with your shield it makes you nigh impossible to kill with the first burst of damage.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:42 am »

I'm quite happy today, i tweaked my masteries/rune build for tristana (my main) and it works incredibly well. I was saving up IP to buy Corki but i'm lucky as he is free this week. The usual build with trist (i think i saw it in most guides) is to get armor pen reds, dodge yellows (previously mana regen but those have been nerfed), and cd reduction blues.

Then there was this time when i played agaisnt a teemo tank and i was amazed at his survivability with almost no effect on his damage potential. Actually you could say that since he could take damage, he was able to deal even more instead of running away (and he used a madred so...).

Anyways, i thought about it and i realised that most of the damage you take as tristana is magic, because of your long range and escape skills. I also noticed that since my targets are mostly squishies with little to no armor, my armor penetration was almost useless as soon as i got a black cleaver. And cooldowns/lvl were kind of useless since it changes almost nothing early on, and i'm mostly autoattacking once i hit late game (also, rocket jump refreshes on kill/assist).

With that in mind, i replaced my blue runes with magic resist/lvl, red with damage/lvl, and i will replace my yellow with hp/lvl (netting me roughly +10%hp instead of 7% dodge). I went for a 25/5/0 mastery build with mender's faith/+6magic resist/+2 armor in the defensive branch.

I also changed my item build order, and now i get black cleaver as a 3rd item instead of infinity's edge. (1st and second are wriggle's lantern and +3 boots)

And... it works ! The bonus damage is just the extra boost i needed, i can farm even better than before, and i won my last game almost single-handedly with a 16/0/3 score (and it was 4vs5!). Too bad the replay file doesnt work, it was flawless, i even managed to rocket-jump in front of their nexus (and on Zilean's head :p) when they surrendered, with the last touch in my "did you fall down and go boom ?" taunt followed by a /laugh, while some enemy said "gg tris" in /all.

good times :)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 06, 2011, 12:35:36 pm »

How do you convince a retarded moron WW who keeps whining about KS'ing in a team that is made of  carries?
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 06, 2011, 12:37:44 pm »

DPS jarvan is ok but tanky DPS jarvan is better IMO. Think of him as garen and xin zhao's lovechild, he's not as tanky as garen but also not quite as deepsy as xin. He's a good initiator but if you wanna do any consistent damage with him you need to be at least somewhat tanky since you sorta need to be on people's faces. His shield doesn't absorb that much damage and using flag + Q to escape takes a an extra second compared to most champs that can jump over walls, which might cost your life.

Going tanky DPS with him lets you take on most champs face to face and still have enough damage to give them a beating and finish them off once they're weak enough. His natural damage is already high, he doesn't need alot of damage items to be dangerous. Going pure DPS on him might make him scarier but he'll be quite a bit more fragile, while going tanky dps will lower his damage slightly but give him enough survivability for him to turn the tide of teamfights with his ultimate.

I might end up buying him, atm I'm torn between poppy, xin and jarv. All 3 are fun as heck to play as, altough nothing really beats charging into the enemy team, hammering the squishy carry's face in then comming out mostly unharmed as poppy.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 06, 2011, 02:44:34 pm »

How do you convince a retarded moron WW who keeps whining about KS'ing in a team that is made of  carries?

Don't have a team made of carries.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 06, 2011, 02:49:57 pm »

The only damage item I ever buy on Jarvan is Wriggles for lifesteal and farming. After that, it's tanky all the way.

Edit: What's the similarity between Vlad, Morde, and Mundo?

Answer: If they get even one kill in their solo lane, they will dominate everything.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 06, 2011, 03:09:35 pm »

Also, they're all pseudo tanks, with the possible exception of mundo. All 3 lack proper CC. All 3 have great harassment. All 3 are mostly played by silly people who think they're OP and end up being useless if not played properly.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 06, 2011, 03:23:36 pm »

Yup, they are not tanky deeps in the right sense of the word like Jax, Garen or Olaf are, they have their one thing with HP instead of mana which basically enables them infinite spam of thier abilities mid to late game since by then they either have a big enough HP pool to not notice or have high enough HP regen to not notice, or even both.They can farm like crazy and are deceptivley tough and hard to kill, either because of thier passive (morde) or because they have an ability that allows them a fast escape if needed.Also most people don't expect a tank to do so much damage, or a mage to be so hard to kill so they require some different tactics to be taken down.

And in the end, they are all fun as hell to play :D
AS - IG

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 06, 2011, 03:25:55 pm »

Anyone know a decent Shaco build?  I've been mssing around alot with him and it seems not enough dmg and he is shit late game, not enough health and he gets trounced mid game, and attack speed seems to not benefit him at all.....
Nom nom nom

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 06, 2011, 03:47:01 pm »

Anyone know a decent Shaco build?  I've been mssing around alot with him and it seems not enough dmg and he is shit late game, not enough health and he gets trounced mid game, and attack speed seems to not benefit him at all.....

Shaco is one of few characters I've never played, but I can tell you that I fear a good AP Shaco.  If you're clever, you can set up extremely deadly traps, and your throwing knives are mini-nukes.  One of the toughest teams I've ever fought against was an AP Shaco and a Katarina.  The rest of their team was terrible.  We barely had to acknowledge they were there.  Those two alone held us off for over an hour.  They're the only team I've been completely unable to tank late game with a full build as Mundo.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 06, 2011, 03:48:24 pm »

Also, they're all pseudo tanks, with the possible exception of mundo. All 3 lack proper CC. All 3 have great harassment. All 3 are mostly played by silly people who think they're OP and end up being useless if not played properly.
Durr, me is stupid person for liking characters. Durr.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 165